GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,424
0 members and 1,424 guests
No Members online

Old 07-20-2023, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Oh c’mon.. it wasn’t that bad. I mean, I didn’t like Detroit but what state doesn’t have its not so good cities? When I lived in East Lansing, when I was dating my now husband, he lived about an hour away from me and where he lived was a really nice area. It was also only like 15 minutes from Detroit.

I did look up the auto insurance thing, and yes, Michigan was listed, but it wasn’t at the top of the list.
Lmao! See? I told you. They were listed though Lol!
Old 07-20-2023, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
CG, I guarantee you that if you go on google and type in states with the highest auto insurance rates...
I ran that search. Number two on the list? Louisiana. I moved here from Connecticut, and I am paying more in car insurance for one car in New Orleans than I was paying for three cars in CT.

Oh, and I have to add something to my list that just happened to me today - people who don't check their blind spots! I nearly got into an accident today because some ******* couldn't be bothered to check their mirrors or look over their shoulder! (My car has blind-spot sensors, but I still look over my shoulder when changing lanes. Buncha savages in this town.)
Old 07-21-2023, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Michigan's insurance is high because of the "unlimited medical coverage for the rest of your life if you survive a catastrophic accident" coverage, which was mandatory for everyone until last year. Now you can opt for lesser coverage, but there was a loooooooong battle before that legislation passed.

But, yeah, we have some crappy drivers. Impatient, bat out of hell drivers are the worst.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Here's another thing that road rages everyone in my neighborhood. The other side of my neighborhood mostly has very old people. Yes, I know that I'm old but there are still drivers over there who could be my parents.

Anyway, they look you straight in the eye and pull out in front of you. Sometimes they then ride down the center line (only 2 lanes here) and you can't pass them. Sometimes they go 20 in their lane where the stripe is double and you can't pass them. Other times they get really gracious and let about 3 school buses pull out in front of them by the school and then the school buses stop every couple of houses. The line behind the buses and geezer is then about 20 cars long all the way out of the neighborhood.

The only way to avoid this older section is to go the back way, which is longer and has numerous deer springing out into the road. My husband hit one last winter trying to avoid this; they're really bad around here.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! There are states that are more expensive than NJ? Crazy!!!

I’m so spoiled now from living in a rural area and dealing with almost zero traffic…unless I go visit my mom in the city. And then I just go out of my way to use highways to the maximum extent possible (at non peak times).

Which brings about a different type of rage: Toll By Plate Billing Rage.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Out here, some insurance companies base their rates on the driving record and credit score.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Michigan's insurance is high because of the "unlimited medical coverage for the rest of your life if you survive a catastrophic accident" coverage, which was mandatory for everyone until last year. Now you can opt for lesser coverage, but there was a loooooooong battle before that legislation passed.

But, yeah, we have some crappy drivers. Impatient, bat out of hell drivers are the worst.
lol
I knew that Dee or Sciencewoman would respond to Phrozen in defense of Michigan. Hilarious!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-21-2023, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Out here, some insurance companies base their rates on the driving record and credit score.
I think that might be everywhere.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
I knew that Dee or Sciencewoman would respond to Phrozen in defense of Michigan. Hilarious!
I'm not bothering. He names the three worst cities (and downtown Detroit is incredible these days- although there are areas that are pretty awful) and bases his opinion of an entire state on those three awful cities. You can't argue with that- he's not going to change his mind anyway. I can find 3 crappy cities in every state.
Old 07-22-2023, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm not bothering. He names the three worst cities (and downtown Detroit is incredible these days- although there are areas that are pretty awful) and bases his opinion of an entire state on those three awful cities. You can't argue with that- he's not going to change his mind anyway. I can find 3 crappy cities in every state.
Lmao! CG is instigating, trying to get something started. Let’s do this. Let’s take the cities out of it and look up the states themselves. I’m going to do it just like I did the last time without looking anything up. For real. I’ll bet if y’all look up most dangerous states, Michigan will be listed — probably number one.

CG, you’re a trip Lol
Old 07-22-2023, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmao! CG is instigating, trying to get something started. Let’s do this. Let’s take the cities out of it and look up the states themselves. I’m going to do it just like I did the last time without looking anything up. For real. I’ll bet if y’all look up most dangerous states, Michigan will be listed — probably number one.

CG, you’re a trip Lol
lol
Hilarious! No, I am SO not instigating! I just knew one of them would show up lol.

Didn’t you say something about living in Nashville? I think you posted that you live in Nashville on a lawn and garden thread or something like that. So, I looked it up. Actually, you’re right, Michigan is listed. But Tennessee is also listed and it’s ranked # 3 for most dangerous states. Michigan was ranked # 10. So, I guess you really didn’t look before you posted. Now that I’ve quoted you, you can’t delete or change it lol. What do you have to say about that?
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-22-2023, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

It’s based on both here.