GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,393
2 members and 1,391 guests
LaneSig, Xidelt

Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't stand beeping sounds or any repetitive sound such as a car alarm or fire alarm going off.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Juicy Sharts is not a good thing to hear!
if i left it up to Earp, the average onlooker may think Juicy Sharts is a new candy or something...

sharts can sound funny too. picture it, a few years ago, i was in a public restroom at Barnes and Noble and i heard the funniest shart in my life in the next stall. no joke i was LMAO, i couldnt stop until i left the restroom.

[/grossness]
Old 01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a roommate my freshman year who started doing meth after we had lived together for a few months. To this day, I still have nightmares about the sound of her grinding her back teeth constantly while she slept. I didn't know what the sound was for awhile, but it would keep me up at night and drive me absolutely insane. Once I actually figured out what the noise was, I got sick to my stomach and had to resort to wearing earplugs every night. I don't know how the girl had any teeth left in her mouth with the way she was grinding, but who knows...they may be all gone by now.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
I can't stand beeping sounds or any repetitive sound such as a car alarm or fire alarm going off.
agreed.

I did this today by mistake and it made my fingers tingle and I felt funny all day long: I scraped my nail along the top of my car by mistake. *shudders* it's not so much a sound as a feeling.

I'm also intensely disgusted by belly buttons. I refuse to touch mine or anyone else's.

dirty word: moist
Old 01-26-2007, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

A sound that peeves me to no end is the sound of twenty kids saying "aaaaaawwwwww"

Example- Susie B. spills her crayons on the floor and the whole class goes "AAAAAWWWWW". I've banned the sound in classrooms before, it annoys me so much.

Last edited by Phimuteach; 01-26-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2007, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniceIsSinking View Post
agreed.

I did this today by mistake and it made my fingers tingle and I felt funny all day long: I scraped my nail along the top of my car by mistake. *shudders* it's not so much a sound as a feeling.

I'm also intensely disgusted by belly buttons. I refuse to touch mine or anyone else's.

dirty word: moist
LOL this is crazy! i did that once against a blackboard in the middle of student teaching and i had to pause for a second. my students were like WTF!

and yea, one of my co-workers cursed my boss out for using that dirty word, it was great. one of the many reasons why she was subsequently fired, but i remember the next staff training she specifically asked all the newbies if they had any "trigger words." classic.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
if i left it up to Earp, the average onlooker may think Juicy Sharts is a new candy or something...

sharts can sound funny too. picture it, a few years ago, i was in a public restroom at Barnes and Noble and i heard the funniest shart in my life in the next stall. no joke i was LMAO, i couldnt stop until i left the restroom.

[/grossness]
BWHAHAHA because i'm a 12 year old boy and am still LMAO over the word "sharts," i thought i'd share the hahaha's.

Last edited by tld221; 01-27-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
I had a roommate my freshman year who started doing meth after we had lived together for a few months. To this day, I still have nightmares about the sound of her grinding her back teeth constantly while she slept.
Ok, I've never known anyone who does meth, so I have no first-hand knowledge of what it does. But, does the meth have anything to do with the teeth-grinding? I don't know if these two statements are as unrelated as they seem, or if teeth-grinding is a side-effect of meth.

-end hijack-

For me, the worst sound is that mysterious, un-findable rattle in the car. Drives me nuts. You're like, "What's that?", and you seach and search and search and can't figure out what! is! making! that! god-forsaken! NOISE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by SydneyK; 01-27-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard.
An out of control child crying
A nagging woman (that's the worse)

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 01-27-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=SydneyK;1390119]Ok, I've never known anyone who does meth, so I have no first-hand knowledge of what it does. But, does the meth have anything to do with the teeth-grinding? I don't know if these two statements are as unrelated as they seem, or if teeth-grinding is a side-effect of meth.

-end hijack-
/QUOTE]

Yeah, supposedly it is, part of what leads to "meth mouth". Check this out for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meth_mouth
Old 01-28-2007, 04:03 PM

My coworkers who won't STFU. Granted, they are talking to clients, but they have really annoying, loud, voices and I feel like I'm in the middle of one of those ghastly call centers.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate hearing people drink any type of fluids, even if it is water. I hate when I am next to them and I can actually hear the sound of the liquid entering their mouth and going down their throat. It makes me feel ill.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley21 View Post
I hate hearing people drink any type of fluids, even if it is water. I hate when I am next to them and I can actually hear the sound of the liquid entering their mouth and going down their throat. It makes me feel ill.
LOL.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
My coworkers who won't STFU. Granted, they are talking to clients, but they have really annoying, loud, voices and I feel like I'm in the middle of one of those ghastly call centers.
Be thankful you don't work with the farter.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
The sound of a broom on wet concrete or black top. They used to do this in my old apartment complex, spray down the parking lots then sweep away the excess water. I can't stand it!