GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida

Old 08-27-2024, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Hobby stores, eBay, fairgrounds, classic car museums, any place that I can find them — ones that are detailed enough for my collection. Sometimes, I travel to different automotive museums across the country to buy them. It just depends. You name any classic car, I probably have it. Trucks, too. Actually, I’ve met D9 members that are into cars. Not to the level I am to where they’ve made a career out of it though, like I have. I’m a pure petrolhead, brother.

With gangsters, for the record, they’re all thugs, to me. But, here’s an interesting clip about Frank Lucas.

https://youtu.be/hgDm6iseEhA?si=v8EuP0NNXRUF94C7
Lol! You literally travel to buy? How about Sanford and Son’s pickup truck. Do you have that? Lol
https://youtu.be/XsE9aglVu4U?si=b-0JF0NuPxlDJCYe
Old 08-27-2024, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
LOL....Baby Face Nelson is buried a few rows over from my great-grandparents. I was in Chicago in June and I stopped by the cemetery to place flowers for my family. I remembered that Baby Face Nelson was supposedly nearby so I glanced at the various markers as I walked back to my car. Well I found him. As it happens, I had parked my car directly in front of his grave. LOL

If you're into gangsters, Baby Face Nelson is buried at Saint Joseph's Cemetery in River Grove, IL ("Chicago"). His name is actually Lester Gillis, which is what his grave marker reads. He's on the very south end of section C, pretty close the the roadway and near the triangular intersection.
This is interesting, navane. Thank you for posting this. That would be an interesting see I can add to the other historical sites I’ve been to. When I was in undergrad, my sister was living downtown Chicago, which was the midway point from my 13-hour drive to home from college. While I was in Chicago visiting my sister, she took me on a historical Chicago tour bus guide. Many of those spots and buildings were where a lot of notorious gangster activity took place. I also went to see where John Dillinger was when he was killed, the Biograph Theater. They still show movies in the same building and theater where he was watching a movie. I also saw the bullet holes in the wall by the alley where he died. Interesting, historical stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol! You literally travel to buy? How about Sanford and Son’s pickup truck. Do you have that? Lol
https://youtu.be/XsE9aglVu4U?si=b-0JF0NuPxlDJCYe
Actually, I do. Mine doesn’t say “Sanford and Son Salvage” on the doors, but it is a red 1951 Ford F1 pickup truck — same truck in Sanford and Son. I have a green one, too. I used that one in a diorama I had on display in an art museum for black history month a couple of years ago.

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 08-27-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: My patient list is long tomorrow, starting with my first patient, lol.
https://youtu.be/fZt_6lt8-PA?si=ZE1jO649Wg6aNjMk
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-28-2024, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Actually, I do. Mine doesn’t say “Sanford and Son Salvage” on the doors, but it is a red 1951 Ford F1 pickup truck — same truck in Sanford and Son. I have a green one, too. I used that one in a diorama I had on display in an art museum for black history month a couple of years ago.
Lol!!!! I threw a random joke out there and dude said it’s true Lmao!!!! What was that black history month museum art project about?

Thanks for the YT video too. I didn’t know there were so many inaccuracies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
WIFLSRN: My patient list is long tomorrow, starting with my first patient, lol.
https://youtu.be/fZt_6lt8-PA?si=ZE1jO649Wg6aNjMk
I’d call in sick. Wtf could be wrong with a damn spider? Just kill it and tell the owner to get another one.
Old 08-28-2024, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I’d call in sick. Wtf could be wrong with a damn spider? Just kill it and tell the owner to get another one.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-29-2024, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
For real though. How does that sound?

Vet front desk: How can we help you?

Owner: My spider is sick as hell. I think he has Covid.

Lol that makes no sense at all. What was wrong with it?
Old 08-29-2024, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol!!!! I threw a random joke out there and dude said it’s true Lmao!!!! What was that black history month museum art project about?
The museum reaches out to local artists they want to participate for black history month.

