GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,504
1 members and 1,503 guests
No Members online

Old 09-05-2005, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so late to this thread and I can't believe it....

In terms of interesting faces that could be marketable here in the US and beyond....

Cassandra

Coryn

Jayla

Nicole has HUGE eye and presence, she looks like she might be some competition.

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 09-05-2005, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Ashley's okay... looks just sorta eh, but we'll have to see what her personality is like.
Bre looks like she has some personality and she has big eyes.
Cassandra's okay, though she reminds me a bit of the startled-looking girl from last year...
Coryn's features are all really harsh- eyebrows, nose, lips. It's a little overwhelming to look at in the pictures. I'd like to see her soften up a bit.
Diane- older (23), has the same weird look in her pictures.
Ebony- young, looks like she has some personality. One of the less odd-looking ones, lol. She's pretty.
Jayla- pretty eyes, I could see the judges liking her, decent commercial look but is it high fashion?
Kim really is very manish looking... and her lips are really odd. Maybe if she had on more feminine makeup she could look better but she's looking like a very effeminate male. (lol, could that be the big drama this season? Michelle was the man last season, thi is the one this year!)
Kyle- Pretty blond, more expressive eyes, but is there anything unique about her?
Lisa- could see the judges liking her. Striking.
Nicole- looks very sad and depressed, sorta vacant looking eyes.
Nik- great eyes!
Sarah- looks like she over-collagened her lips

Of course, this is just going by the 3 pictures on the site of each. And what the viewers think is pretty isn't what the judges think.

Should be an interesting dynamic with Twiggy instead of Janice.

Doesn't look like there's any plus size women in this one again.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
Well, I don't think she's cute. So what?
I agree, I don't think she's cute at all!! I have to concur with the whole "She's a man!" lol.

I would have to say that my favorites are:

Bre
Nik (gotta love a girl who's 2 favorite shows, are 2 of mine also!)
Kyle (there is just something about her)

I think Coryn's pictures would look a little better if she didn't have such thick eyebrows! I don't know, maybe its just a personal thing, but there are only certain girls who could look good with naturally thick, bushy eyebrows and Coryn (in my opinion) is not one of those girls.

My Predictions:

----I also think that Ebony is going to encounter the same problem as Eva did---flared nostrils. The headshot of her turned to a 3/4 angle is so reminisant (i know i spelled that wrong) of Eva when everyone would complain about her flared nostrils. That is just something i think Ebony might encounter also!

----I think if "used" right, Sarah's lips are going to be a selling point to her photos. She has those HUGE (she says real) lips, but like i said they have to be "used" right. lol

----Cassandra is going to have that problem (like someone else already stated) about her pageants. But I think the more bigger issue might be the way she looks in a picture. Although her eyes are stunning, she is staring rather blankly (i may be totally wrong since i'm not a model or nothing). I think she is going to have a problem like Christina (i think that was her name, from last season) who had really beautiful eyes, but she really made no expressions with them, she just stared blankly into the camera. I think that might be Cassandra's biggest problem. You can even see the difference if you compare her picture to that of Tyra's picture. There is just something missing.

I'm really looking forward to this season, so we'll see how true (or mainly untrue) my predictions are! lol

Last edited by epchick; 09-05-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I think Nik and Bre are gorgeous!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Who was watching the premiere tonight?

I'm surprised they kicked Ashley, but I'm kinda glad because she was pretty b*tchy. I also think Lisa, Cassandra, and Nicole need to calm the heck down.

Fiance and I think Kyle looks like Jessica Simpson. She seems like a sweetie...I think it's time for blonde haired, apple pie Next Top Model.

I also like Nik and Jayla (who looks like a cross between Adrianne and Norelle).
Old 09-21-2005, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Ashley's okay... looks just sorta eh, but we'll have to see what her personality is like.
Bre looks like she has some personality and she has big eyes.
Cassandra's okay, though she reminds me a bit of the startled-looking girl from last year...
Coryn's features are all really harsh- eyebrows, nose, lips. It's a little overwhelming to look at in the pictures. I'd like to see her soften up a bit.
Diane- older (23), has the same weird look in her pictures.
Ebony- young, looks like she has some personality. One of the less odd-looking ones, lol. She's pretty.
Jayla- pretty eyes, I could see the judges liking her, decent commercial look but is it high fashion?
Kim really is very manish looking... and her lips are really odd. Maybe if she had on more feminine makeup she could look better but she's looking like a very effeminate male. (lol, could that be the big drama this season? Michelle was the man last season, thi is the one this year!)
Kyle- Pretty blond, more expressive eyes, but is there anything unique about her?
Lisa- could see the judges liking her. Striking.
Nicole- looks very sad and depressed, sorta vacant looking eyes.
Nik- great eyes!
Sarah- looks like she over-collagened her lips

Of course, this is just going by the 3 pictures on the site of each. And what the viewers think is pretty isn't what the judges think.

Should be an interesting dynamic with Twiggy instead of Janice.

