Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,489
0 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 12-04-2003, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by PhiMuLady150
I GET INDUCTED THIS AFTERNOON INTO ODK!
Congrats!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

At your schools, how do they pick who to tap (or whatever) into ODK? At mine I *think* you have to fill out an application, and then I don't know what they do from there. Do they do that at your schools, or do they use some other way to pick? I might apply next year; I have a few sorority sisters in it now.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

At UNCC, you fill out an application, then the current members of ODK have meeting and discuss each potential member and ask around about each potential letter then send you an acceptance or rejection letter. This happens in early October with Induction for New Members being in December
Old 12-05-2003, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I was supposed to be inducted into ODK tonight....but the weather here sucks and I couldn't make it since I had to drive forever to get there. I'm so mad at myself for not being there....
Old 12-05-2003, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Wait a minute...I think I got a letter inviting me to join this last year when I was a senior. But I threw the letter away 'cause I thought it was some sort of honor society for another college that they sent me by mistake...ooooooops...
Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
It's a pretty big honor at Pitt... out of 14K or so of undergrads, i think it averages about 30 a semester get in. I was initiated fall semester junior year, the first time I was eligible to apply.

They don't do anything much at my school. The only people who ever do anything are the officers, and the main thing they do is cosponsor the Homecoming King and Queen election.

It's fabulous on your resume, though!
I was just tapped tonight. So this means kddani will be from the same circle. Or part of the same circle or whatever. Kinda cool. Dani does ODK seriously do nothing but homecoming? Sounds kinda boring, maybe I'll have to shake some stuff up.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigEp42
I was just tapped tonight. So this means kddani will be from the same circle. Or part of the same circle or whatever. Kinda cool. Dani does ODK seriously do nothing but homecoming? Sounds kinda boring, maybe I'll have to shake some stuff up.
Congrats!

They seriously do jack. After initiation, I never even went to a single meeting. The only meeting I even remember there being was to elect officers, I couldn't go for whatever reason.

Oh, and you'll get newletters, credit card and donation solicitations from them for the rest of your life
Old 01-09-2004, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, guys!

Just to clarify, ODK is a national leadership honor society. It has nothing to do with being a member of a social GLO. Congrats to all the new ODKs out there!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I got tapped for ODK last week.... I get "initiated" into the Alpha Circle in January.