GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,624
0 members and 1,624 guests
No Members online

Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Jimmy wins another title. I'm still not a fan of the Chase rules though. I think it's unfair for a driver to be leading the pack by over 300 points and then give the title away to someone who wouldn't have even come close under the old Winston rules. Last year Jimmy was over 400 points behind Denny Hamlin before the points were "RESET" for him to take home a 2nd title. But it doesn't matter, rules are rules, he's now in the history books. He'll win it again next year too. Of course after the points are "RESET."
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
I guess I'm bumping this thread lol....

My mom became a big NASCAR fan, when she was one of 5 first prize winners in a contest sponsored by Claritin to attend a race at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, NC (coincidentally we live in NC lol). Not only did she go to the race, she got to meet Carl Edwards, and have him drive her around the track in his Claritin car. Each winner, and their guest, got to have a turn driving around the track with him.

She also became the grand prize winner of that contest...winning a 2009 Ford Mustang GT Coupe!

*Before this, if we caught a NASCAR race, it was usually the last couple of laps...and we usually cheered on Jeff Gordon, because he drives the Dupont car, which is the company my dad works for.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
and we usually cheered on Jeff Gordon, because he drives the Dupont car, which is the company my dad works for.
There ya go!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Football season is over. Instead of travelling arcoss a football field in a few minutes, it's time to travel a football field per second. New year, new season. It's NASCAR time.

Any thoughts on Tony Stewart's new team? Will he be the 1st successful driver owner? I have yet to see that done. Who do you think will win the 500 this year?

GO JEFF GO!!! Let's make this Daytona 500 win # 4

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 02-02-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I want Kyle to win!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
I want Kyle to win!!!!

It's all about Jeff. Kyle may very well win it though. He almost won it last year, plus that dude can drive is azz off.

I would like to see Mark Martin win it if Jeff doesn't. Kyle is starting up front too.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post

It's all about Jeff. Kyle may very well win it though. He almost won it last year, plus that dude can drive is azz off.

I would like to see Mark Martin win it if Jeff doesn't. Kyle is starting up front too.
Don't get me wrong, I have been raised a Jeff Gordan fan, and I like most of the racers except the ones I detest (Tony, Kevin, Robby Gordan, & Jimmie has been inching on the list too)

Kyle is an amazing driver! He does things you only think of in a movie plot....have an accident, come from behind and win...he did that a few times last year!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have been raised a Jeff Gordan fan, and I like most of the racers except the ones I detest (Tony, Kevin, Robby Gordan, & Jimmie has been inching on the list too)

Kyle is an amazing driver! He does things you only think of in a movie plot....have an accident, come from behind and win...he did that a few times last year!
I'm with you about Jimmie Johnson, I can't stand that dude. He's arrogant. His crew chief, Chad is too. Yeah, I agree. Kyle is awesome. I got into it with a few GC members about him when he was just a rookie. They didn't believe me when I said he was going to be an outstanding driver. That dude is wild, but he can drive and he wins.

I hated it for him this year. Once again, he led the most laps, just like he did last year. He came up short, because of Brian Vickers.

Jr. wasn't at fault for that crash. That was all Vickers. That dude sucks. But then again, so does Jr. LOL.

Congratulations to Matt Kenseth for his rain shortened win though. He's a good driver and I like him.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

i missed this thread when I started the other one in the entertainment forum...

My whole family is NASCAR junkies. I tried...tried TRIED to get away from it....then i married back in to it. So I waved the white flag. I've only been to an Atlanta fall race so far - in 2007. Tickets to it were part of my wedding gift to the hubby, since it was about 3 weeks after we got married.

We cheer for team Gibbs, Hendrix and Stewart-Haas. I am cheering for rookie Joey this year. I was so sad to see him crash And the rain out made me

And Kyle? My family cheered.... I was in a dead sleep piled up on the couch when the crash happened. They woke me up with their hootin' and hollerin' about "poor boy Kyle" being out....

Last edited by amanda6035; 02-16-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I watched Daytona right up until the point where 3 out of 4 of my drivers got wrecked. The one that didn't wreck was the one that caused it (Jr.). I'm now in position 19 out of 19 in my league.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I watched Daytona right up until the point where 3 out of 4 of my drivers got wrecked. The one that didn't wreck was the one that caused it (Jr.). I'm now in position 19 out of 19 in my league.

.....Kelly
I don't blame Jr. for that one. I blame Vickers.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Like I said before, and I'll say it again. Replacing Bush with Jr. was a stupid decision by Rick Hendrick. I got reemed for it, but I'll say this again too. Jr. doesn't even compare to Kyle Bush. I wish Shinerbock still posted on GC, so I could see him eat his words.

Jr. sucks.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Is anybody else keeping up, or is it still just me?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm here.... Boo Harvick. I guess we can cut him some slack since he hasnt won a points race in over 3 years....

I'm so over the Jimmy Johnson show though, My whole family loves JJ, but I'm just SICK of him. I wish the other drivers would step it up and give him the competition the sport needs.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
I'm here.... Boo Harvick. I guess we can cut him some slack since he hasnt won a points race in over 3 years....

I'm so over the Jimmy Johnson show though, My whole family loves JJ, but I'm just SICK of him. I wish the other drivers would step it up and give him the competition the sport needs.
LOL @ Harvick. He does well at the plate tracks. I don't think he'll be with Childress too much longer, though, because he tried to get out of his contract early.

I can see why your family likes Jimmie, he's an awesome driver. I liked him early in his career, then I turned into a "Jimmie player hater" because he was beating Jeff, but now I don't like him because he's not being a teammate to Jeff. He proved that at Taxas last week and today at Dega. He checked up, and when Jeff tried to go around him, that dude literally blocked Jeff below the yellow line. Then he caused that big wreck, too. He wrecked himself at the end (glad he was ok) ...but...

Onto Richmond for some Saturday night racing.