Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,523
1 members and 1,522 guests
John

Old 03-21-2009, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

YYAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Now I just need to figure out what hours I will be "working" at convention, so that I'll know which packages are appropriate for me to register for. No sense in paying for the day time educational sessions if I'm going to have my booth set up instead....

I also need to find out what package is required for those members who are going specifically for the Workout. it looks like the workout is ONLY on Friday, so it might be appropriate to have Workout members get the weekend special plus pay the workout fee. From a chapter standpoint, if she wants the whole package, she can pay the difference....

Darnit.....the get up and go isnt a 5K walk/run this year. I'm not doing those exercise sessions...LOL. I guess I'll turn in my "Sleep In" donation to the Foundation instead.

Looks like they are going to start myspace and facebook groups soon to help sisters find roommates....that's cool!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I registered today! Anybody else register yet? Dont forget, if you're getting the full package, tomorrow is the deadline to receive the $25 discount! Registrations after May 1st are charged a $25 late fee.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Yep I registered last weekend ... Still trying to figure out how to get the convention rate at the hotel with online registration.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I'm sad. I was so looking forward to going but I will not be able to.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xi_pinkrose Send a message via Yahoo to xi_pinkrose
I am interested in going to convention, since I have never been. I am a little confused on what activities I am going to be interested in attending. Can anyone help me out? I was thinking of just doing the full convention so I can attend everything. But I am not sure if I need to as an alumni.

I am interested to hear what you all think. Thanks.

Heart Sunshine
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
It depends on what you're interested in. Full convention package is, as you said, access to everything. Daily packages get you just that day and just meals get you just that meals.

Look at the schedule posted on the alphaxidelta.org web site and see what you're interested in attending.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Bad News for chapters trying to save money....

Double bed rooms are already booked, so if you wanna fit 4 people in a room, you're going to end up with a king size bed and have to request rollaways...
Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I had no problem getting a double room. I called the hotel and said i was coming in for the axid convention and made my reservation.

The hotel can not accept online reservations cause the whole hotel is booked for Alpha Xi Delta.

Heart Sunshine
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

darn it. I called them the day i posted that message and they said none were available. I'm gonna call them back right now and see if that status has changed. That ticks me off. Hope I can get one, because I need to be able to fit 4 girls in a room to split the costs with another chapter....

*edit*
okay, I just called....apparently my reservation is requested as a double, but not guaranteed.

Last edited by amanda6035; 04-22-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone heard about any of the planned excursions that might be in the works? How much notice are they going to give us to either sign up or at least know what they are?

Heart Sunshine
Old 04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Sure would like to know what registration is paying for. I know you have to pay for meals but they've been cutting them down and we have to pay for more on our own. Yes, we have to pay for the use of the hotel but how much is that? And us keeping the hotel fuller should help that. The presenters are fraternity volunteers. So......are we basically paying for Natl Council and the volunteers to have their trips paid for or discounted??? This is an expensive trip for people that pay their own way.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree it is an expensive trip. But also look at it this way... if it was a cheap trip than you would have every sorority girl attend. I think the cost of the trip limits the attendance so it doesn't end up being one huge party.

The last time I looked into going, convention was in AZ. They were charging $25 for a boxed lunch, so I am glad lunches are on our own.

This is the first convention I am attending. I hope it is everything I am expecting and more.

Heart Sunshine
Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

You must have never rented a hotel room for anything - especially for extended periods of time, over the course of 4 days. I have had friends get married in hotel ballrooms, and they arent cheap....and the fact that those rooms will be reserved for us all day every day for the time we're there in order to prevent conflict with other organizations also has alot to do with it. Time of year - it's one week before a major holiday.

It's just like paying your regular sorority dues while you're a collegiate. You dont always understand why some of your money is going towards fees, but it happens, and it's necessary.

I dont know what is paid for who, and IF some of our money is to help pay for our national council and volunteers, so what? Go and have fun, or don't go. That's the great thing about convention. You have a choice. And I completely agree that the cost HAS to be high in order to limit attendance so that it can be effective, and not mass hysteria.

And I'm SO GLAD they cut out some of the meals so that I can get food on my own. Last time, I had to go to spend extra money afterwards anyway because some of the food was just not what I had in mind. At least now, that part is already discounted and you can plan to go out and eat on your own.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to go. But I'm having financial difficulities. And frankly, I think it should be priced so more people can go, what's this about trying to be exclusive??? Aren't we supposed to be promoting diversity? If you try to price it to keep the masses out, isn't that holding up sterotypes that we've been fighting? Who is it you don't want to come? I just want to know what things are being paid for. There are lots of collegiates that want to come but can't pay these prices.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone - Cora's posted a group to help find roommates to convention on facebook!