GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Order
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,636
5 members and 1,631 guests
andthen, Phrozen Sands, UW_dawg

Old 04-25-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Now that, Freethinker, is some concrete evidence to support an arguement.

See, KABillyMac, all it takes is some research.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Here is the thing. You have hundreds of active chapters, and you expect all of them to be on their best behavior at all times. Since you and Icon dont have the good sense that God gave a goose, then I wouldnt expect you to realize this. You take any one GLO in this nation and show me some CONCRETE evidence that atleast on of their chapters hasnt been in trouble before, and I will stand corrected. No sense in wasting your pathetic lives trying to research that, cause your not going to find it.

That article about R.E.L is absolute horseshit. You need to do your R.E.L research before you come here posting that kind of absurdity.

I will be damned if I will explain to you one single damn thing to you about my Order or any of its chapters. Its none of your damn buisness.

Crawl back under the rock.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

M'friend, I think I have done my research. Want me to post more?
Old 04-25-2002, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

What your best bet is to find something more meaningful to do with your life. For example, during my freetime I like to do this thing called "dating". Yes yes, I know its all new to you but please bear with me. You see, what you do is, find yourself a young lady that you are interested in, ask her out, and have yourself a good time. Its really not all that hard. There are other hobbies out there too, believe it or not. Just try any one of these things and I am sure that the KA forum will be but a memory to you.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac
What your best bet is to find something more meaningful to do with your life. For example, during my freetime I like to do this thing called "dating". Yes yes, I know its all new to you but please bear with me. You see, what you do is, find yourself a young lady that you are interested in, ask her out, and have yourself a good time. Its really not all that hard. There are other hobbies out there too, believe it or not. Just try any one of these things and I am sure that the KA forum will be but a memory to you.
Come on KABillyMac, you make it sound like you've done all this dating without the use of date rape drugs or cruising the family reunions. Now I know all where all this "Southern Tradition" is going...
Old 04-25-2002, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I get it...

So since I've completely overloaded your feeble intellect by providing ample factual proof (with references, no less) of stupid things KA does whilst holding up "traditional Southern values," you see the need to imply that I'm either

1) Gay.

or

2) Have never been on a date.

Excellent debating skills. You're a credit to your order, which in light of the evidence really isn't saying all that much.

Besides, you're still here. What's the matter, having a slow week?
Old 04-25-2002, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Freethinker,

Please go to the Greek Life or Chit Chat forum. There are more people you can argue with and I am sure your questions will be answered. And, don't worry these guys will follow you there.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 04-25-2002, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Like Ive already said, I can use my debating skills in a hell of alot more constructive way than sitting here debating with two narrow minded morons that have nothing better to do with their time than sit at the computer and dig up articles regarding KA. I dont think you get the point that I dont have to answer to you or anyone about the affairs of the Order. So sling shit all you want, it wont help a damn bit. If I felt I was obligated to have to answer to either one of you I swear I would just assume knaw my own leg off.

Again, I ask you. Give me one social GLO that hasnt had one of their chapters get into trouble and here before God and everybody I will apologize to you. I realize this is a bold statement but I wont have to worry about doing its all gravy.

I think your beef with KA more than likely stems from one of two things. 1) you rushed and were denied a bid. or 2) you were balled for some reason. Now I'm willing to bet that not only are the two of you one in the same person, but that also one of these reasons apply to you. I have directed my comments to the two of you (plural) because quite frankly, this is my first dealing with a person with split personalities. Its a new ballgame for me. Wait, it just accured to me that the two of you could be some kind of dorm buddies, or maybe your on the same team in dungeons and dragons, or magic, or whatever it is that you play. Whatever the case, the fact remains. Something with KA must have had some sort of personal affect on you or you wouldnt be here.

Oh yeah, by the way. The reason I am still here is because this is our forum.

One more thing, i think you might have a slight problem with your sexuality. You automatically assumed that my comment on your lack of dating was a refrence to you being a homosexual, which, in no way was it. Maybe you should have that checked out.

Last edited by KABillyMac; 04-25-2002 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2002, 03:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, dude. I'm The Icon. One guy. Singular.

Don't play dungeons and dragons. Don't play magic. Don't live in a dorm. Finished with school. I was a Greek though. However, KA was the frat for the really really redneck guys. Social misfits if you will.

I'm just a normal guy poking the monkey at the zoo.

By the way, homosexuality isn't a disease, so freethinker getting it "checked out" will do him no good.
Old 04-26-2002, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

His mental bout with what his sexual preference is. You dont read to well do you?

The fact that KA on your campus had what you viewed as "rednecks" is just another example of the sterotypical ideas that you have spewed all over this forum. Sounds like an outsiders view, did you rush KA? Did you take the time to get to know all the brothers?

Poking the monkey at the zoo. Thats quite a fitting analogy. I keep having this reoccuring vision of a little snot nosed boy, throwing rocks at a caged animal, only to have his mother walk over and snatch him away while he is kicking and screaming and crying and throwing a tempertantrum that makes not only the monkey wanna go crazy on him, but the lions, tigers, and bears too. Oh my.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac
His mental bout with what his sexual preference is. You dont read to well do you?

The fact that KA on your campus had what you viewed as "rednecks" is just another example of the sterotypical ideas that you have spewed all over this forum. Sounds like an outsiders view, did you rush KA? Did you take the time to get to know all the brothers?
See, again witht he assumptions. If Greel life at your school is anything like it is at mine, we have socials, parties, mixers, Greek Week, and any other number of events that involve the different organizations coming together.

