0 members and 1,266 guests
No Members online

Old 06-14-2003, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Yeah!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmadiva
<small hijack>

In addition to being that old and repRHOsenting Sigma, I'd also like to be able to pay my dues at that age. Unfortunatly I didn't pay them for a couple of years after I graduated from college, but I've been on a role since. I want Life Member Status. The Life Members in my chapter are some real cut-ups!! These older and wiser members sit on the front rows for Regionals and Boule's and heckel (?sp) the Sorhors on the dais. They are soo funny.
i heard that, my soRHOr! i got 7 more years till i hit the life member status and finally can rep with old skool. and i agree-- those sorors who have been in the bond for 40 and 50 years are something to see-- 80+ years old, still ride or die for SGRho, wearing triple 'nalia. it really is inspirational. (maybe i'll skip the triple 'nalia, though.)
"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."-Gandhi
Old 06-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Yeah!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bluethunder
....80+ years old, still ride or die for SGRho, wearing triple 'nalia. it really is inspirational. (maybe i'll skip the triple 'nalia, though.)

You were at Boule, weren't you?
Old 06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Too Funny!

Serioussigma22
Old 06-17-2003, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Re: Re: Re: Yeah!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
You were at Boule, weren't you?
you know i was!!!!
"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."-Gandhi
Old 06-17-2003, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Ha! Ha! I was about to say the same thing Ninja about the triple nalia I saw last summer in Miami! Where do they find all those poodle pins?!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I missed the triple 'nalia

I was unable to go to Boule' last year due to health reasons so I missed out on seeing the triple 'nalia.

I have been seeing alot more poodle pins for sale lately. I think poodles are back in fashion. I just got a SGR kente' cloth stole and SW Regional is coming up, soooo, you know I am going to hit those vendors for pins!!!! Yeah, I want pins all on the front and way down my back!!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

One more thing

I've seen cute poodles for sale on ebay. I did bid on one but lost. It was a pewter poodle necklace charm. I just should have bought it.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Triple nalia...

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueReign
Ha! Ha! I was about to say the same thing Ninja about the triple nalia I saw last summer in Miami! Where do they find all those poodle pins?!!!
I was wondering that, myself (and anyone who knows me knows that is something, because I got nalia on lock...)

Poodles were IN DA HIZZOUSE!!! There was even more to be seen in '94 in Winston-Salem *remembering that sea of royal and gold* Then again, maybe it was because I was a neo and the only colors I could see were royal and gold...
Old 07-17-2003, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
ONE MONTH LATER...

I am the first to become Greek on my dad's side. My sister-in-law is an AKA, and she was very discouraging when I informed her of my decision. I couldn't even discuss Greek stuff with her for quite some time. When I finally became a member, I had to show off my SGRho dog tag at her car one day, and she was nice. Now, we're both supportive of one another, and it's all love. The rest of the family is happy if we're happy.

I also have a first cousin who is a Delta, and she welcomed me into the Greek family. Now the only thing is that we're both targeting young cousins for our sororities, but neither of us has made an all out declaration. Overall, it's really all Greek Love with us.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SGRHOLady Send a message via Yahoo to SGRHOLady
Cool

I am the first person EVER in my family to pledge a greek sorority!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I just realized I never posted........

Quote:
Originally posted by tnxbutterfly
When I told my mom after I crossed, her first question was "So does that mean you have sorors now?" I thought that was cute since my mom isn't greek.
My mom is so cute--she calls them "the sorority girls"!! As for close family, I'm the only greek.........actually I'm in the first generation to go to college. So far it's just me and 2 other first cousins. As for friends/acquaintances (sp.?), a good friend from high school pledged AKA Fall '01. I saw her for the first time the next spring '02 , and I was like, "OMG, you're an AKA--congratulations" and all that. Then she got this serious look on her face and was like "Are you interested.... I can see what I can do?" (I don't know why everyone thought I would be an AKA!!) I was like no, sorry--I just pledged Sigma Gamma Rho.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorhor ARhogandeuce22,

That's also too funny!

Serioussigma22
Old 10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

family

I was pinned by a cousin, but I've also got Deltas on both sides of the familly. Most of the men went to the military instead of college.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the very first in my famiy to pledge anything! So it's very different. However. my family is very acceptive of my decision to be the very best (Sigma Gamma RHo- of course). I have a little cousin who will graduate H.S. next year and is thinking of possibly pledging a sorority. I just told her to go with her heart because it is for life!!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

im the first in my immediate family to be greek. my sister is starting college next year and maybe my brother is going to college the year after

i think being greek is something my sister is considering. the first thing she says is, after looking at her #1 school pick's BGLOs is "XYZ looks fun!"

dont see her being blinded by that light. then again, time will mature her decision into something better than "XYZ looks fun"

my aunt is a Delta in SC. we havent spoken since my sophomore year, so she doesnt know of my new life of Sigma. i dont know how shes going to react, i think she really expected me to be Delta.

no one else in my family is in or completed college, so i stand alone.