GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,429
1 members and 1,428 guests
No Members online

Old 12-04-2002, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I am soo excited!! I have been hearing about this since the begining of the school year and I can't wait to see the wonderful things that are going to happen with the addition of Delta Gamma to Auburn's campus.

War Eagle
Old 12-04-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkRose1098
I am soo excited!! I have been hearing about this since the begining of the school year and I can't wait to see the wonderful things that are going to happen with the addition of Delta Gamma to Auburn's campus.
Do you think it will be publiziced on campus? Because I had not heard anything about it until last night on GC!
Old 12-04-2002, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I PMed you.

War Eagle
Old 12-04-2002, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

It will most likely be publicized. My chapter went through what is called a Fraternity COB which is where Nationals helps us out with interviewing new members for our chapter. We did SOOO much PR it wasn't even funny. I'm sure you will hear more about it starting next semester (or quarter) since it doesn't start till then. DG's are big on PR so keep an eye out for it.
A little advice.....go into your interview with confidence and you will do just fine! Dress comfortably yet nicely. First impressions are key!
I'm glad to hear that you are considering our sisterhood....it's a great one to be a part of!! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me whenever you want!

Andrea
VP Membership - Eta Chapter
Old 12-04-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I'm so glad DG will be coming to Auburn!
Old 12-04-2002, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Well - since we just finished up with the EXACT process you are getting ready to go through, I'll give you the down and dirty quick version.

They will not start advertising until the week before they come and then it'll be massive. Flyers, other sororites wearing "decide DG" buttons, and information booths will all appear. I was a little suprised that I didn't see them earlier, but they really do come all at once with a big presence. The information meeting will be really neat, you'll see pictures, and hear all about what DG is and what we stand for. You will meet Tracy Williams, who is in charge of expansion and she will bring a team along with her. After the information session you will sign up for your interview. They are 20 minutes interviews that are painless! Wear what you would to a job interview - I wore a business suit. They asked me questions about myself, my family, my major, they asked if I had any friends going through this all with me, they asked why I was going through it, and what I could do to help the chapter. The next day you go to see if you are invited to the preference party. Pref was amazing. The ladies from the Duke chapter came and did our pref just as they would do their own. I cried it was so awesome. Then you decide whether or not you want to sign the bid card. And the next day you go see if you got a bid! That afternoon is the new member ceremony and all sorts of bid day activities!! It's so much fun!!

This is an expierence very few girls ever get to have!! You are so lucky - as was I!!

I'll try to find my "Rush" thread for you to look at.

Let me know if you have any more questions...

CJ
Old 12-04-2002, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I am definately considering this! It seems like an amazing opportunity! I had been considering alumna initiation once I graduated from school because I didn't think I had a chance to join a sorority anymore, and now this came up! And I wanted to thank everyone, especially the Delta Gammas for answering all my questions. If ya'll are any representation of DG as a whole, DG must be an amazing group of women!!

Laura
Old 12-04-2002, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
The Eta Kappa Colony Rush Thread

There is the link to the rush thread that traced my journey into the DG sisterhood!! It'll probably help you a lot since it's so recent.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteDaisy128
The Eta Kappa Colony Rush Thread

There is the link to the rush thread that traced my journey into the DG sisterhood!! It'll probably help you a lot since it's so recent.
Thank you so very much!! I'm going to read over it all!
Old 12-05-2002, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you Laura! Please keep us posted on your experience!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO_MOM_3
Best of luck to you Laura! Please keep us posted on your experience!
Aww! Thanks so much! And I definately will keep everyone posted!

Greek love,
Laura
Old 12-05-2002, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Laura.....
If you would also like to check out more about DG in general, feel free to check out our National Website at www.deltagamma.org it gives you a lot of information about our organization. It also provides links to chapter websites if you would like to check some of those out just to see what the DGs around the country are up to!
Best of luck!

Andrea
VP Membership - Eta Chapter
Old 12-05-2002, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I decided to browse through the Delta Gamma national webpage and I must say that it is one of the most comprehensive I have ever seen. It is so informative about your history and the process of becoming and being a DG. I am really impressed! Congrats to the tech-savvy DGs!

And good luck Laura in pursuing the DG recolonization! What an exciting time for you and Auburn! We had so much fun listening to WhiteDaisy's experiences and now we have another PNM looking at colonization!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
And good luck Laura in pursuing the DG recolonization! What an exciting time for you and Auburn! We had so much fun listening to WhiteDaisy's experiences and now we have another PNM looking at colonization!
Wow, thanks! All of this support and information has been amazing!! It makes me want to pursue DG even more!!!

Laura
Old 12-05-2002, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

In today's Plainsman , our student newspaper, Delta Gamma had a full page that said:

Delta Gamma
thanks
the AU Greek Community
for inviting us
to join Panhellenic
in Spring 2003.

Good Luck on Exams.
Go Tigers!

EEK! This makes me even more excited! GO DG!!

Greek love and mine,
Laura