GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,476
5 members and 1,471 guests
IllyPolly, JayhawkAOII, UW_dawg

Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
Have any of you tried Ojon? I have to say that after spending an ungodly amount of time on the Sephora website and ordering a $200 hair iron, I'm really tempted to try it out, but before I fork over the money for it, I want to know if any of you have tried it and think it's worth it or not.
I've never used Ojon, but IMO the BEST hair iron I have ever used is the Maxi Glide. My nair NEVER frizzes and it stays straight, shiny, and silky.

Good luck with the Ojon!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

Hi. My name is Katie and I'm addicted to

~Philosophy's 3 in 1's ... i looove any of them my 2 new favs are senorita margarita & mimosa
~Clinique... skin care and some air kiss lip gloss
~Nars.. orgasm blush .. i agree it looks good on anyone!!!
~Estee Lauder... eye liner
~Smashbox ... the tinted treatment lipstick & gloss (gloss color is called beauty & lipstick is solar)
~Chanel ... the red lipstick called fire (it's the perfect red for anyone!!!) and no. 19 and no. 5
~Sephora- ANYTHING
~Maybelline- their new mascara in the orange tube that drew barrymore promos i don't remember the exact name of it ... lol
Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I just bought a whole slew of things from Sephora including Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and Benefit F.Y. Eye. I can't wait for it to get here!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
I just bought a whole slew of things from Sephora including Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and Benefit F.Y. Eye. I can't wait for it to get here!
I recently switched to using pretty much all Laura Mercier products on my sisters recommendation. I absolutely love them, including the tinted moisturizer.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsGift View Post
Yes Studio fix does change on your face. Also it isnt good to wear if you will be taking alot of pictures because theres a white substance in it, Mica. it reflects off the light of the camera and makes you look clear. Also, if you have oily skin Mac foundations will make you glisten after wear for an hour or more. I found a brand called Ben Nye, its stage make up but its the best! and its one third the price of the Studio Fix.

I have VERY oily skin and StudioFix is the only thing I've found, so far that works on me. If the oil is working extra hard, I put a bit of oil control lotion from MAC on before I put makeup on, and my face stays oil free. I live by that stuff.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5812

This stuff makes your skin look and feel amazing.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Dry Skin Help

I think I may have asked this question in the past, but I'm figuring there may be new products on the market.

I have severely dry skin. I have to use both a face oil and Jurlique Day Care Skin Cream (which is oily as well) and my facial skin still feels tight within six hours.

My problem with all makeup I've used is that I can't find any oil-based makeup (except for stage makeup which is ridiculously thick). So, when I put it on, my skin eventually soaks in the moisture so the makeup flakes off and looks crackly.

The only solution thus far has been to mix in a little of the Jurlique Day Care Skin Cream with the makeup so that it goes on and stays smooth.

Does anyone know of makeup WITH OIL in it that is not stage makeup?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post

Does anyone know of makeup WITH OIL in it that is not stage makeup?
That's the first time I've heard anyone ask for that! I know the Chanel Vitalumiere liquid foundation is formulated for "mature" skin so it's very moisturizing. I have normal skin and once was accidentally given this one instead of my usual (at the time) Teint Naturel. (did not look good considering my skin doesn't need the moisture!) Maybe you can ask for a sample at the counter so you don't have to buy it and return it. Although I do recommend purchasing it from Nordstrom for that reason
Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Are you sure oil is the best thing to look for? As opposed to another kind of moisturizer?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Are you sure oil is the best thing to look for? As opposed to another kind of moisturizer?
My skin is "oil-dry" meaning it does not produce the right amount of oil to protect itself. I have struggled all my life with severly dry skin and acne cysts that would be red and inflamed, but never come to a head. I've never had traditional acne.

Just a few years ago, I started seeing a natural skin care person who examined my skin and did some tests to determine that the problem was that there wasn't enough oil in the skin to push the dirt and bacteria out. I confirmed this finding with a dermatologist and began using facial oil and Jurlique Day Care Skin Cream. My skin has never looked healthier! And, I rarely get acne cysts anymore.

I have tried makeup for mature skin (it's what I currently use) because, as OtterXO mentioned, it is supposed to be very moisturizing. But, I always end up with tight skin and flaky makeup. That's why I mix some of the Jurlique cream with the makeup and that works a lot better.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

i *LOVE* MAC! they're eyeshadows are amazing! but they're so expensive and i can't really afford it now... *le sigh*

i also really like Clinique, Cover Girl and Stila. and Maybelline Full 'n Soft mascara [or Lancome's Defincils, but of course $6 compared to $23.50 lol] is my favorite mascara!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone tried the StudioFix liquid?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone tried Benefit's Posietint yet? I'm really curious.
Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions for a lip stain? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaDancer View Post
Has anyone tried Benefit's Posietint yet? I'm really curious.
Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions for a lip stain? Thanks!
I dont know about the posie tint. I do however love the lip & cheek stain from The Body Shop. Most lip stains you can also use on the cheeks as well.

Note: Make sure your lips are exfoiliated and not cracked before applying a lip stain!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i am completely obsessed with urban decay cosmetics. everything i have ever tried from them has been absolutely perfect!!! currently wearing:

big fatty mascara- black
eyeshadow- midnight cowgirl and smog (it makes a really different perfect summer smokey eye)
lips- XXX lip gloss in ID.
face- surreal skin universal mineral makeup

i would rather wear urban decay over any makeup i can find anywhere else. my mom and aunts hate me because they all sell mary kay, and i am obsessed with urban decay instead! they usually have decent sales going on at ULTA and i can honestly say i cant get enough. they last so long because they are pigment rich, so it is a decent investment. for christmas i told my fiance i NEED to have the eyeshadow vault. i cant wait!