Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,524
0 members and 1,524 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

What group do you refer to? Blueangel, like I said before, I would like to nominate you for a peace prize. You have been able to do what no one else has- get the women of GC to agree on one thing. Tippiechick and AlphaFrog (using them as an example, NOT making a personal attack, had to clarify that since you don't seem to know the difference) never agree on anything. They only seem to agree when you're replying to your posts. And what is it that they agree on? Please refer to AlphaFrog's and my pictures that are posted above.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

That is just the kind of silliness that I'm talking about. Posting a photo of a bat is just rediculous.

But this is again, classic MO.... create a train wreck because you're hoping this entire thread gets deleted. You're not happy that I cut through the spin. It's not about AI, it's about how you and your ilk disagree with others though silly photos like this one, parody threads, and mean spirited signatures.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 09-29-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
You had a post deleted this morning. I got an email that you had replied to me, and I got on here, and POOF! it was gone.

Don't pretend you're innocent.
Which post? I am not aware of anything deleted.. and for what reason?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

My signature contains the lyrics to a song that I like, a tribute to my friend who passed away, and a link to the Meningitis Foundation of America. What about that is mean spirited? While you're at it, why don't you also accuse me of spamming because my signature contains a website link?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
That is just the kind of silliness that I'm talking about. Posting a photo of a bat is just rediculous.

But this is again, classic MO.... create a train wreck because you're hoping this entire thread gets deleted. You're not happy that I cut through the spin. It's not about AI, it's about how you and your ilk disagree with others though silly photos like this one, parody threads, and mean spirited signatures.
And what's your MO? Bullying _Opi_ for her religious beliefs? Encouraging women to AI because you know they won't join your organization?

Why won't you answer our questions? Are you willing to sponsor women on GC for AI?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Which post? I am not aware of anything deleted.. and for what reason?
Dear GeekyPenguin,

blueangel has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Thailand WTF?? - in the News & Politics forum of GreekChat.com Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...7&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by GeekyPenguin)---
Are you also going to ask for an explanation of all the quotes permitting violence in Christianity or are you a one-bigot wonder?
---End Quote---
I have done that on another forum. Would you like to debate that as well? If so, please create another thread, and I'm happy to ask you questions. But, I'm afraid I'll have to report you for calling me a bigot
--

Tell me where on GC I can find this post.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Whole threads in which I've posted have been deleted, but not because I broke the TOS.... but because you and/or your group have broken the TOS and caused such strife, the whole thing was knocked out.

This is the MO of your group. Instead of addressing the subject at hand, your best defense is offense. Your ilk gangs up on others, call them names, have silly secret s(or what you *think* is secret) ways of mocking others through immature "bat poo" references (yes, all harrassment, and all against the TOS).

Didn't you have a signature that you were asked to delete not too long ago?

Tell me.. were you asked to delete a signature, and for what reason?
We have all had perfectly good posts that were deleted because a thread has gotten out of hand. Maybe you have been a "victim" of such as well, but you are no saint. You have abused the TOS just as many others have, and that gives you no right to cast the first stone.

And really now..."Your group?" This is not a conspiracy! There is no group of people who conspire to dislike you, fortunately you make it easy enough on your own. Please don't consider yourself so important that a group of GC'ers would have to get together to disagree with you. Anyone with common sense can see a trainwreck when it happens in front of their face.

And in regards to my signature, I was asked to take it down by John. He said that it "may have been" harassment. Even John could see that publicly posted information is hardly harassment! After initially disagreeing to take it down, I found something else to put there instead that both satisfied John's request & my own personal opinion.

Last edited by _Lisa_; 09-29-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
And what's your MO? Bullying _Opi_ for her religious beliefs? Encouraging women to AI because you know they won't join your organization?

Why won't you answer our questions? Are you willing to sponsor women on GC for AI?
You seem to have a very odd definition of "bullying." The thread you refer to is a discussion on world politics. Asking someone to explain some religious verses is part of the discussion. As I stated to you, I'm happy to debate the bible with you if you like.

