GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,239
3 members and 1,236 guests
No Members online

Old 08-15-2024, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

So Bama Morgan got dropped again. I do hate the general reactions of “WE RIDE AT DAWN” and people trying to harass girls in the sororities asking why she got dropped like ??? Why can’t people understand it’s a mutual process?

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 08-15-2024, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
She is one of the TikTok PNMs. I don't think they were worried about her over sharing. I think she's really not a great fit for sorority life at Bama. I wouldn't be a good fit there either.
I wish people wouldn't overlook Sigma Delta Tau there. They still give a great experience, it's just not a "row" experience. It is similar to what many of us experienced at other campuses.
Old 08-15-2024, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
So Bama Morgan got dropped again. I do hate the general reactions of “WE RIDE AT DAWN” and people trying to harass girls in the sororities asking why she got dropped like ??? Why can’t people understand it’s a mutual process?
Independents are doing this?
Old 08-15-2024, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Independents are doing this?
Yes. Of course anyone who was in a sorority knows the process and are trying to explain to an audience how it works. Apparently it was grades and we all know nationals and the individual chapters sets it.

I also forgot to add this: we don’t know how her rounds went and the conversations she had in the houses.

Since 1888

Old 08-15-2024, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
I just went and looked. There's some lady posting to Morgan's Tik Tok with "You should start your own sorority!!" Then there's a someone chiming in with "Same! I was a founder for my DPhiE chapter. Best thing I did during college!" and another person "OMGggg just opened to text this and urs was the first thing that came up!!!! Yessss they don’t have an Alpha Sigma Alpha- let’s go!!! As a former ASA VP- I want Morgan!"

<face palm>

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

True and Constant
Old 08-15-2024, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

She's going to COB. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-15-2024, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

That is a good idea but what if she doesn't get one for COB? I don't want people to harass the sororities just on that. People don't know that recruitment is just as hard on the other side, especially for the recruitment/membership team that do an insane amount of work and logistics just for it to all go so smooth, especially at Bama with 2.5k (!!) girls going through and 100+ member PC's!

Since 1888

Old 08-15-2024, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I’ve seen a few comment on TikTok that she actually got a bid last year but turned it down. That combined with whatever feelings about her social media presence has supposedly blacklisted her.
Old 08-18-2024, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea87 View Post
I’ve seen a few comment on TikTok that she actually got a bid last year but turned it down. That combined with whatever feelings about her social media presence has supposedly blacklisted her.
Saw the same thing. As someone else said, she said she plans to COB. This is not her first rodeo at Bama. She should know that CoB opportunities are few and far between. The chapter that offered her a bid last year ( which she didn’t accept) will likely be COBing as they are the new kid on the block, but I doubt they will give her a 2nd chance. I have a difficult time believing that she thought posting her rush experience AGAIN would provide a different ending than last year. I think she did it to gain followers and make some money.Speaking of followers, some of her followers seem to have a loose hold on reality. Yikes!
Old 08-18-2024, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know quota but DG took 140.
Old 08-18-2024, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

My niece got a bid!
Old 08-18-2024, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
My niece got a bid!
Woohoo! Congrats to her!

Since 1888

Old 08-18-2024, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
My niece got a bid!
So happy for her! Are you willing to share which sorority?
Old 08-18-2024, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

May (I found her on TikTok during Bama Bound) went Pi Phi. The comments on her pref day video were evenly divided between Phi Mu and Pi Phi it seemed, so I guess people had it figured out! Also, it's really odd to see people commenting where she got a bid before she herself announced it...but I guess that's the flip side of social media presences.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Does anyone know if Bama has a list somewhere of where PNMs went? A coworker’s daughter went through recruitment this year down there and I’d love to know where she went. I’m from Illinois and while I’m very familiar with Big 10 schools…the SEC is its own world! I also don’t want to embarrass my coworker by asking on the off chance her daughter dropped/was dropped. Coworker is a GDI but I know worked hard to ensure she got all of the recs she needed for her daughter (she had my sorority covered by the time I asked if she needed one). And I don’t want to be creepy and stalk her daughter’s socials!

Also, on the topic of Bama Morgan, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I have seen multiple places that she is a junior who only has a 2.85 GPA, so that also could be a big factor on what happened with her in the long run. She did also get a snap bid last year she turned down. I do hope she’s successful with COB and finds a home for her if she’s meant to find one. But i appreciate she’s got a good attitude toward others being successful in Greek Life even if she is ultimately not.