Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 888
3 members and 885 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 06-18-2003, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a clerk at a local pharmacy I did I BIG no-no. It was a typical busy-beginning-of-the-month-5:00-rush-hour, well, I was freaking swamped with orders and calls. Well, in all the confusion I had given a #2 customer 2 full bottles of OXYCOTIN that was supposed to be for #1 customer!!! I realized the mistake due to the signitures on the sign sheet, the only difference between their names was the damn middle initial!!!! I had to practically sprint through the dag on store looking for her!! Man, I got ripped for that one!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
I recently made a slight error on the payroll last week. I forgot to go back to the preference settings to check "print pay period in memo." There were 22 checks that were printed so it was useless to void them all. And then I forgot to go into the liability preference to change the new 2004 UI rate. I had to input everyone's hours all over again.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My first day as a French teacher, I had a class of fourth graders. I wanted to teach them to count to ten in French so I asked "do any of you know how to count to ten in english?" They just gave me a weird look.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I made the mistake of hiring my cousin's goddaughter. She never told me that the girl had enough drama by herself to go on Jerry Springer. She caused my assistant to quit, stole money from the store, and tried to cause friction between myself and my staff. I got fired.

NEVER HIRE RELATIVES!!!!

Last edited by wrigley; 01-13-2004 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I had been at my job as an Occupational Therapist working with adolescents on a day treatment psychiatric unit for about 3 weeks. I was doing my first cooking group with them and we were making soft pretzels. I had about 3 cookie sheets and 8 kids. I baked 3 sets of pretzels, took them off the cookie sheets, put new pretzels on and baked those, etc. There were a couple small pieces of dough on the edge of one of the pans that had been baked over and over, but it shouldn't have been a big deal. I opened the oven and heard these sirens going off, strobes flashing, etc. I finished taking them out of the oven and hear them page overhead "Code Red, 3 ACC" and it dawns on me.. that's our floor! As the staff are getting the kids together to evacuate, about 10 maintenance men show up in my OT room with fire extinguishers! Within 5 minutes, the fire department is there too. I offered them pretzels... There was no fire, just a very hot oven and a tiny bit of burned dough! The smoke alarm had been installed right above the oven! I was soooo embarassed. When we went down to lunch, my supervisor was sitting at a table with some other staff from our inpatient unit. I went up to her, nervous, and said "I did my first cooking group today". She said "How did it go?". I said "Well, you heard that code red???" She died laughing! It was an ongoing joke for the rest of my six years there!

They ended up moving the smoke alarm to the other side of the room so it wasn't quite so sensitive to baking!

Dee
Old 01-16-2004, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was working at a day care this summer, we would take the 2-year-olds out to play in the mornings at about 10, and come back in at about 10:30. About 10:45, I was doing a mental count / check up on the kids, and all of a sudden I realized we were missing one. Most terrifying feeling ever. Checked with the other girl in the room with me, and we realized we hadn't seen him since we came in, and I had to go outside and chase him down. We would have been in some serious trouble if anyone had found out -- looks like my obsessive counting/checking up on kids did some good, after all!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I was doing inventory at Fashion Bug last Sunday with a friend of mine, Cassandra. Cassandra and I were the only two people that were doing inventory that weren't regular employees or relatives. I was asking one girl about a guy she worked with at her other job and I said "Is he still there??".

Her: "Nope".
Me: "No?? Why not??"
Her: "His Wife made him quit"
Me: "What??"
Her: "His Wife made him quit"
Girl on other side of me: "Yeah, his WIFE made him quit" (very sarcastically.)
Cassandra: "Why would his wife make him quit??"
Me: "Dude, his wife's PSYCHO!"
Girl on other side of me: "Excuse me??! I'M his wife!!!! "
Me: "Well, I just heard that. It was just something I heard!!"

I mean really folx - - WHAT do you say to that?? I had heard from the guy's friend that the guy's wife was psycho; I heard this a long time ago...And OBVIOUSLY I didn't know that was her.... Until Sunday. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

edited because I can't type

Last edited by DigitalAngel126; 01-16-2004 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I was hired by the Gore Campaign in '00 to be the front office manager/receptionist. I mean, one day I was working my intern hours and the next, I was to report in as a staff member. Well, I live in a very rural town an hour and a half away from Nashville on a day with little interstate traffic. And, it stormed that night.

I woke up the next morning at 9 a.m.! Three hours after I was supposed to be LEAVING my house! The power had gone off sometime after I went to sleep. I called my boss and explained what happened, and was excused. But, other staff members living in Nashville didn't believe me b/c their power never even flinched

ETA: My biggest mistake was not buying an alarm that had battery back-up!