GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,372
3 members and 1,369 guests
KDKells

Old 02-28-2005, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Louisiana Epsilon has officially regained our charter and initiated 36 men into SAE. These were the first men initiated into LA Ep in 8 years. We have a history at LSU that dates back to 1867 and were the 18th chapter of SAE in the country. Overall chapter size is around 46 men, after one informal spring rush and one fall rush. It's my understanding that we were the fastest colony ever to receive a charter (approved for rechartering in around 8 months) nice to hold a record even though we likely won't hold it for very long.
We had a installation banquet at Nottoway Plantation with over 230 people in attendance, including alumni representing every generation back to the 1930's.
It's good to be back officially,
Phi Alpha
Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WyoAlph
Congratulations. Your story is amazing and I wish you nothing but success in finding the finest TGs LSU has to offer and making the SAE name the most revered in Baton Rouge. Phi Alpha!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GeauxSAE
It's my understanding that we were the fastest colony ever to receive a charter (approved for rechartering in around 8 months) nice to hold a record even though we likely won't hold it for very long.
The previous record, as far as I am aware, was the relatively recent rechartering of California Delta at UCLA which took place in approximately 13 months.

Congratulations!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Too bad the Reveille . . .

did a weak job of reporting. As a journalist, I'm greatly dismayed by this terrible reporting job. Seventeen graphs on the tragedy that contributed to the charter loss and one about regaining the charter. Shameful. But congratulations brothers.

Reveille story
Old 08-12-2005, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Just an update on the Louisiana Epsilon Chapter of SAE.
Were gearing up for our second formal rush. Last year we were fifth in numbers out of 16 fraternities. The kicker was we did it out of a tent and not in the mansions most of the chapters that outrecruited us had.
This summer our housing corps managed to secure us permanent housing on the LSU lake. 14,000 sq. ft. home with basketball court, dock on the lake, 21 bedrooms etc. etc. While it is not the old house that has graced the cover of the Record on several occasions its our house and looking nicer everyday were in it. Our chapter is again ready to make the jump to the forefront of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and be the force we once were.
So in the 18 months since our recolonization we have taken 3 outstanding pledge classes, been rechartered faster than any other organization, received a nomination for the Zeal award and Outstanding Colony Award, raised $26,000 for CMN, Placed 1st in Homecoming with Chi-O/Sig Ep, Placed Second in Songfest with Kappa Delta, contributed more hours of community service than almost every other chapter of SAE in the country on the TGI day of Service, and had one helluva good social calander. And we obtained one of our major goals of getting the chapter housed again.
I've been told on more than one occasion that SAE would never rise again at LSU, I personally think were proving a lot of people wrong.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats.