GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,171
0 members and 1,171 guests
No Members online

Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeguy View Post
7. Which fraternity do you think is the best known?
Delta Tau Chi at Faber University.
University? When did Faber College become Faber University? I swear, every college thinks it has to become a university these days.

As for best known fraternities and Sigma Chi, I may be showing my age, but surely this has to count for something.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Which fraternity has the most elegant Badge (basic model)? I've always enjoyed Sig Nu or Sig Chi
2. Which fraternity has the best flower? KA
3. Which fraternity has the best philanthropy? All of them
4. Which fraternity has the best color combination ( or can be just one, if that's the only one for them )? No Idea
5. Which fraternity has the best coat-of-arms/crest? SAE or KA
6. Which fraternity has the most mysterious symbols?
7. Which fraternity do you think is the best known? Sig Chi or Pike
8. Which other fraternity did you consider, other than your own, ( that was on campus when you rushed)? Sig Chi Pike
9. Which fraternity has the best yearly activity? Sig Chi or Kappa Sig
10. Which fraternity has the best new member pin? Sig Nu
11. Name one well known fraternity man in the public eye ( can be from any field, i.e. entertainment, sports, music etc. ). Also state which fraternity he is a brother of.
12. Name a fraternity that was NOT on your campus when you rushed that you would consider joining today, based on what you know about them from internet research. Always wanted to be in KA if I had a do over
Old 08-27-2013, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Which fraternity has the most elegant Badge (basic model)? Always liked the Sig Ep heart-shaped badge. (& uncle was a Sig Ep)
2. Which fraternity has the best flower? the lavender orchid of Sigma Pi
3. Which fraternity has the best philanthropy? Very difficult to pick a favorite when they are all worthy causes, but I do like Delta Chi's support of the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
4. Which fraternity has the best color combination ( or can be just one, if that's the only one for them )? Omega Psi Phi -- love royal purple & old gold together
5. Which fraternity has the best coat-of-arms/crest? The Kappa Alpha Order crest with the flanking lions and roses is very handsome.
6. Which fraternity has the most mysterious symbols? The magic lamp of Phi Kappa Psi (& dad was a Phi Psi) or the unicorn of Theta Xi.
7. Which fraternity do you think is the best known? Beta Theta Pi and Sigma Chi
8. Which other fraternity did you consider, other than your own, ( that was on campus when you rushed)? I have the small Sigma Chi white cross pin, as I am a Lil Sigma, so I'd want the big pin.
9. Which fraternity has the best yearly activity? Sigma Chi Derby Days
10. Which fraternity has the best new member pin? Sigma Nu -- a gold snake with a jeweled eye
11. Name one well known fraternity man in the public eye ( can be from any field, i.e. entertainment, sports, music etc. ). Also state which fraternity he is a brother of. Can't name just one. Fraternity men like Mark Zuckerberg / AEPi, Bugs Bunny / ATO (yes, Bugs is initiated!), Will Farrell / DTD, Kurt Vonnegut / DU, William Faulkner / SAE, Jimmy Buffet / Kappa Sig, James Dean / Sigma Nu, Dr. Seuss / Sig Ep, Michael Jordan / Omega Psi Phi, and John Wayne, Tom Selleck & Brad Pitt / all Sigma Chi's are pretty cool!
12. Name a fraternity that was NOT on your campus when you rushed that you would consider joining today, based on what you know about them from internet research. Beta Theta Pi (more because my uncle & 2 cousins are Betas)

Last edited by ChioLu; 08-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=MysticCat;2233387]University? When did Faber College become Faber University? I swear, every college thinks it has to become a university these days. [QUOTE]

I think that qualifies for an 'aw s**t' on my part. Hell of a note when a lawyer's attention to detail goes haywire. Thanks for the proof reading.