GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,180
1 members and 1,179 guests
John

Old 03-10-2001, 02:29 AM

Ho Ho, sounds like a rivalry going on...
I don't think anyother gee gee uses this site, so I can talk the $hit without any repercussions
Old 03-11-2001, 01:56 AM

Wink

Nothing anyone has said sounded to me like Canadians were alcoholics - on the contrary, it's a refreshing change from here in the states where everyone has such huge sticks up their a$$es concerning alcohol, even when it's used wisely in an appropriate setting.

Belated thank-you to Canada for helping us get through Prohibition.
Old 03-12-2001, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl:
Belated thank-you to Canada for helping us get through Prohibition.

LOL.
Drinking beer is a Canadian past-time. Just like playing hockey. Did you ever notice that Canadian beer has a higher alcohol content than American beer?
I think that we don't have the same issues Americans do because we have three extra years, younger years, to get it out of our system. I think it's funny that the voting age in three years lower than the drinking age in the U.S. You have the sense at 18 to help determine who the leader of your country should be, but GOD forbid you are given the right to decide whether or not you want to drink.
In Quebec, you only have to be 18. I don't forsee the U.S. changing their law. All the logic in the world showing that lower age limits does not increase alcohol consumption will not change the laws. It's silly. Who understands the logic? I sure don't.

Leslie
Old 03-12-2001, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gphi2k:

LOL.
Drinking beer is a Canadian past-time. Just like playing hockey. Did you ever notice that Canadian beer has a higher alcohol content than American beer?
I think that we don't have the same issues Americans do because we have three extra years, younger years, to get it out of our system. I think it's funny that the voting age in three years lower than the drinking age in the U.S. You have the sense at 18 to help determine who the leader of your country should be, but GOD forbid you are given the right to decide whether or not you want to drink.
In Quebec, you only have to be 18. I don't forsee the U.S. changing their law. All the logic in the world showing that lower age limits does not increase alcohol consumption will not change the laws. It's silly. Who understands the logic? I sure don't.

Leslie
American beer is definitely watered down and gross. Hey les, ever try Maudite? A little strong (9%), but great $hit.

Old 03-12-2001, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:

Just to fan the flames before they get too high...i think what lil_g meant to say was that, well, Canadian beer is just plain better. Any of you beer drinkers will have to agree.

I tried Maudite ONCE. It wasn't the best thing i've ever tasted as beers go but it wasn't too bad considering the 9% alc. level. i'm used to my 6.9s. What's U.S. beer? 4.5 % ???

Leslie
uh . . . actually, some are even lower than 4.5 - there are still some 3.2 relics left. I'll agree that canadian beer is solid, though - but there's just something about that natural ice . . .
Old 03-13-2001, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil_G:
American beer is definitely watered down and gross. Hey les, ever try Maudite? A little strong (9%), but great $hit.

Just to fan the flames before they get too high...i think what lil_g meant to say was that, well, Canadian beer is just plain better. Any of you beer drinkers will have to agree.

I tried Maudite ONCE. It wasn't the best thing i've ever tasted as beers go but it wasn't too bad considering the 9% alc. level. i'm used to my 6.9s. What's U.S. beer? 4.5 % ???

Leslie

[This message has been edited by gphi2k (edited March 12, 2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Did you ever notice that Canadian beer has a higher alcohol content than American beer?
Leslie
I don't think anyone has a lower alcohol content for beer than Americans! My dad calls my brother and I beer snobs because we don't ever drink the swill that most Americans drink. I guess that's why I don't drink too much, because the beer I buy is twice as expensive as the watery stuff. Oh well, I suppose that's what I get for being a German major, I'm just too indoctrinated into their culture!