Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,098
3 members and 1,095 guests
Mooch279, TLLK

Old 03-27-2003, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And to answer the question - I would DEFINITELY marry a soldier in THE US ARMY! (Why not a Navy man, you ask? Oh, cause my dad would disown me! No, really though, he would!)
Heh...as an Air Force brat, I have to say I'm partial to the Air Force men!! I also have a cousin in the Navy and two uncles, one who was in the Marines, and another in the Army, so I guess I wouldn't be disowned if I happed upon a husband in another branch I had an interesting childhood, my dad was on active duty until I was 10, retired after that, so I moved 6 times before I was 10 and then stayed in the same place all through middle school and high school. So I sort of know what it was like to grow up as a military kid and as a civilian. I have to say from my experience, they're different, but one isn't necessarily better than the other...it sort of depends on the temperment of the individual kid I think.

Sarah
Old 03-27-2003, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
Thumbs up

military man=fine lookin' ass...those buns could sho'nuf be in MY kitchen for the rest of my life!!! woohoo!

seriously, doesn't matter the job in the world...it's all about getting the job done right in the home. haha!

monica
I SUPPORT THE GOOD OL' U S OF A!!!!

My Facebook
Old 03-27-2003, 07:56 AM
Unregistered-

Three years ago, I met a wonderful guy in the Coast Guard and I thought that we were going to get married. That relationship's over, but I learned a lot about military life by hanging out with some of the wives.

In the course of our relationship I endured 6 deployments, which was hard because I often didn't get as much info as some of the wives did [I was often treated as a 2nd class citizen just because I was only his GF]. I went through highs and lows emotionally and physically because of that relationship. KillarneyRose knows, she's been through every shopping spree I went through just to get temporary happiness...although I did get a few nice manicures/pedicures/Kate Spade purses.

With this war going on, I don't think I could marry a man in the military, not right now anyway. I wouldn't rule it out, though. I guess it'd depend on what kind of man he is.

I get pissed off whenever I hear about a woman being into military men for the sole purpose of getting married. They think they've got it made...you know, free benefits, free housing, etc. Please. I see a LOT of them at the E-Club and other places frequented by military guys.

But damn, I really do have something for men in uniform.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine

But damn, I really do have something for men in uniform.
Amen, Amen......I think I attract dudes in uniform or something...lol
Old 03-27-2003, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Not only would I... I did and have been married for seven years Sunday!!

My father is a retired Army officer... 28 years!!!!! And my husband was in the Navy for six years!!!

OTW, I understand what you are saying about the GF v. the wife! There is definately different information given, I was in both roles and went through four deployments in less then three years... two of them six months, three month and six weeks... and numerous one week training excersices (just out of reach of land). And this was before everyone had email! We would get typed messages from the ship and if we wanted to send one we had to go to the base and send one from a special computer!

Military spouses are very special individuals and deserve our aplause!

Last edited by Angels&Arrows; 03-27-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
well, i dated air force guys when i went to school in valdosta
but it wasn't that bad because it's the air force we're talking about here

anyway, last night, we went out bar hopping
and there was some army guys hanging out in their uniforms(easy target practice for arabs who want revenge)
anyway, these guys look oh-so-scrumptious
well, we bought drinks for all of the guys
and then they give that speech used during world war II
'i may die tomorrow. . .don't you want to know that you're the last girl that breathed my kisses'
i never thought i'd fall for that line. . .so cheesy
i gave my number to a private
he called me this morning. . .so sweet
Old 03-27-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll marry anyone who asks me.
I think military men are sexy, but at the same time I really like to be around the person I'm with a lot so it would be hard to be with a military man since they are so busy and gone a lot. There's also the sad fact that they could die in the line of duty.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up In a heartbeat...

I would marry a military man. I have the utmost respect for our soldiers, and would be proud to marry someone whose sole job is protecting our country and its citizens. I can't say that I would be happy about a deployment because I would miss him terribly, but I would definitely understand the necessity.

On another note, I think that military wives deserve some recognition, too. All the ones that I've met are very strong women, and I think they're amazing.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hell yeah, military guys are hot!! Too bad I'm already married.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here with KTSnake.

NEVER.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
I probably would marry an officer. My late father was in the Navy for 21 years.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:54 PM
cutiepatootie

Military men

I use to work on an Air Force base and let me tell you the men that would come in and out of my office daily......WOW! the men who would wear those cammies dang they are hot!

I dated an Air Force Officer for many years, though we never got married , I would marry one in a heart beat if he was the one man meant for me!

And yes military wives deserve some serious recgonition because what they endure as well is hard enough. They may not be out on the front lines but they are sure home being mom and dad day in a dday out 24/7!

Laura
Old 03-27-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KDatUTC

They sure do look DAYUM Good in their camos....
LOL Ivory! I thought I was the only one with a thing for camouflage. Strange, isn't it?

I did marry a man in the active duty military who got out and became a reservist, got called back for active duty and is now in the reserves again (and I'm hoping he doesn't get called up again!)

I'm proud of him in both his military and civilian capacity and I absolutely love our military friends and the accompanying support network.

No regrets here
Old 03-27-2003, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I would have to say NO, although it's not because a military man might get sent into combat. I am, to put it mildly, a bleeding-heart liberal and my views on almost everything tend to be VERY left of center. I really doubt that I would ever meet someone in the military whose beliefs are at all close to mine, and I tend to prefer to have deep and meaningful relationships with people who have views at least somewhat similar to mine. I also am opposed to war in most instances, and would have a hard time being with someone who was fighting in a war that I thought was unjust. I also wouldn't want to have to move to wherever and live at/near a military base; environment is very important to me, and as such I like to decide where I will be, or at least contribute to that decision.

As kind of a hippie at heart, I don't think I would relate all that well to those in the military, although I am sure there are exceptions. I'm more prone to hang out with artsy, liberal, left wing people.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShaedyKD
I would have no problem having kids if my husband were in the military. Are you a military BRAT?
no i'm not an army brat although my father served in the marines during vietnam.

i don't like to move, actually i dread moving. i guess if that's all i knew i wouldn't mind it but all i know is staying in one place and i like it. so i wouldn't want to change my way of life, but i would if i married someone in the armed forces