Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 907
3 members and 904 guests
JayhawkAOII, PGD-GRAD

Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

How is her skin medically able to do that? Is it a horrible combo of sunless spray tan and actual tan with tanning bed??
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I see a slightly darker Oompa Loompa.
Lol. I think the tanning salon should have cut her off, like a bartender is supposed to do.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Lol. I think the tanning salon should have cut her off, like a bartender is supposed to do.
If one salon cuts her off, another will take her money unfortunately. When the TLC crazy addiction show first aired last year there was a girl in her early 20s who admitted to going tanning two times a day each time at different salons.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure you're right...sad. I hope she doesn't get skin cancer. It's scary to think that cancer researchers would never do to this woman what she's done to herself.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ I'm predicting skin cancer in her future. If not then she needs to be examined for how she didn't end up with it.

I believe I read somewhere that tanning booths are actually addictive. I'll try to find the article, but it gives you a boost of something and you just get hooked.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

When I see those photos, I think of John Stewart saying "Joisseey"
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I am unclear as to the law on this, but wouldn't a tanning booth maybe not allow a five year old to use their equipment? You'd have to wonder what kind of mother takes her kid tanning. Then again, I grew up with a mom who would use SPF 75 or higher on me...if it happened to be sunny in the winter. I'm still surprised didn't make me wear ski pants to the beach.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Just watched Anderson Cooper 360, and this woman was this evening's "Ridiculist" nominee. Not because she supposedly took her daughter tanning (she says she took her daughter in the room with her - to keep an eye on her - but never let her use the equipment) but because of her ridiculous tanning addiction. He showed several clips of her from interviews, some where she's so dark that you can't even make out her facial features.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Some folks have some sense

http://www.khou.com/video/featured-v...149717925.html

It is a prom pledge: No tanning. And for students at First Baptist Academy of Dallas, it has unanimous support.
While all proms have a theme, this one is a little different — dress for fun, but wear your real color.
"Girls look beautiful the way they are, in the skin they are in," said senior Kristen Verhuiden, who says she is proud to be pale.
She wants her fellow classmates to avoid the peer pressure of tanning. She says the golden glow has to come from within.
“We're just going to go natural and be confident in who we are," she said.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a redhead and she has not one freckle. Even in daycare, she wouldn't go outside without a hat...it was like she had some self-protection gene. If I'm still around to see her in 50 years, that girl's skin is going to look GREAT.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 View Post
I am unclear as to the law on this, but wouldn't a tanning booth maybe not allow a five year old to use their equipment? You'd have to wonder what kind of mother takes her kid tanning. Then again, I grew up with a mom who would use SPF 75 or higher on me...if it happened to be sunny in the winter. I'm still surprised didn't make me wear ski pants to the beach.
According to the mother the daughter was in the same room as the tanning booth, she never got into the booth or tanned. I'm willing the give her the benefit of the doubt and say that this lady is getting a raw deal here. Yes, she may be a tanning freak but that doesn't mean she should be arrested and her kid taken away from her.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
I'm willing the give her the benefit of the doubt and say that this lady is getting a raw deal here.
Rimshot.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
This woman looks like a casting reject from the original Planet of the Apes.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
According to the mother the daughter was in the same room as the tanning booth, she never got into the booth or tanned. I'm willing the give her the benefit of the doubt and say that this lady is getting a raw deal here. Yes, she may be a tanning freak but that doesn't mean she should be arrested and her kid taken away from her.
It is not difficult to determine whether someone (a child in this instance) was in a tanning booth. If the child was only in the same room, and there is no excessive heat or anything to cause the child harm, I am sure they will get this cleared and taken care of. Tans are not difficult to detect and neither are the effects of tanning booths on the skin.

As for this woman's addiction, as with that show Strange Addictions, there are aspects of these addictions that can harm not only the addicted adults but also the children.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
As for this woman's addiction, as with that show Strange Addictions, there are aspects of these addictions that can harm not only the addicted adults but also the children.
I understand your point but do you really think that she is unfit to be a parent because of her tanning addiction (being if she really is addicted to tanning and the kid is not being forced or encouraged to tan)? Shall we also pull kids out of homes where the parent is an alcoholic, shopaholic, smoker, gambler, promiscuous, an unhealthy eater, etc etc etc?

There is no such thing as a perfect parent so where do you draw the line?