Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,359
1 members and 1,358 guests
Christos-Cyp

Old 06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like yall are almost keeping up with the house more than we are!!! It still looks pretty much like that last pic. I try to walk through every couple days, but they are working on it pretty much all the time now, and I guess we're not really supposed to be walking around a construction site.

Anyway, to clear some things up. There will be 53 guys in the house, plus an RA (maybe house mom eventually?) The rooms are all single rooms, with a sink in each, that are connected by the shitter and a shower. There are a handful that don't share a bathroom (true single rooms) and two that actually have a room that I guess you would call a living room with the bedroom off of it. Those two are SWEET because the ceiling in the bedroom is actually two floors high. They are the ones with the really tall windows.

I got really lucky and ended up with one of the single bathroom rooms. It's on the second floor just above and to the left of the letters on the front door. My email is not working, or I would get a pic of the floorplan. Anyway, the front door is on the inside wall facing to the left. The "L" comes out tward you about 4 rooms worth. There is a second entrance on the 3rd floor that goes straight out for the walk to class (the University is behind the house and up THE HILL.) The camera view is basically from the student entrance into the stadium! It's a beautiful thing.

Yall are all welcome to come hang out for a game, we'll have the huge patio, and the first floor all opens up to the outside if it's nice outside.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZK761 Send a message via MSN to ZK761 Send a message via Yahoo to ZK761
Honestly I think we'd all love to see a pic of the floor plan....you should get it up whenever you get your email working
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
I assume the pic shows the side area that has the main entrance (the "L" part that faces to the left as you said) all pointing to what should be the large patio??? Is that the tailgate/patio area that pre-games will be held at?

How far is the walk from there to the stadium?

I'll be going to a few Hog games for sure this up-coming season with a buddy in the Ville. We'll definitely stop by (we were both initiated at the University of Tulsa chapter; and used to visit your old chapter and house back around 1991-1993).

p.s. If you like, I can send you an invite so you can get a free gmail account (if all you need is an email account for the floor plans.)

Last edited by banditone; 06-26-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, big patio with a fire pit out in the front where all the workers and those columns are. The front door is the grey thing that guy with the ladder is leaning on. The stumble to the stadium is less than 100 yards, basically across the street.

The house is yellow, and the student entrance is red. I've got the floorplans, but they are pdf, and I can't find anywhere to host them, or a simple way to change the format. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

That location is amazing.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Holy Crap! I just found a larger version of that map so I could read it... That's freakin Barnhill Arena right behind your house?!?!!! Insane.

You have to be the closest house to Barnhill. Are you the closest to Razorback Stadium? Or is LXA closer?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, we are definitly the closest. Barnhill is in front of the house. Unfortunatly they dont' have the basketball games there anymore. But they do have volleyball and gymnastics there, and we go just because no one else does! From our house south down stadium drive there is phi delt, LXA, SAE then FIJI. AGR is on the other side of the stadium, and Sigma chi, Kappa Sig and Pike are on the other side of campus.

I know the map is hard to read, I drew in the house on paint, kinda shitty, but yall get the idea. Banditone, I'm running to class, but I'll email you those floor plans around lunch.

Glad to know that our brothers are just as excited about the house as we are!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Here is the floorplans

First floor

Second floor

Third Floor
Old 06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Great pics. Questions:

1) OK, on the 2nd and 3rd floor plan pictures, if you look toward the back (top left) you see walkways coming off the building. How are you able to walk out the back like that from the 2nd/3rd floors? Wouldn't those be pretty high up?

2) On the first floor draft, it shows the entryway with the mega-patio, firepit. Is that all concrete beams and then wood? Will there be built in seating? What else are they putting on that patio??? It looks monstrous.

3) Do those huge windows near the patio open, or roll up?

4) Is there an elevator?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
Great pics. Questions:

1) OK, on the 2nd and 3rd floor plan pictures, if you look toward the back (top left) you see walkways coming off the building. How are you able to walk out the back like that from the 2nd/3rd floors? Wouldn't those be pretty high up?

The University is built on top of a hill. there is a pretty steep gradient going down twards the stadium. The third floor has a walkway that goes straight out to the university, and underneath that on the second floor is covered patio kinda thing. I really don't know how to describe it, I'll see if I have time to take a couple of pictures from the back side to show you.

2) On the first floor draft, it shows the entryway with the mega-patio, firepit. Is that all concrete beams and then wood? Will there be built in seating? What else are they putting on that patio??? It looks monstrous.

Someone posted an artist's rendering of the front of the house that shows what the patio will look like. Last time we talked to the alumni there was some doubt as to what all would be put out there due to budget, but I hope we get the whole nine yards.

3) Do those huge windows near the patio open, or roll up?

From what I've been told, yes, the dining room windows/doors will be able to open up to the patio. We'll see what actually gets built, as there is just plastic sheeting there now.

4) Is there an elevator?
The rumors are all true, there is an elevator! Actually, according to the ADA (americans with disabilities act) there has to be for new construction. But we are the only greek house on campus with one! It will definitely be shut off during parties tho.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

For a house that size, you'd be crazy not to get a pretty good sized elevator. They're not that expensive really. My folks have one in their house.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-08-2007, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

House is coming along more everyday! The floors in the rooms look like hardwoods, even have the grain textured on top of them. The patio is really looking good, and I'm not sure if we are going to have a fountain in the front or what, but there is some kinda pit thing that looks good.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

This is the back of the house, I knwo it was confusing on how the third floos had a walkway. This pic is from teh walkway.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Nice pic. You better have your hardhat on !
Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...that is going to be a NICE house when y'all get done... definitely alot nicer than Ole Miss's even after their renovation. (or ours, whenever we actually do get a house) So, Miss. State plays football in Little Rock later on this year, mind if I just drop by for a night?