And guess what, KA are a bunch a redneck, poor white trash, asses.

Yours may be different, however, Sigma Nu, Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Tau Kappa Alpha, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Phi Mu, Zeta Tau Delta, Kappa Delta, and Delta Tau Delta ALL steer clear of the Kappa Alphas here.

And I think you know why.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

This whole thread has gotten entirely out of hand.

KABillyMac's point is that EVERY Greek organization has SOME bad chapters that cause problems and embarrassment to the entire Greek system. Nobody is perfect, and I don't see why some people in this forum have suddenly started bashing Kappa Alpha Order. You would think by reading some of these posts that they are the ONLY fraternal organization in the world that's had problems.

Kappa Alpha men went through Rush and picked the organization whose members made them feel the most comfortable -- the same as any other rushee does. They are no different than any other fraternity member in that regard, and it is an insult to them that people stereotype them as racist and ignorant on a daily basis. The VAST majority of KA's are decent, upstanding men and everyone would do well to remember that.

You simply can't pigeonhole an entire organization as being racist just because of the ignorant actions of a few members, which is why the articles that freethinker posted carry no weight with me at all. From personal experience, I know that the media loves to blow things out of proportion and I take no stock in most articles they publish about Greeks, anyway. But, even if those articles were 100% accurate, I still wouldn't judge the entire KA Order based on the idiocy of a few members.

The main thing that makes KA a target these days for so many unenlightened people is the fact that Robert E. Lee, a famous Confederate general, is a person who the fraternity continues to salute as being a great help to the founding of the organization. If some people had their way, KA would be forced to bury their history in the sand in order to be 110% "politically correct" and not offend anyone.

The truth is, it would be very wrong of KA to ignore the influence of Lee on the Order. Not only would it be unfair to Lee's memory to not inform future generations of KA's about the impact he had on the Order, but it would be a gross misrepresentation of the fraternity's history to leave him out.

The fraternity was founded during a controversial period in our nation's history and, by chance, it was assisted in its start-up by someone who was on the losing end of a civil war. The gentlemen of KA respect the history of their GLO, and they are proud of it -- as they should be! After all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing pride in your organization.

You can't wipe out history, people, and it's dead wrong to criticize and negatively stereotype an extremely large group of men simply because their organization was created during a time of civil unrest, and because some of its members in more recent history have acted in a manner unbefitting their Order. I guarantee you that the Southern gentlemen of KA are just as upset as you are (probably more so) about those idiots who brought embarrassment to their organization.

One final thing before I close: Icon, I don't know what group of which you are a member. However, I'd be very willing to bet that not all of your organization's chapter members have halos above their heads. People living in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. So please stop the KA bashing. As Greeks, we should be working together to make things better in our communities -- not tearing each other down by perpetuating stereotypes. If the KA chapter at your alma mater isn't the best in the area, that's fine. But please don't paint the entire KA Order with the same brush you use for the local chapter at your school.

Last edited by dzrose93; 04-26-2002 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Plus the icon and freethinker, who are one in the same probably, didn't get in to whichever org. they wanted.
Old 04-26-2002, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93
This whole thread has gotten entirely out of hand.

One final thing before I close: Icon, I don't know what group of which you are a member. However, I'd be very willing to bet that not all of your organization's chapter members have halos above their heads. People living in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. So please stop the KA bashing. As Greeks, we should be working together to make things better in our communities -- not tearing each other down by perpetuating stereotypes. If the KA chapter at your alma mater isn't the best in the area, that's fine. But please don't paint the entire KA Order with the same brush you use for the local chapter at your school.
Look, this is getting a bit out of hand, so here's the deal.

1) The only point that I wanted to make was that anyone, KA or otherwise that dresses in the garments of the Southern army is either clinging to some misguided ideal or ignorant of the social implications.

2) You're right. Not all greeks are bad people. Not all KA's are bad people. However, like any organization, Greek or otherwise, you'll always be jusged by the most visible and vocal members. Unfortunalty, they tend to be the ones that present the most negative image.

By the way, and for the last time, I am one man.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Guys Guys Guys,
Listen, you guys are never going to change each others mind. The fact is you too posted these comments on our form. You are attacking things that we love so of course Billy is going to be upset. I am too. Not all KA's are racist idiots. I have a friend that witnised the UNT event. SHe said it was one guy making all the others look bad. The were not all yelling racist remarks like you make it sound. The president of the chapter told the guy not to take the battle flag. So one guy made all the rest look bad. Same things with those other chapters. We are not bad people. We are in a fraternity which we love and believe in. If we didn't we wouldn't be in it. You are not going to change what we as KA believe any more than we are gonna change you. As for the "DO YOUR REASERCH" you can find anything on the web to support what you think.. The difference between us and you is that we have not taken the time out of our schedules to find it. That does not mean it is not out there. OH ya not all frat guys are druken alcholics. Some of us actually know about are Fraternity and get pissed when ill in formed people attack it. If you have not seen our initation than none of you know about KA truely there for you are ill-informed.
" For God and the Ladies"
Kappa Alpha Order

P.S. Thanks to the DZ Rose for the kind words of encouragement. Greeks should truely deffend each other and not bash each others traditions.