GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,162
1 members and 1,161 guests
violetpretty

Old 09-01-2024, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Probably don’t even need a loan at all.
Exactly but when people are critical of student loan forgiveness know nothing of the qualifications, it's noticeable.
Old 09-02-2024, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

So Alpha Chi had a sinkhole in their house Luckily sisterhood and pref were done at the house but that's crazy!

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 09-03-2024, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
So Alpha Chi had a sinkhole in their house Luckily sisterhood and pref were done at the house but that's crazy!
They used Gamma Phi Beta’s house next door for all of their parties. The Alpha Chi Omega women weee troopers who rapidly made the best of a fluke situation without skipping a beat. ❤️
Old 09-03-2024, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a thread around somewhere with sororities that had building issues during recruitment…

It’s crazy how many there were
Old 09-03-2024, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we more "seasoned" taxpayers balk at the whole Loan Forgiveness program.
I doubt these students are taking out loans🙄your statement was ridiculous. Please educate yourself on who is getting their loans forgiven, sheesh.
Old 09-03-2024, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I see where honeychile is coming from to a degree. I get that bad things happen to good people, but if you majored in some bullshit, and then want your loans written off because you can’t find a job, then that’s your fault. It’s not my fault you majored in some bullshit like glass blowing. Tax payers shouldn’t have to foot the bill for dumbasses who majored in some lightweight hobby shit they enjoy that isn’t going to make money.

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 09-03-2024 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Most of those that have loans that are being forgiven have already paid back what they borrowed and then some. It’s not like they just took loans out and didn’t pay them back (like many of the people in congress that took out PPP loans during covid). The interest rates and compounding interest makes it almost impossible to pay back some school loans. Many teachers, nurses and other civil servants have benefited from this program. I would think that we, the people, would want to help educators and those in other professions that don’t make a large amount but are very needed in our society? Or maybe I am just not that selfish��*♀️
Old 09-03-2024, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieAXO View Post
Most of those that have loans that are being forgiven have already paid back what they borrowed and then some. It’s not like they just took loans out and didn’t pay them back (like many of the people in congress that took out PPP loans during covid). The interest rates and compounding interest makes it almost impossible to pay back some school loans. Many teachers, nurses and other civil servants have benefited from this program. I would think that we, the people, would want to help educators and those in other professions that don’t make a large amount but are very needed in our society? Or maybe I am just not that selfish��*♀️
I agree with paying back what’s owed. But do you think some dude who majored in glass blowing in college with a minor in communications, then goes on to borrow more money with a masters at the University of Phoenix in some more bullshit, you think he should get his loans forgiven?

Edit to add: Add a PhD from the University of Phoenix to his bill too. You think his loans should be forgiven because he’s working at KFC as a shift leader with a PhD from the University of Phoenix?

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 09-03-2024 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Phrozen is right. I actually know of several people who didn't need student loans but took them out to finance fancy on-campus or other apartments or something else that their parents wouldn't, then haven't been able to get jobs or more likely, weren't trying too hard. Thinking back, most were liberal arts majors. Anyone who thinks that these loans can only be used for tuition is mistaken.

We see it all at colleges.
Old 09-04-2024, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I agree with paying back what’s owed. But do you think some dude who majored in glass blowing in college with a minor in communications, then goes on to borrow more money with a masters at the University of Phoenix in some more bullshit, you think he should get his loans forgiven?

Edit to add: Add a PhD from the University of Phoenix to his bill too. You think his loans should be forgiven because he’s working at KFC as a shift leader with a PhD from the University of Phoenix?
A lot of people major in education which isn’t bullshit, but teachers are way underpaid in this country. We pay entertainers and athletes more money than educators. Speaking of bullshit, if that isn’t bullshit, then I don’t know what is. I know teachers working multiple jobs so they can pay their student loans back. Loan forgiveness for teachers doesn’t mean they don’t have to pay them back at all. They have to pay them back up to a point. Some educators can’t afford that.

