» Online Users: 1,135
2 members and 1,133 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2tf View Post
Based on my understanding of the above, they are subject to copyright infringement, as they used a substantial portion of the Theta Woman poem (the only thing being replaced is "Theta" and "lavender")
They most DEFINITELY are infringing. What they did was "prepare derivative works based upon the work" out right. The NB knows about this situation. No worries!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONElove1997 View Post
hey jennis can you tell me where to find that Kappa Woman poem cause the link doesnt work?
I was just looking back over this thread and realized I completely misread your post. The site that Kappa Woman was on is now unavailable...but it did get saved on internet archive.

Here ya go: http://web.archive.org/web/200412111...od.org/kw.html

Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
Give it some time. The site goes down when too many people access it. And be prepared to fall out!

ETA: Here ya go

Hey ladies not to get all up in y'alls conversation about the obvious poem stealing, but I'm tripping right now about the fact that they are using one of our colors and the first two greek letters of my sorority's name. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEnchanting View Post
Hey ladies not to get all up in y'alls conversation about the obvious poem stealing, but I'm tripping right now about the fact that they are using one of our colors and the first two greek letters of my sorority's name. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...
Welcome to the fun! We did notice the similarities you mention but kept the thread on TNX. Any time you see anything suspicious you are always welcome to join in the conversation!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Jeni that's very sweet of you! I'm not really sure how I feel about this group of HS kids - I know they're harmless but dang Have some creativity of your own.

I guess it's true what they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
4) "Xi" prefix for graduate, alumnae and professional chapters

QNX GAP Program - Founded 2001
http://www.thetanuxi.org/gaplinks.htm

LFX First graduate/professional chapter - Founded 2005
http://www.msu.edu/~brooksr9/Chapters.html
The "Xi Alpha Chapter" in Atlanta, Georgia appears to have changed to the "Delta Chapter" (http://www.ladyxi.org/index.html). And, the New York City citywide (IIRC, it was the original Delta Chapter) seems to be gone.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsDGP007 Send a message via Yahoo to MsDGP007
Thumbs down

Quote:
I got an interesting message from a member of Delta Gamma Pi that I'd like to share. It looks like TNX is just one in a series of unintentional mentors for Lambda Phi Xi.

Here is the pertinent information:
What?! Are you kidding me?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Preciousjeni,

I've just learned of lambda tau. The problem that I have with the organization aside from the obvious copyright infringement, is that the organization was started by an alleged member of my sorority. And as a national initiative we already have a youth sponsored program. So why start another? And for the record, even though I'm not a member of your organization, I find it appalling that she would steal from another organization and claim it as her own and then corrupt young people. That is reprehensible. What are you teaching these young ladies? If I were them I wouldn't want to be associated with that type of person or the organization.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

And by the way, lambda tau started in Baton Rouge, LA but is now trying to expand into Mississippi. So it looks like Alisa Welsh (the creator) is trying to take the organization national.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkidred_dst View Post
Preciousjeni,

I've just learned of lambda tau. The problem that I have with the organization aside from the obvious copyright infringement, is that the organization was started by an alleged member of my sorority. And as a national initiative we already have a youth sponsored program. So why start another? And for the record, even though I'm not a member of your organization, I find it appalling that she would steal from another organization and claim it as her own and then corrupt young people. That is reprehensible. What are you teaching these young ladies? If I were them I wouldn't want to be associated with that type of person or the organization.
I believe the issue of the poem has been addressed as the website came down. However, I am very concerned about these youth organizations. Check out these babies at a youth "step show." Remember, they are YOUTH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr69Zt6e2bI Parents, get your kids!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...

Quote:
Delta Sigma Nu Multicultural Sorority is the very first online sorority in history. We are based out of The Art Institute Online. It is the very first sorority at the Art Institute. Online students do not get the opportunity to experience Greek Life,so we started our own.We are all from different states and we are all different ages and of different nationalities. We are promoting positivity amognst women. Every member is required to do a community service in there area because we are putting more of our emphasis on philanthropy. We are planning our annual convention which will gives us the opportunity to be together in one place. While we are attending our convention we will do a commuinity service as a group in the city where it is held. We would like to help the foundations and communities that most sororities do not help. Our Professors and faculty members were highly impressed by our hard work and ability to create such an oustanding and one in million organization.We are currently designing our website, however we are on Myspace.com. This the link the to the official Delta Divas Page www.myspace.com/deltadivas

Motto: With our cultures and our pride we are women of diversity.

Mascot: Dragonfly

Nickname: Delta Divas

Mission: To promote leadership, multiculturalism, and self-improvement through academic excellence, innovation in servicing our local communities and enhancing the online and ground learning experience through collaboration and a strong cohesive sisterhood.
Mission statement of Theta Nu Xi:

To promote leadership, multiculturalism, and self-improvement through academic excellence, involvement in and service to the campus and community, as well as being living examples of sisterhood across different races, cultures, religions, backgrounds, and lifestyles.

Really?

A picture...

And, for the record, the only Delta Divas I know are the women of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Last edited by preciousjeni; 02-05-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

They're still at it... a men's club at Harding University that was founded in the spring of 2005 has yet to change its name or to disband. Here are some screen shots to record this trainwreck:

Scrolling down...

Old 12-07-2008, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hmmm...

Mission statement of Theta Nu Xi:

To promote leadership, multiculturalism, and self-improvement through academic excellence, involvement in and service to the campus and community, as well as being living examples of sisterhood across different races, cultures, religions, backgrounds, and lifestyles.

Really?

A picture...

And, for the record, the only Delta Divas I know are the women of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Still at it but now it's more official than myspace:

http://deltasigmanu.org/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

I have the front page in photobucket but the site's all screwy.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I believe the issue of the poem has been addressed as the website came down. However, I am very concerned about these youth organizations. Check out these babies at a youth "step show." Remember, they are YOUTH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr69Zt6e2bI Parents, get your kids!
Hmm There's really more humping than stepping going on.
I can understand the frustration about the youth orgs. At one point ehre was a youth "sorority" known as Alpha Kappa Kappalettes. They had the same colors and everything. Needless to say it hasn't gone over well with AKA's who are aware of the org's existence. And those little gals are pretty nasty and defiant about it too. They had a website and many of them made it clear that they were future AKA's. ugh
Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow....I have tried not to respond to this ridiculous discussion because one of my own has participated in the thread against me. I know who you are and I totally understand why you feel the way you do. The only thing that these children are guilty of is stealing that poem. They have apologized for that. They are taught to respect ALL greek letter organizations....particularly collegiate....not just the D-9....ALL Collegiate Greeks! We have many step teams and shows in Baton Rouge. Even some of our churches have step teams. Is that wrong too! Stepping is derived from the African Boot dance and as an African American I am glad to see other cultures utilize this form of entertainment. This group was established in Baton Rouge where crime is up! This organization keeps these children focused and off the street. They are encouraged to set attainable goals, make sound decisions and serve the community. This is simply a leadershship organization with 2 greek symbols. Many lives have been turned around here. Some of our kids have moved on and pledged the collegiate greek letter organization of their choice. I do not apologize for their existence.