GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,234
2 members and 1,232 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2000, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Alright, let me just say that there is a huge difference between "not getting along" and just disliking the girl, because she doesn't fit your physical ideal of an XYZ.

And in response to your comment about not liking all of your sisters. Your right there might be girls that I don't particularly get along with or care for. However, they are my sister first and foremost. My attitude is that I would do anything for them. I wouldn't let anyone talk about one of my sisters.

Its a real shame that you made it in your house, cuz obviously whatever they did see in you, they didn't see your two-faced nature, or pettiness. I really hope your not my sister, because then I'd have to be ashamed of you for not living up to our motto and creed.

Keeping it Real,

Kymberleigh
Delta Delta Delta

[This message has been edited by Kymberleigh (edited October 07, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kymberleigh (edited October 07, 2000).]
Old 10-08-2000, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

I just joined a new sorority too and I can't imagine how anyone can be so judgmental. I would never treat any of my sisters like that! If you haven't noticed, which it seems like you haven't, there is a lot more to someone than their apperance. I think you need to reevaluate the reason why you joined a sorority in the first place. Maybe you should try being nicer to this girl, and then you might understand why she was offered a bid.
Old 10-08-2000, 01:01 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by anonomous:
[B]i'm sure all of you don't get along with every single sister so don't start criticizing me for it. and another thing...i was never mean to her, i just don't like her that much. i tolerate her because she is my sister, but that's as far as it goes. B]
Yes, I don't get along with every single sister - I can't imagine that there would ever be a time when you'd put 30+ girls together and they would all get along - but it has nothing to do with something as shallow as their physical appearance.

If you would have cited a concrete reason such as her always flirting with your boyfriend, or her being outwardly rude to you, I don't think you would have got jumped on like you did. But the reasons you gave are something you should have got over in junior high school. Obviously the active sisters aren't embarrassed to call this girl their sister, what in the world makes you think you should be?

Old 10-08-2000, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Thumbs up

I would like to agree with the poster who suggested taking her to the spa and bond with her on a level away from the sorority. Do it as a pledge class activity! (Wish I had that thought when I was pledging!!) I do not think you are petty, I think you are a typical human, trying to just make it in the world on your own without hurting others, but with your own interests at heart. I have never been in your situation, but I am not the nicest person all the time, cuz I'm human. I've known some weird people in my day and they are sometimes the smartest. It sounds like she maybe needs some help in gaining some social skills, this is a common reason some people join greek orgs. Have you thought of the possibility that her parents made her join so that she could get out of her shell? Please continue to be civil to her, and remember, the last person I know who loved everyone was Jesus and I don't know anyone who can measure up to that, but we can try!!
Old 10-08-2000, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Kymberleigh, it seems that your are too harsh. Well, not really it just seems odd that you made the comment to me in another thread and you're doing the same thing here. My, how we change like the wind.

It just goes to show you that we all have our OWN way of addressing people and expressing ourselves on this message board. That's what makes us unique individuals. Remember that.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited October 08, 2000).]