Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,302
1 members and 1,301 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes Kathy, please do keep us single girls updated so that we can live vicariously through you.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh girls, thanks for indulging me!

I have picked the bridesmaid dresses. They are by the same designer as my wedding dress and we are getting them online for $70 each! Woo hoo!!!!!!

They have pretty silver beads on the top part and are super comfy. The maid of honoe will carry red and pale yellow roses with some white carnations mixed in (she's a Chi O) and the bridesmaids will have just pale yellow roses. I'm going to carry a white bouquet of roses, peonies and carnations. Not meeting with the florist until Ocotber, but I want to just show what I want and have it done. If I'm given a bunch of choices I will be too indecisive!

I've blocked some hotel rooms, and am now researching shuttle buses to get my drunken out of town guests (read - my family) from place to place!

My biggest wedding news is that I started following Weight Watchers points system in July. I've done it before and had great success. So far I am down 9 pounds. I would like to be down a total of 20 by the holidays, so even if I gain 5-7 pounds then, I have 5 more months to take it back off! And I've started working out my arms so I can have "Madonna shoulders" by the big say! OK, so I wouldn't want them that muscley, but a little definition would be nice.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

totally cute! I like that the dresses are tea-length so you can wear it again, and then $70! You must win some kind of "best bride" award for picking such a practical (but beautiful) gown.

As for the losing weight... I used fitday.com to track what I ate and it made a HUGE difference. I didn't really understand how much I was eating until I had the website to calcualte how many calories my turkey sandwich was. Once my application insanity is over, then I am going to get back to it.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

oooh, i love the dresses!! can i totally be in your wedding, cuz you definately win the best bride award. not only is that dress gorgeous, it can be worn again and again...and it was only $70! you totally rock!

good luck with your wedding!
Old 08-22-2004, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Those dresses are so classy!!! And I love the way you are incorporating carnations and red and yellow into your plans! It sounds beautiful already!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the kind words, ladies!

I try to be an accomodating bride. I know that you hardley ever can wear your bridesmaid dress again, so I figured if you couldn't, at least we could spend less (though I think they could wear it for New Year's or something like that, hopefully). One of my BMs just files bankruptcy and is going to Africa to volunteer with AIDS orphans for 6 months before the wedding, another is in the UK living near her boyfriend but waitressing for little $$, and the third lost her job right after she got back from maternity leave. Plus they all have to travel to NY for the wedding, so I tried to make it as easy for them as possible!

Michelle - I tried fitday, but so much of what I ate I had to input the nutritional info for, I was going nuts. But I do write it all down for WW, too. The first few days made me realize I had been eating WAY more than I should be!!!! I did buy new jeans this weekend, and while my normal size was a little big, I felt the next size down was a bit tight - but I bought them anyway because I plan to loose more weight! Inspriation ya know!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, if you eat a lot of stuff that isn't in there, it's tough. I got good at going on Calorie King and looking up the food I had eaten, then adding a "custom food". For some reason, this doesn't bother me at all. I understand the inspiration. I can only get myself going when my jeans start to get tight again.

-M
Old 09-02-2004, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

The dresses are beautiful and you absolutely cannot beat that price. I also love that you are incorporating red and yellow and carnations into your flowers.

And congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Update time!

Not that anyone asked, but I'll fill you in anyway!

My mom came out to NY this weekend and we did all sorts of fun wedding stuff! I bought a tiara and ordered a veil, I booked my florist, and I registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Registering was fun but tiring! It took like 3 hours! I never thought it would take that long. And I'm a pretty decisive person. Definitely good to have mom with me on that one!

The flowers were quick, easy, and a lot less expensive than we anticipated. I really wanted peonies, but unfortunately, they are just barely coming into season in early May. The florist advised me that I would be paying top dollar for a smaller head. I decided it wasn't worth it. So I'll have a bunch of pretty roses instead. And I'll have white hydrangea centerpieces - so I'll still get the fluffy look I was going for for a lot less $$$$.

My tiara is a very simple band of little sparkley flowers and the veil is elbow length, two-tiered (though I won't wear it over my face) with a band of tiny beads and pearls around the bottom.

I also ordered my dress a few weeks ago (from a dress shop's online site) so it could come in any time! That is exciting, except I have no where to store it! Oh well!

That's it for now, ladies! Thanks for listening!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

MY DRESS!

My dress came in yesterday! Here are some pics I took myself with the timer on the digital. I don't have much makeup an and I'm doing something weird with the angle of my head, but you get the idea! I ordered online so I was a little nervouseabout fit, but it's great! It needs a slight hem and to be taken in a bit, but other than that it's perfect! Yayyy! And it is seriously SO comfortable!

Last edited by xo_kathy; 01-14-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Aww Kathy, you're so beautiful. I'm choked up.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

You look gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us
Old 11-18-2004, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I love it!! You look great :-)
Old 11-18-2004, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful dress. I love the veil too.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my gawd Kathy! You look stunning - simply stunning! I love your veil too! I mean the fact that we can see the silvery detail in a digital picter -whew- I wish I could see it in person!

You'll make the perfect bride!
Congratulations sweetie!