GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,257
0 members and 1,257 guests
No Members online

Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas13
Love your location valkyie!!
HAHA! I might have to change it to "in sensitivity training with Ozzie Guillen" soon.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
HAHA! I might have to change it to "in sensitivity training with Ozzie Guillen" soon.
LOL!! You sound like my husband!!

Kappa Delta Sorority

Sigma Alpha Iota Music Fraternity
Old 06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the great advice so far! A couple things more that I should have included... 1) I'm a vegetarian - so no famous hot dogs for me! But the Greek food sounds delicious!! 2) I'm a HUGE baseball fan - and love the history of the sport - so a trip to Wrigley field must happen. Even if it means me skipping a session! (um, j/k if HQ is reading...) I checked the schedule for the Cubbies first thing (sorry - no Sox for me!) but since we are in session all day Saturday-Monday, I don't know when I can go. 3) My CP and I are flying in late Thursday afternoon, so we will have Friday until 5pm to do & see it all without having to miss sessions. Not a lot of time I know - especially since we know we are going to see Tut. I'm not a big fan of the heights thing - I've been to the top of the Empire States Building, the CN Tower in Toronto, a dozen skyscrapers in LA & San Fran, and the Eiffel Tower. So I'm kind of prone to not needing to do another rooftop in a giant building. So I don't know that we will do Sears or Hancock - especially if it means missing something else. And the ferris wheel is out for me! :chicken:

Thanks again for all the ideas! I am getting excited! Oh - and how is the weather in July? Hot as hell like the rest of America? Humid?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum
, and how is the weather in July? Hot as hell like the rest of America? Humid?
Chicago + Summer = REALLY REALLY HOT & HUMID. Since you'll be near the Lakefront, you may be a smidge cooler....kind of like you're not inside an oven, you're just directly to the right of it. Bring sunscreen, oh, and Chicago's weather is ever changing. It'll change many times in a course of a few hours.

Here's the Parthenon's website - http://www.theparthenon.com/ Happy eating!
Old 06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum
Thanks for all the great advice so far! A couple things more that I should have included... 1) I'm a vegetarian - so no famous hot dogs for me! But the Greek food sounds delicious!! 2) I'm a HUGE baseball fan - and love the history of the sport - so a trip to Wrigley field must happen. Even if it means me skipping a session! (um, j/k if HQ is reading...) I checked the schedule for the Cubbies first thing (sorry - no Sox for me!) but since we are in session all day Saturday-Monday, I don't know when I can go. 3) My CP and I are flying in late Thursday afternoon, so we will have Friday until 5pm to do & see it all without having to miss sessions. Not a lot of time I know - especially since we know we are going to see Tut. I'm not a big fan of the heights thing - I've been to the top of the Empire States Building, the CN Tower in Toronto, a dozen skyscrapers in LA & San Fran, and the Eiffel Tower. So I'm kind of prone to not needing to do another rooftop in a giant building. So I don't know that we will do Sears or Hancock - especially if it means missing something else. And the ferris wheel is out for me! :chicken:

Thanks again for all the ideas! I am getting excited! Oh - and how is the weather in July? Hot as hell like the rest of America? Humid?
http://www.greenzebrachicago.com

The prices are OK and outside of NY and CA, it's the best vegetarian food. Plus you might run into that homo from Coldplay and Gywneth.

-Rudey
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey
http://www.greenzebrachicago.com

The prices are OK and outside of NY and CA, it's the best vegetarian food. Plus you might run into that homo from Coldplay and Gywneth.

-Rudey
Don't listen to this damn Chi-town hippie.

Just drink some meister with him.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasa
Don't listen to this damn Chi-town hippie.

Just drink some meister with him.
In SF, try Greens in the marina area.

And the meister is good for your stomach...probably really nice after some hot yoga and cold sex.

-Rudey
Old 06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudey
In SF, try Greens in the marina area.

And the meister is good for your stomach...probably really nice after some hot yoga and cold sex.

-Rudey
I'm so ready to dropkick the Marina.

But tip #2 will be on my list of things to do.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasa
I'm so ready to dropkick the Marina.

But tip #2 will be on my list of things to do.
You should move to Tahoe.

-Rudey