GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,441
0 members and 1,441 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2023, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hell to the NAW!!!! Lmao!!!! This is effing, crazy nasty! You guys gotta see this!
https://youtu.be/qG9i22OaAbM
Old 07-23-2023, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait… did they seriously offer her two value meals?
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-23-2023, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Wait… did they seriously offer her two value meals?
And $500. Then doubled it when she declined Lol! How does a food-service company like Micky D’s offer a value meal in exchange for mucus in a customer’s coffee? Sorry for the inconvenience, here’s a couple of value meals. Wtf?
Old 07-23-2023, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I got sick. Two happy meals and $500. Yet, she got Covid and could have gotten something a lot worse. I think the employee should have been criminally prosecuted.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I got sick. Two happy meals and $500. Yet, she got Covid and could have gotten something a lot worse. I think the employee should have been criminally prosecuted.
Lol @ happy meal. It was a value meal they offered her. Happy meals are for kids.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol @ happy meal. It was a value meal they offered her. Happy meals are for kids.
😂 my bad. I don’t eat fast food so it all runs together to me.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I was the group leader for the English Court at the Texas Renaissance Festival (they did away with courts this year; Henry VIII and I will still be there!). After casting every year, we would meet for a celebratory dinner in an English/British themed restaurant or pub. We decided to go to the Hobbit Cafe in Houston. I made the group reservation 2 weeks in advance. The day before they called to confirm; I did so, no problem. They called again the day of; I confirmed. When I arrived ( a little early because that is just how I roll), they informed me that they could not do individual checks. No problem; as members came in, I told them, in case they needed to get cash from an ATM. We waited, and then a manager came over and asked to speak to me. He proceeded to lecture me on how to behave, and that they were short-staffed, and basically light into me. I hasten to add we were not loud, we were not rude, we were quietly waiting for our table. When I started to say I understood, he shouted "NO! You do not.", totally discounting the idea that I might have any experience in the industry. Meanwhile rowdy Astros fans were coming in and being seated. If you knew me, you'd know how absolutely ridiculous the idea that I don't know how to behave in a restaurant is (and it's not like a hamburger place is fine dining). SO - we conferenced, and decided that we wouldn't be giving them our custom. We went to Grace's, which although they have a stated policy of no individual checks, were more than happy to do it for us, and the food was FABULOUS. If you are in Houston, go to Grace's! https://gracesonkirby.com/
Old 07-24-2023, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad you brought up McDonalds Restaurants. Anyone else recall the free-for-all Bad Restaurant Day that was McDonalds very first day of their very first TeenyBeany Happy Meal promotion?

Customers were ordering, then quickly throwing away, perfectly good Happy Meal food for the sake of greedily grabbing the Teeny Beany Toy and rapidly returning to the order lines for moremoremore Meals/Beanys.

Even driving into/near a McDonalds driveway entrance that day was an experience. And on TeenyBeany Day One, unfortunately, my Bank shared ONE ENTRANCE PATH FOR CARS with a McDonalds BUT they had two seperate parking lots.

At the McDonalds, too many customers in lines snaking outside the restaurant doors blocked car drive-in paths and mobbed any car that managed to squeeze thru, furiously knocking on its windows while screaming, "I NEED a Patty Platypus!!! Who has a Pinky Flamingo Bird??? Who wants to TRADE?!?!"

One frantic TeenyBeany customer not only knocked on my window while screaming, but followed my car to my parking spot AT THE BANK NEXT TO THE MCDONALDS while continuing to complain about her TeenyBeany Trade drama/dilemma. As I exited my car to go into the bank, she proceeded to yell at me for NOT having a TeenyBeany to trade and for NOT going into the McDonalds!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I may or may not have a bin of teeny beanies... I did eat the food though, and my kids did too.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Those Teeny Beany people scared the snot out of me. Of course, we had absolutely insane people going for the regular-sized ones too. We collected some Beanies but the psychos ruined that for most people.
Old 07-24-2023, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Y’all got me over here cracking up at the teeny beany (never heard of it) stories Lol!!!
Old 07-25-2023, 04:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Those Teeny Beany people scared the snot out of me.
lololololol
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-25-2023, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Those Teeny Beany people scared the snot out of me. Of course, we had absolutely insane people going for the regular-sized ones too. We collected some Beanies but the psychos ruined that for most people.
So much this!

Exactly how on earth would you even keep them clean?
Old 07-25-2023, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

When I first saw a BeanieBaby it was Humphrey The Camel, and I thought, "who wants to buy a toy camel that has no humps?".
Old 07-25-2023, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Totally unrelated, but we've been trying to declutter lately. I found a box of beanie babies & teeny beanies today, and immediately thought of y'all!