Doesn't look like there's any plus size women in this one again.
My updated opinions:
Ashley- guess my "eh" impression of her was the same as the judges since she's gone. Maybe her ego's down a peg or two now
Bre- same opinion
Cassandra- weird. Must be something about those pageant girls sorta like someone else we all know.
Coryn- sorry, I just think she's ugly. I really think she might change with some major eyebrow waxing. Those brows with the rest of her features are just too much. They're distracting.
Diane- thought her body looked pretty good, like her confidence, but her face doesn't do it for me and her neck bothers me, lol
Ebony- she got on my nerves... maybe cause she's just young and hyber. Think she's sorta plain looking, but we'll see how she does.
Jayla- liked her more on the show than her pictures. Spunky with personality.
Kim- She scares me, but there's something about her that makes you want to look at her again. She didn't do well on the runway or in her shoots though.
Kyle- nothing really changed for me
Lisa- she's gorgeous, but truck-stop tacky
Nicole- I CANNOT stand this girl, I want to slap her so hard. She's cute, but she's not ANTM
Sarah- girl annoyed the hell out of me. Ticked that she didn't get cut. Can't walk.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I can also see Cassandra whining about the makeover.

You know what seems so stupid, have these girls been in a cave and not watched the other 4 seasons of ANTM? Because in EVERY other season the girls got a makeover. It's not like it should be a big shock to them.

Jayla is of course my favorite (rooting on the home state girlie).

Sarah needs to learn how to walk. OMG!!!!

Lisa had a great walk last night, which is pretty awesome since usually none of them can walk. She'll probably take the least amount of work from Miss Jay.

OMG Bre's walk was HORRIBLE (IMPO). She looked like a horse. Kim also had a horrible walk as did Jayla and well Sarah, she's a whole other ballgame when it comes to the walk.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Nigel is kind of cute?

Okay predictions.... Who do you think, after just seeing this episode, will make it to be ANTM or at least to the final 2 or 3?

The final 2 I think are going to be Lisa & Nik.

Jayla and Cassandra are neck in neck for the number 3 spot with me. I think Cassandra's problem is that she is used to getting her own way and being a prissy priss. I think she is also just so used to people kind of "bowing down" to her beauty and she's not going to get that from the panel, the other girls or the photographers. And we know that attitudes will get you booted and I think she is a bitch. She has a horrible attitude and it's just because of her preconcieved notions of being a pageant girl.

But seriously how the heck could she not name any Cover Girls? I mean right away she should have said Niama and Eva (HELLO). Then there is Queen Latifah doing commercials and print (so I'm guessing she could be considered one). I'm pretty sure Molly Sims has done ads, same with Heidi Klum and Tyra. I'm not even a frickin model but I do read Cosmo, Glamour and People and I watch TV.

Kyle & Diane could also "have a chance" if they fix their body poses. They had GREAT faces in thier pictures but not great body poses. Tyra and the panel are usually all into "fierce face". They had great face poses but the body wasn't there

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Unregistered-

Somebody had to say it.

Cassandra reminds me of Brandi Rae (except she's much better looking). I wonder if she's had plastic surgery too?

That right, I went there.

And Sarah...I know of toddlers who walk better! I just don't understand how anyone can enter themselves in this kind of competition and not know how to walk. Imagine the thousands of girls who didn't make the cut -- watching this girl walk. It must be killing them!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

bump for tonight's episode!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

awwww... poor Cassandra
Old 09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

What a disappointment! I thought that as a whole the girls looked terrible! Bre, Nicole, and Diane look okay and that's about it. I actually felt bad for Cassandra and I think the brown hair makes Kyle look blah!

Lisa is on my last nerve and it's only episode two!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

BTW...with Coryn's new hair and eyebrows, for some reason, she reminds me of Shandi!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Lisa. She knows her shit. I do think that she is trying to help the other girls and she genuinely means "nice" but because it is a competition they just see her as a "know it all".

Is anyone else a little annoyed with Cassandra? OMG I wanted to bitch slap her tonight. All she did was whine, whine, whine about her hair. What a hypocrite to say in her video that she was willing to change (or whatever she said) but then when it comes down to it all she wants to do is bitch.

ITS ONLY HAIR!!!!!!!! IT GROWS BACK!!!!!!!!

I was disappointed that they kept her. I though her picture was horrible.

I had it pegged between Cassandra and Ebony getting the boot.

I loved Lisa's picture. Like I said above, she knows her shit.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Unregistered-

Kim and Sarah get down and dirrrrtay next week. Should be fun to watch.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Re: Somebody had to say it.

Quote:
Originally posted by OTW
Cassandra reminds me of Brandi Rae (except she's much better looking). I wonder if she's had plastic surgery too?

That right, I went there.
I know that you can not be in certain pageants if you have had plastic surgery. So I am sure that that is out of the question.

I know that Cassandra is a whiner, but I kind of like her. At least she has a little bit of class. I know that when I had long hair I was terrified of cutting it off! I t can be a atraumatic experience for some, so I understand why she was so upset. I think that a lot of people pre-judged her before they got to know her just because she has beenin pageants, but I think she seems nice.

I also like Kyle. I think she is even more gorgeous with brown hair than with blonde.