Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,052
0 members and 1,052 guests
No Members online

Old 05-30-2004, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Xylochick216

Halfway through the show, Corey got up to sing. He doesn't have a good singing voice, so I was wondering why he was singing. I thought he was just being cute and romantic, but the last line of the song, he (and everyone else in the bar) yelled "Will you marry me?" as he got down on one knee. I have never been so speechless in my entire life. I sobbed and said yes, of course. Apparently Corey had sent a CD of the song and the whole plan to my roommates, and they in turn emailed all our sisters and my other friends at school. It was the best day of my life
That Is Awesome!!!

Congrats!!

I wish I had a story but I havent been proposed to yet and I'm still searching for a decent guy.

ΑΧΩ
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Bumping this thread because I'm a huge sucker for proposal stories!

Any good ones out there?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

This story is about how my cousin (we’ll call him Chris), proposed to his wife (we’ll call her Stacy), and I just had to tell it.

The two of them had planned to rent a movie one night. Chris said he’d pick up the video and he promised Stacy he wouldn’t get anything too “guy-ish”. She agreed, and he came home later with a couple movies. She asked him what he got and he said it was a surprise. She watched tv while he made some popcorn.

He came in the room, handed her the bowl, and put in the movie. Well.. my other cousin’s husband works for a production company and he put together a movie of Chris and Stacy. It was from all of the vacations they took together (and there were a lot!). At the beginning of the movie, Chris pops up on the screen and says what the movie is about, and says that he loves her and that he hopes she enjoys the show.

As the movie goes on, there are tons of pictures of them… goofy ones, nice ones… and there was some video added in, also.

At the end of it, Chris comes back on the screen, saying how much he loves her, etc. etc. Then he says, “Hold on..” He disappears off camera for no more than 5 seconds, and he comes back wearing a tux. He says, “This seemed a bit more appropriate for the occasion, but I’ll turn it over to Chris now..” The REAL Chris then pulled out the ring and got down on one knee. Meanwhile, on the video, Chris is standing there and in the top corner appears a big picture of a ring... he looks up at it, points at it, looks straight ahead again, and smiles.

The next time my family visited, he had us watch the video and it was the cutest thing. And I'm sure the actual proposal was just as adorable

@~/~~~~
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm surprised I didn't post my story before. It's not romantic, but it's pretty humorous.

About 8 months after we started dating, my bf asked me what I thought about us spending more time together. I looked at him, incredulous, because we were both working full time and in grad school at night and very, very busy. I pointed this out to him and he said "No, I mean, for the long haul". I told him there were a lot of issues we had never discussed and started ticking off things we had never talked about like our differences in religion, kids, some family issues. He dispelled each concern immediately and we went out looking at rings a few weeks later. That Christmas, we were at his sister's house and he hands me a small box from a jewelers. I thought for sure it was the ring and opened the box and there was a gold bracelet. Very pretty gold bracelet, but not the ring I thought it was going to be. 7 months later, July, I'm at work and talking with my co-worker about this relationship. I told her that I was having concerns about the fact that he hadn't proposed yet but didn't want to give him an ultimatum because I didn't want him proposing because he felt railroaded. I told her that if he was still unsure after all this time, I didn't think I was the right woman for him and that I was going to break up with him that night. He comes over and we sit on the couch and I start my spiel about how if he's not sure by now, he may never be sure and perhaps I wasn't the right person for him so I think we should stop seeing each other. He lets me go through the whole break-up speech. When I was done, he pulled a ring box out of his pocket and says "Well what am I going to do with this then?" I called him a ishthead and took the ring.

I never did ask him why he had that ring in his pocket that particular day. I've never asked if he was planning to propose or if he'd been carrying it around with him for weeks waiting for the right time or what. Definitely not the romantic proposal I had dreamed of. I guess that should have been my sign that we weren't right for each other in the first place, since we're divorced now!

Last edited by AGDee; 11-19-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

The best proposal story I have ever heard:

My church friends' fiance made a hunt for her with clues.

It started at her house, where a clue told her to go to her best friend's house where Best Friend had the next clue. This clue told her to go to the local park (with best friend who was taking pics the entire time).

Once she got to the park, she found a clue that told her to follow the hiking trail and see where it led. Along the trail, there were 24 roses (a rose for every month that they were together).

At the end of the trail, her fiance was waiting with the ring. He asked her to marry him and she said yes. He then led her to a limo that took her to her parent's restaurant where all of her friends and family were there to celebrate their engagement.

The best part of this was that Best Friend was following her and taking pics the entire time, so there are pictures of her reaction to every moment which is really cute.

These two are getting married in June 2009 and I'm excited.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 11-19-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It all started when he went to bed at 10pm (early) on a friday night. I should have known something was up. At the time, we were in a long distance military relationship, so phone calls were precious...

When I talked to him early saturday morning, the background noise on his phone sounded kinda crazy and I asked him, "Are you driving right now?" and he said "no, I'm sitting in front of the tv watching saturday morning cartoons drinking a cup of coffee," which was a perfectly good explanation, bc that's how he spent his saturday mornings...He rattled off a list of things he was going to do that day, go grocery shopping, etc etc. What a liar!

Well, I went christmas shopping with Mom. Again, something I picked up on AFTER the fact, was when she asked me at lunch if I thought he was going to propose for Christmas, and I said "Hell, I dunno. All I know is that he promised me he would do it before he left on deployment in May." So Mom knew - she wouldnt have brought it up if she didnt....

So, 'bout 4:00, I got home from shopping. At my apt complex, we had assigned parking spaces. I pulled up, and there was a truck in my spot. And I was like "Crap! Someone's in my spot....wait a minute....that looks like Jonny's truck....Oh my GOD! It IS Jonny's truck." So I figured he just wanted to surprise me - whatever. I mean, thoughts were running through my head real quick like "Its nice of him to want to surprise me, but I have final exams on Monday...This had BETTER be good....."

Well, it was. It was better than good. I walked in the door of the apt and said "What are you doing here?" and I looked over at the Christmas tree, and there he was, knelt down on one knee, shaking like a leaf when he asked me....

Technically, I never said "yes" I just started kissing him and he put the ring on me. Hah!

So....I found out that he went to bed early friday night, because he got on the road at 4:30 am to make the 9 hour drive down here. He met my Dad for lunch at 2pm to show him the ring and "ask permission" and all that. He said he had only been at my apt for about 10 minutes when I came home.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Awww to this whole thread! I'll echo a few other posters and say, "Someday!"
Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

My fiance proposed twice, (no, I didn't turn him down the first time) but the second one is the more romantic story

When he proposed the first time, we were both broke college students, so he couldn't buy a ring. He wanted to though, so we started looking together.

We spent that summer apart because he had a job and a lease in our college town, and I had an internship in our home town. He came to visit me over Memorial Day weekend, and we went to the mall. He took me to all these stores to look at engagement rings, then took me to dinner before we went out to the movies. We were seeing the opening showing of Pirates 3, so I was really excited.

After the movie, around midnight, he asks me if I want to go to the dock at Lake Occoquan. I was in a pirate haze, so I just said yes, thinking nothing of it. Pirates, water, it made perfect sense to me.

So we walked down onto the dock, and he turns to me and says, "I need to be honest with you... this whole day was a lie." I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he pulled the ring out of his pocket, and told me that he had already bought the ring, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. I was stunned, because I really didn't think that he'd bought the ring already! It was so sweet!