GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,471
1 members and 1,470 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 04-14-2005, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Tyra copes with her pain by wearing that hideous weave and Tiffany copes by either crying or in this case trying to joke away the pain. I would have told Tyra to KMA. Point blank. I would have said you can only do so much. My name is not Eva #2 and can we get this scraggily mess up out of my head.

I would have flicked my wrist at Tyra old school style.

Tyra lucky Carla wasn't a contestant. She would have got STOLE ON!!!!

Ok???? It was clear that she was joking around with the girls to cover up the pain for goodness sake. Man I felt bad watching that last night. Tyra was WAY over the top with that. Yes you could have told the girl something, but heffa you ain't her mama,L BACK OFF!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Tyra? Crunk?

Wait a minute. Tyra got crunk with somebody and told them "Knuck if you buck"? Wait a minute, why is Tyra trying to act like she has been in a fight or two? In the words of my Grandma, "Tyra set down somewhere!"
Old 04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel bad for Tiffany's grandma. Had her lights cut off over this mess.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
What's killing me is Tiffany saying Tyra only did it out of love for me in all of her interviews. You know good and well if there wasn't witnesses Tyra would have got swung on. The highlight of all of these interviews today showing who got eliminated is I get to revisit Rebecca taking that fall when she fainted lol
Old 04-14-2005, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Tyra Sucks!

- I am soooo disappointed in Tyra. Tiffany was almost a text-book psychology case in terms of how she was dealing with this situation and trying to protect herself. It was clear that she was expecting to fail coming into this, and her way of guarding her self-esteem/ego was to act like she didn't care and put in the minimum amount of effort. That way if she did fail, then it wouldn't be like she tried her very hardest and still wasn't good enough. At the end she was totally playing it off like this competition (winning/losing) didn't matter to her. I don't think that she could really let herself or others admit that she really really wanted to win (and could have), but didn't make the cut. This is why she kept talking about how different she was and how she just wasn't meant to be a model (or have the personality/persona of a model). Tyra's reaction was waaayyyy over the top.

- That being said: Tiffany needed to go. Her lack of effort (for whatever reasons) was not acceptable. its not fair to the other girls to let someone who isn't working hard stay b/c you feel bad for them or think that they have potential. Also, if they are eliminating people based on "looking" like a model away from the photo shoots, then she definitely needed to go. The weave was a constant wreck as were her clothes and face (lotion, an eyebrow brush, lipstick, and a little bit of mascara are your friends)

- Finally I need for all of the girls to learn how to read. Some of the words that they were tripping over were basic. Even if you don't know the word magenta you should know that it is not magnetic, magic or whatever else was said. Tiffany couldn't even read the sentence "Hello, this is Tiffany with ANTM-TV." We're talking alphabet soup here people. Unless you're dyslexic, there is no excuse.

Ending my tirade,
Marie
Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: To all the bill collecta's I clare fo'gawd i'll pay ya on the 1st
Send a message via AIM to Gyrl7 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyrl7
Ain'nuffin real about TYRA but that ole stanka dank dank attitude of hers. I cannot stand her anymore, and trust me had she yelled at me like that, I would have elbowed her in the throat.

Granted Tiffany could have been a little more upbeat about things and no so easily given up especially all that Granny did to try to help her, but sometimes when you don't have the best self image it's hard not to give up. I think she will improve over time.

However, Tyra and that fonky lil attitude of hers has a LONG way to go.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Tiffany was in some good anger management classes. If Tyra really plans on being a talk show host, she is going to need to learn that people deal with defeat in different ways.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
Well said, and I agree....

I was kind of SHOCKED to see Tyra REACT that way....also do you all remember when they interviewed YaYa a while back I can't remember what show it was on...but basically they were asking her about the show, how she was doing and Yada Yada,,,at any rate, I remember her saying that Tyra is NOT all what she seems...I didn't KNOW what she meant by that comment, but NOW I do.....
Remember, in the life of TV there is a FAMOUS word called Editing..

Nuf Said

Quote:
Originally posted by Neosoulchild
Tiffany was in some good anger management classes. If Tyra really plans on being a talk show host, she is going to need to learn that people deal with defeat in different ways.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Tyra Sucks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie
- I am soooo disappointed in Tyra. Tiffany was almost a text-book psychology case in terms of how she was dealing with this situation and trying to protect herself. It was clear that she was expecting to fail coming into this, and her way of guarding her self-esteem/ego was to act like she didn't care and put in the minimum amount of effort. That way if she did fail, then it wouldn't be like she tried her very hardest and still wasn't good enough. At the end she was totally playing it off like this competition (winning/losing) didn't matter to her. I don't think that she could really let herself or others admit that she really really wanted to win (and could have), but didn't make the cut. This is why she kept talking about how different she was and how she just wasn't meant to be a model (or have the personality/persona of a model). Tyra's reaction was waaayyyy over the top.

Agreed. I'm really more angry about this than I should be. Point blank, Tiffany has issues. Her issues are beyond the scope of the show. A few anger management classes cannot erase her life-long issues.

I was happy to see her selected. But, in the end, it think it may have done more harm than good.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Did anyone see the other judges reactions?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

This ep is so boring. Eliminate 6 and get it over with.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Im_just_me Send a message via Yahoo to Im_just_me
I'd forgotten all about the new epi. That's just all kinds of sad...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:53 PM

I can't believe they keep bringing MicHElle back.

Did anyone see the E True Hollywood Story on Janice where they said that she didn't agree w/ some of the choices made on the show? I think there is definitely a difference since Cover Girl came on board. They want someone more "safe" and I'm sure Janice is pushing for edgier than they are comfy with.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Eureka, I finally figure out why cycle 4 sucks

Look at the profile for the girls in cycle 3. Most of them are college students.

Look at the profile for the girls in cycle 4. Most of them have jobs you can get with a GED.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #1 Leading Lady Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Leading Lady
Tomorrow episode's preview looks a tad interesting...... You can view it here

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model4/....php?chap=7017