Quote:

I’d say “Bring him in. I’ll take a look at him.” Once he came in, that’s exactly what I’d do. Look at him. Wouldn’t even open up the container he’s in, I’d just look at him, and then tell the owner, “I’m going to need to keep him overnight.” When he asked why and what’s wrong with him. I’d make up some bs and say “From looking at him, he definitely has the rona, as in coronavirus. We’ll need to keep him overnight for evaluation.”

Man, I’d go to Menards and buy three foggers, let them off in the container, put a towel on top of it, put it outside, and go home. Tell the owner the next day, “he didn’t make it.”
Old 08-29-2024, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The museum reaches out to local artists they want to participate for black history month.
What’d you have on display there for black history month then?

Quote:
I’d say “Bring him in. I’ll take a look at him.” Once he came in, that’s exactly what I’d do. Look at him. Wouldn’t even open up the container he’s in, I’d just look at him, and then tell the owner, “I’m going to need to keep him overnight.” When he asked why and what’s wrong with him. I’d make up some bs and say “From looking at him, he definitely has the rona, as in coronavirus. We’ll need to keep him overnight for evaluation.”

Man, I’d go to Menards and buy three foggers, let them off in the container, put a towel on top of it, put it outside, and go home. Tell the owner the next day, “he didn’t make it.”
Lmfao! PB, and his bug phobia Lol!!
Old 08-29-2024, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Quote:

I laughed really, really hard at these posts. Hilarious!

Ok, so my first patient today was a Honduran Curly Hair tarantula. Her (she’s a female) original habitat is in or around Central America, so she needs quite a bit of humidity, and because she has very little provided to her by her owner, she was having problems molting, so part of her exoskeleton was still stuck to her when she came in this morning. Her owner is a first time owner of a pet spider and didn’t know what kind of species he had. She needs lots of heat and humidity.

And for the record, tarantulas and other arachnids can get host specific viruses and parasites, but Covid-19 isn’t one of them, lol.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-29-2024, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I laughed really, really hard at these posts. Hilarious!

Ok, so my first patient today was a Honduran Curly Hair tarantula. Her (she’s a female) original habitat is in or around Central America, so she needs quite a bit of humidity, and because she has very little provided to her by her owner, she was having problems molting, so part of her exoskeleton was still stuck to her when she came in this morning. Her owner is a first time owner of a pet spider and didn’t know what kind of species he had. She needs lots of heat and humidity.

And for the record, tarantulas and other arachnids can get host specific viruses and parasites, but Covid-19 isn’t one of them, lol.
How’d you get it unstuck? I can’t believe you picked up a big ass spider like that, CG.

I thought you said viruses aren’t living. I’m just observing you said “host specific” which I thought were associated with parasites.
Old 08-29-2024, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How’d you get it unstuck? I can’t believe you picked up a big ass spider like that, CG.

I thought you said viruses aren’t living. I’m just observing you said “host specific” which I thought were associated with parasites.
I didn’t have to. Plus, tarantulas should be left alone during a molt, unless they’re having life threatening trouble molting. That’s why the high humidity is important. Hers was almost entirely detached, so the humidity will help it to detach on its own.

They’re not. Viruses are obligatory intracellular parasites, which means they cannot reproduce outside of a living cell. Yes, both viruses and parasites can be host specific.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-30-2024, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread has been ghost all day.
Old 08-31-2024, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I’m exhausted. The state fair was fun, but the state fair + my kids + lots of people + the sun’s heat = drained. I am so tired physically, and I’m mentally drained, too. Feels so good to be home, in bed, and relaxed. Sigh.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 09-01-2024, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a what would y’all do article. Lol.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2593494.html

Would y’all wave your parental rights? Would you not wave your parental rights? Would you divorce or stay married? I Lmao when I read this article.
Old 09-01-2024, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is a what would y’all do article. Lol.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2593494.html

Would y’all wave your parental rights? Would you not wave your parental rights? Would you divorce or stay married? I Lmao when I read this article.
I’d have made it seem like I misunderstood the agreement. I’d have told her I thought you wanted me to hit it in the meantime until we found out the IVF was successful or if it wasn’t, with me tappin it, the chances of us getting a baby would be higher. I’d tell her I thought you knew I was hittin it. I thought that’s what we agreed to.