Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 840
0 members and 840 guests
No Members online

Old 07-10-2002, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp

I am fortunate that I have 3 chapters within an 1/2 drive give or take and I try to stop by once in a while!
Tom, you are a lucky man to have so many chapters that close to you! I currently live in an area with no active alumnae chapter (yet!) The closest collegiate chapter is about 45 minutes from me, traffic willing. I'm lucky to be able to serve on their Corporation Board, so at least I feel like I can support them on some level.

Christin
Old 07-11-2002, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
My chapter did a "rededication" drive for our 10 year anniversary. Basically, it was fundraising, and also asking for help from local alumnae for an alumnae advisory board to oversee a bit of a reorganization in the chapter due to a large influx of new members. The members sent out three newsletters, one at the beginning of the semester discussing the changes and such. The second announced the rededication campaign, in which alumnae were asked to donate $19.17 (1917 is the year D Phi E was founded) or more if they wanted, but we didn't want to ask them for a lot. We got more than 70 women to participate and then the third newsletter announced the changes that had taken place and how the money was used. The alumnae were really glad to know where their money went and to be kept in the loop. We had a great turnout that fall for homecoming as well. It really helps!