No Members online

Old 04-07-2003, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaxi2005
Here at Monmouth College we are Alpha Xi's
Old 04-07-2003, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Fuzzie or not Fuzzie???

My campus at West Chester U of PA calls ourselves AZD's, though I refer to myself as an Alpha Xi Delta. (I find it confused my non-Greek friends to say the other two cuz we don't have and Alpha Zeta Delta or Alpha Xi on campus). I think Fuzzies is cute, and a good way to set us apart. Too bad nationals discourages, I'd like to use it... since hearing about it. But sigh, guess not.

Aside from setting us apart, it's really cute. (After all, teddy bears are cute) And what's better than the warm fuzzy feeling being a sister gives you? (which btw, could be used as sort of a rush theme thing... )
Old 04-08-2003, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I have always been and will always be an Alpha Xi!

My chapter also used the term fuzzies just among ourselves and not around campus. It was special to us and used instead of the way our letters and other terms are used today (fuzzie love, etc). Then our letters and other ecpressions were even more important and special when initiation occurred.

I don't like using AZD, those aren't my letters! How do we educate about our letters if we ourselves don't use them correctly? And when someone writes AXiD it looks like the medicine for stomach problems!

I am happy being an Alpha Xi and I don't mind writing it out to show it off!
Old 04-08-2003, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Hm, on my campus we didn't use Alpha Xi so much, not because we didn't like the way it sounded or anything, but because it sounded too much Alpha Phi.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to opaldragon
At UNLV

At UNLV, we're referred to on campus as AZD for pronunciation reasons. When we write out our letters however, we write out the Greek characters or write out "AXiD". That's how all my sisters are registered in my cell phone. We've never been referred to as "fuzzies", and I doubt we will. I'm not too fond of the idea personally. It seems just a little too cute for my tastes. To those who use it, all the more power to you.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXiDeb
Late response, but...

At KU, we were known as Alpha Xis and AXiDs. We did not have an Alpha Phi chapter on campus, so there wasn't confusion. However, sometimes when I told people who weren't familiar with the Greek system that I was an AXiD, they'd say something like, "Is that Alpha Zeta Delta?" It got frustrating, so I started telling non-Greeks that I was an Alpha Xi Delta.
I hadn't heard the term Fuzzie until I ran into friends of mine from high school that went to Indiana University. They called me a fuzzie, and I was like, huh? I think it's cute, but it hasn't really grown on me enough to say it.