We have a huge problem with the haves and have nots in this country. This not only means getting an education, but healthcare is an added financial problem too. No reason somebody who has health issues or wants to get an education should be shut out for lack of funds. Now that’s what I call bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Phrozen is right. I actually know of several people who didn't need student loans but took them out to finance fancy on-campus or other apartments or something else that their parents wouldn't, then haven't been able to get jobs or more likely, weren't trying too hard. Thinking back, most were liberal arts majors. Anyone who thinks that these loans can only be used for tuition is mistaken.

A friend of mine and her husband worked at the school Phrozen Sands mentioned, University of Phoenix. According to her, if you or your spouse worked there, and you wanted to get an education there, you could go for free. She was getting her MBA there, but since they never had an actual wedding, she still took out a $20,000 student loan to pay for the wedding. They had already been married two years, but she still wanted a wedding. Long story short, she got the money, applied it all to their wedding, although they were already married. Lasted two more years after the wedding, then divorced, now she’s still stuck paying for the student loan she used for her wedding. Her loans were written off by the loan forgiveness program. So basically the tax payer paid for her wedding.
Old 09-04-2024, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post

FACTS!

Quote:
A lot of people major in education which isn’t bullshit, but teachers are way underpaid in this country. We pay entertainers and athletes more money than educators. Speaking of bullshit, if that isn’t bullshit, then I don’t know what is. I know teachers working multiple jobs so they can pay their student loans back. Loan forgiveness for teachers doesn’t mean they don’t have to pay them back at all. They have to pay them back up to a point. Some educators can’t afford that.

We have a huge problem with the haves and have nots in this country. This not only means getting an education, but healthcare is an added financial problem too. No reason somebody who has health issues or wants to get an education should be shut out for lack of funds. Now that’s what I call bullshit.
I agree. I was talking about folks who major in some shit that isn’t going to pay the bills, but want a free handout from other people to cover the cost for their dumb ass decision making. Pisses me off. That’s what I was talking about. I actually agree with what you posted.
Quote:
A friend of mine and her husband worked at the school Phrozen Sands mentioned, University of Phoenix. According to her, if you or your spouse worked there, and you wanted to get an education there, you could go for free. She was getting her MBA there, but since they never had an actual wedding, she still took out a $20,000 student loan to pay for the wedding. They had already been married two years, but she still wanted a wedding. Long story short, she got the money, applied it all to their wedding, although they were already married. Lasted two more years after the wedding, then divorced, now she’s still stuck paying for the student loan she used for her wedding. Her loans were written off by the loan forgiveness program. So basically the tax payer paid for her wedding.
Lmao!
Old 09-04-2024, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tax payers shouldn’t have to foot the bill for dumbasses who majored in some lightweight hobby shit they enjoy that isn’t going to make money.
I agree. But at the same time, I shouldn’t have to “foot the bill” for folks who aren’t paying their fair share of taxes. The same folks getting all bent out of shape about a free handout to others are the same folks getting them daily by not paying their fair share of taxes. And don’t get me started on folks having all these kids they can’t afford to take care of that I also have to pay for.
Old 09-04-2024, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I agree. But at the same time, I shouldn’t have to “foot the bill” for folks who aren’t paying their fair share of taxes. The same folks getting all bent out of shape about a free handout to others are the same folks getting them daily by not paying their fair share of taxes. And don’t get me started on folks having all these kids they can’t afford to take care of that I also have to pay for.
Lmfao @ PB bringing welfare kids to the conversation. I feel you though.
Old 09-04-2024, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there always going to a be someone that takes advantage of the system? Of course! Look again at all of the GOP politicians that got their PPP loans paid off, you think they needed the money? I believe a majority of these people are good, hardworking people. I know some of them myself and they made at least 10 years worth of payments and paid back more than they borrowed. So don’t lump all of these people together.
Old 09-04-2024, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmfao @ PB bringing welfare kids to the conversation. I feel you though.
Phroze, it’s not the children on government assistance that are the problem. It’s not their fault. It’s the parents that continue to produce these kids that are the problem, especially these men. It’s their fault. Was content and happy having an orgasm in between those legs — will gladly put his dick in, but runs when the baby comes out. That right there sends me over the edge, man. Drives me nuts. I have zero respect for a man who lust after a woman, a lot of times, multiple women, has children with them, refuses to take care of those children, and runs from responsibility. I shouldn’t have to pay for that.