GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,575
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,115
2 members and 1,113 guests
amIblue?, TLLK

Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay -- what website????
Old 08-20-2003, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
Okay -- what website????
Delta Sigma Tau

that website!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Oh my lord...

I was browsing through the old pictures on the website of DST, and I found pictures of their installations from the 80s and early 90s.... Let me just say, their clothes are *precious*!!!

It's a really great site, FuziCrayon
Old 08-21-2003, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
FUZI!!!

That website is AWESOME!!!

I LOVEEEEE the Phi Mu work week pics... that banner was AMAZING!!!

I sent you a PM....im thinking of something similar for a bid day banner

LHT
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't get the site to do anything but stay on the first page
Old 08-21-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
I couldn't get the site to do anything but stay on the first page
If you go to the left side of the page and click on the words "the boys", "cheers" etc, you can navigate through the site!
Old 08-21-2003, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

oh okay -- THanks!!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

I drove up to the campus for the first time this semester and right as you climb the hill, there was a Delta Sigma Phi banner! Up at the top on a dorm were the banners of the national Greek organizations--so neat, for the first time!

FuziCrayon told me tonight that their colonizing rush will be in September! They'll be initiated in the spring.

LOL--I also saw the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia banner and realized what kinds of mixups there'll be between Phi Mu and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia!
Old 08-27-2003, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
carnation, the whole Phi Mu Alpha and Phi Mu thing isn't too bad. it's kinda funny though, because a lot of my sisters have dated Phi Mu Alphas and two of them are marrying Phi Mu Alphas next summer! No one ever confuses the two on our campus, but then again they only became really visible on campus last winter although they have been around a while.

anyway, I'm so excited about the colonization! Fuzi, I'll send that packae to you as soon as i find a box big enough! the one i have isn't quite as big as it needs to be.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Re: Back in GA

Quote:
Originally posted by FuziCrayon
Wow! It's so great to be a topic of conversation again. It's true, I went to London and Scotland and my trip was awesome. I saw sooo many cool things over there and I already miss Europe. Then... last week I went to Panama City Beach in FL with my family for a much needed vacation. It's been a GREAT summer, but I am ready for new classes to start, my friends to come back to school, and my sisters to get rollin with Phi Mu. We are all so excited. I think we may have embarrassed ourselves during our work weekend a few weeks ago. We were all so excited to start learning about Phi Mu. We may have been overwhelming to the reps the two days they were here, but we had a great weekend! Pictures are up on our webpage if you want to see some of the posters we made. Just PM me for the address It's a pretty good webpage if I might say so myself *wink wink*

So I'm back and ready for questions Ask away!
That is so exciting! What nationals people were there? Molly was supposed to be up here but something came up out of town so I was wondering if she was one of them. She's from our lovely Rho Beta chapter! Also, if Robin was one of them... she is just so awesome! Our nationals people are seriously the best!

KLTC
Old 09-02-2003, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FuziCrayon
Cool Re: Re: Back in GA

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
That is so exciting! What nationals people were there? Molly was supposed to be up here but something came up out of town so I was wondering if she was one of them. She's from our lovely Rho Beta chapter! Also, if Robin was one of them... she is just so awesome! Our nationals people are seriously the best!
I was looking back at my minutes from work weekend and I think it was Amanda Southwell and Jen Hunt who came and helped out. They were so friendly and informative I can't wait to meet more Phi Mus. Ya'll Rock! Next up on our calendar at my school is Meet the Greeks. It's this Wednesday night and it's the 1st time we meet the freshmen and they get to ask all kinds of questions about greek life. Mostly its an information event, but I can't wait cause I get to meet the new potentials!! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Phi Mu, the lifetime of wonderful.

Last edited by FuziCrayon; 09-02-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation
LOL--I also saw the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia banner and realized what kinds of mixups there'll be between Phi Mu and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia!
Back in the day, our chapter mailbox at the student center was right next to the Phi Mu chapter mailbox. The mail people never could keep it straight, LOL.

Other than that, the only confusion we ever encountered came from non-Greeks who were unfamiliar with the system and kept nicknaming us "Phi Mu." We'd correct them -- politely usually.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Bulletin!

FuziCrayon's computer is down but she wanted me to tell y'all that the Phi Mu colony has been interviewing lots and lots of women and has so far extended bids to 17! More interviews will be conducted next week!

They don't really have a quota since the other sorority is local so the sky's the limit for numbers. However, I know that they'll be pretty selective--they always have. The local will have rush in a couple of weeks--if any women are left to rush!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FuziCrayon
Thumbs up More Updates!

Hey ya'll. I'm on my roomies computer. I got an email from carnation today so I filled her in After tonight, we've taken 22 new phis to add to our 18 sisters that are going Phi Mu! All of the girls we extended bids to have accepted and we're still going. We do have an all campus total that we must meet... it's 50. It's so high because the local sorority still has so many sisters. But it's funny because they count sisters in their total who never show up to anything or may have already gone inactive. We've got about 7 interviews to do tomorrow and we'll continue with bids next week because some people couldn't schedule an interview this week. We're still being selected and have not given bids to everyone we've seen. But the girls we have extended bids to we LOVE and they really have potential to become Phi Mu Ladies I'll try to keep you updated and sometime in the next week or so I'll get a new laptop so I'll be able to post more often. Our Bid Day and Formal Pledging is scheduled for Sat. October 4th, so if their are any Phi Mus in Rome that would like to attend, just PM me and I'll let you know more information. I'm glad to see that everyone is still excited about our Nu colony. We've had so much fun planning and getting the year started! We have also had a lot of help from our Phi Mu representitives, Ashley, Kelly, and Megan. They've stayed here at our school and really become our friends. They're awesome and have been so much help. We definately couldn't start this new journey without them.

More to come soon!!

Phi Mu, the lifetime of wonderful.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Talking

WOW!!!! 22 already! Three cheers for Phi Mu and FuziCrayon, the NEW SPANISH MINOR!!!!!!