Am I willing to sponsor women on GC for AI? If they met the criteria for ZTA's honorary initiation, and if I knew them personally and thought they would be a valuable member.. sure. I have never written a rec for anyone I have not met and known personally.

If she did meet the criteria for ZTA honorary initiation, but have never met her, nor know her personally, I would be happy to help her get in touch with the right people and give her moral support. Would I write a rec? No... just as I would never write a rec for anyone in journalism that I didn't know well.

I "encourage" people to follow their dreams.. whatever they may be. I have recently helped a young lady that I know get into engineering school (wrote a letter of reference for her because she was an outstanding person who I knew from another organization I belong to)-- yet I am not an engineer.

I hope that answers your question. Now.. some of us have jobs to go to... so I'm afraid I'll have to leave this to you all.

So gang.. have fun, debate this thread, but don't break the TOS!

(edited for typo)

Last edited by blueangel; 09-29-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I "encourage" people to follow their dreams.. whatever they may be. I have recently helped a young lady that I know get into engineering school (wrote a letter of reference for her because she was an outstanding person who I knew from another organization I belong to)-- yet I am not an engineer.
My friend needs a letter of reccomendation for medical school. You're not a doctor. Will you still write her a letter of reccomendation for her? After all, she is following her dream.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy View Post
My friend needs a letter of reccomendation for medical school. You're not a doctor. Will you still write her a letter of reccomendation for her? After all, she is following her dream.
And after she gets into Med school, BA can sponsor her for AI. Afterall, she'll have tons of free time to persue it.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Am I willing to sponsor women on GC for AI? If they met the criteria for ZTA's honorary initiation, and if I knew them personally and thought they would be a valuable member.. sure. I have never written a rec for anyone I have not met and known personally.

If she did meet the criteria for ZTA honorary initiation, but have never met her, nor know her personally, I would be happy to help her get in touch with the right people and give her moral support. Would I write a rec? No... just as I would never write a rec for anyone in journalism that I didn't know well.

Then why are you pumping your fist like Burgess Meredith in Rocky when someone else does it, especially w/ AI, and why are you supporting it? I would never recommend anyone I don't know personally for my sorority in any capacity for anything, and it squicks me out when I see anyone on here doing it in any way shape or form.

Maybe because it isn't YOUR sorority? Maybe because you know dang well AI in ZTA isn't that common so you can be a cheerleader without actually having to follow through or worry about who will end up in your sorority?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You seem to have a very odd definition of "bullying." The thread you refer to is a discussion on world politics. Asking someone to explain some religious verses is part of the discussion. As I stated to you, I'm happy to debate the bible with you if you like.

I hope that answers your question. Now.. some of us have jobs to go to... so I'm afraid I'll have to leave this to you all.

So gang.. have fun, debate this thread, but don't break the TOS!

(edited for typo)
Getting into engineering school really isn't rocket science. I know this, because I did it.

You never told me where the post I referenced went. I guess you did realize that you get deleted too. Or maybe your head is back in the sand.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Quote:
True to the title of this thread, you put an "interesting spin" on the facts. Did you ever entertain the fact that I don't have my posts deleted because I don't break the TOS?
I have, in fact, deleted several of your posts because they did cross the line, in my opinion or because they were reported.

I find this thread to be somewhat inappropriate because it seems that you started a thread just so things could get personal. If I'm wrong, please say so, but so far I've had to delete hotlinked images and read through a bunch of arguments that don't really seem to have a point in this forum. And out of consideration to other mods, I don't see the purpose of moving the thread into someone else's forum where it could get even messier.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
I find this thread to be somewhat inappropriate because it seems that you started a thread just so things could get personal. If I'm wrong, please say so, but so far I've had to delete hotlinked images and read through a bunch of arguments that don't really seem to have a point in this forum. And out of consideration to other mods, I don't see the purpose of moving the thread into someone else's forum where it could get even messier.
That's exactly what we're trying to say, but blueangel has pushed most of us to the point that it's hard to be civil with her, because she's just gone too far.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

The first post in this thread is full of personal attacks.