Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,207
0 members and 1,207 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2004, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
I love badminton with a passion! I haven't played it for awhile, but I would've been on a team if my little school had one!

Susan, I promise you the math scores will shoot up on the GREs. Everytime I took a practice one the math scores were horrible, but I shot up 100 points or so on the real one.

Maggie, good luck on your LSATs! Think positive!

....I wonder if IU has a badminton league? Hmm......
Old 08-25-2004, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Highs: Only 8 more working days and then it's back to school!!!!!!! I also finally went to the gym for the first time since march. I feel so good!! I'm going to do my best to keep going!

Lows: I feel so bad for Perdita Felician. She's the Canadian 100m hurdler and our golden girl. She crashed at the first hurdle and took out a Russian competitor too. She absolutely devestated. And I wish the media would stop replaying the race. It's very sad.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
HIGHS: I just received my first alumni chapter mailing today! I'm going to go to a tailgate party sometime in September as the first activity (anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of food I should bring??)

LOWS: I left work early because I was sick and despite my complaint being genuine, it still counts against me as a tardy for leaving early Talk about a serious lack of faith in your employee's integrity.

PS: I totally agree about Felicien, Lady. I dont like why the media feels compelled to show every expression of misery on the competitor's face after failure. What the heck??

Last edited by piphimaggie; 08-25-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
...lows: im jealous of the freshmen and i feel so old being a junior. this first part of freshmen year is so fun and i remember meeting my freshmen floor and all of this stuff.. boo hiss i feel so old...
Hahaha, you feel old. I wish I was still a junior. I wish I back at university. I miss being a collegian. I am going back to school (community college), but they sent me stuff for frosh week. I think I'm a little to old for frosh week, even though technically I will be a freshman.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to suzipiphi Send a message via Yahoo to suzipiphi
High: I finally got my car back.... after a month of it being in the car hospital. Its friday and I only have to work for 1 more hour till my friend and I are driving to El Paso(only an hour away) to go shopping and have dinner at Olive Garden(one of my fave. restaurants that we don't have here).

Low: So now that I got my car back, the air conditioner doesn't work! Gr... I'm calling the car place right now!

Suzi
Old 08-29-2004, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

awesome weekend

high: done with the first week of school and it is gonna be tough but im interested in all my subjects...living in the house so far is amazing, my roomie is perfect for me and i don't know words can't even describe it.... i just got back from a weekend home watching my Hokies play USC and we did really well...plus i loooove football

low:i have soo much reading to do already and my lil sister is driving my nuts!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Highs: On Tuesday, I am going to visit my boyfriend for two weeks and we're going to decide if my staying will be permanent.

RE: Lows: I feel so bad for Perdita Felician. She's the Canadian 100m hurdler and our golden girl. She crashed at the first hurdle and took out a Russian competitor too. She absolutely devestated. And I wish the media would stop replaying the race. It's very sad.

Personally, I felt bad for the Russian lady she took out. Especially when the officials denied her request for the race to be redone. She is the one to feel sorry for, I think, since it was entirely not her fault.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowgirl
Personally, I felt bad for the Russian lady she took out. Especially when the officials denied her request for the race to be redone. She is the one to feel sorry for, I think, since it was entirely not her fault.
Oh I feel sorry for the Russian woman too. Don't get me wrong, but it's not like Perdita did it on purpose. She hit the hurdle and lost her balance. In the million replays I saw, you can clearly see Perdita go over on her ankle. I actually thought she broke, luckily she didn't. It's terribly unfortunate, and I think they should have started the race again, obviously without Perdita, but you know they would never do that.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Highs: I got a new cellphone today!!!

Lows: I have to clean up my room, and there are no more Olympics on the TV!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

High: My 4th daughter and her cousin pledged a great chapter and they're thrilled and we are too!

Low: You know what? There aren't any lows! I was just now standing out on the back porch in a wonderful breeze and thinking, "I love my kids! I love my husband! This house is great! My job is super-and I am soooo lucky!"

plus someone just gave us a jar of Damson plum preserves, lol

Last edited by carnation; 08-31-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: It's my birthday!!!!
I also only have 2 more days of work!!!
My parents are taking me out to dinner tonight!

Lows: None for today! It's a great day!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy Birthday Lady Pi Phi!!! Hope the next year is a great one!
Old 09-01-2004, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

happy bday lady piphi!

highs: its my 2 year anniv w/ my bf (and he LOVES the ipod!!!)

lows: just dropped $170 on 15 books for my greek mythology class ((although i did save tons buying the rest of my books online, and selling my old chem book for $90))
Old 09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

high:eating lunch with my two fav pi phis...AND getting an awesome package from my pi phi pen pal from MO BETA!

low: spilling something on shirt in lab causing it to eat a hole in it....of course i jsut bought the shirt yesterday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY PI PHI!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
First off, sorry not to be around as much. Grad school is sucking my life away, so I get on GC as much as I can.

Highs: I LOVE IU, the people I've met, and the friends I've made. Today I even ran into an old close friend from HS! Small world huh? It's almost the weekend, and my bf is coming to visit. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks! Oh, and this is going to some lame, but I finally get to sit and down and eat. I don't really have a lot of random time to do that anymore. LOL

Lows: School isn't that stressful yet, but it's hard being on campus for some a long period of time. (IE tomorrow 8am-6pm not counting studying afterwards) I'm also slightly tired of hearing a few of the second years whine and complain that the first years are taking up their space. Sorry, but I pay IU tuition too.