GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 749
3 members and 746 guests
ggforever, Low D Flat, Phrozen Sands

Old 07-03-2009, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
I once knew someone who's first name was Ecclesiastes. Just like the book of the bible. Great book, but I wouldnt name my kid after it.
I couldn't spell that off the top of my head to save my life despite all my Bible school training. WOW! Just WOW! I hope they had a DAMN GOOD nickname like Lee or something.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniBug View Post
the (ahem) makes me think it was the 8th grader
That's what I thought too, but kids don't usually get maternity leave from school...which is why I asked. Normally it's some sort of independent study agreement.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
I couldn't spell that off the top of my head to save my life despite all my Bible school training. WOW! Just WOW! I hope they had a DAMN GOOD nickname like Lee or something.

Actually no. She went by the whole name. I agree a nickname or middle name would be better, unless they were just as bad. She had a normal last name though.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I work at a pediatric clinic, and one of strangest names I have ever heard was Con Air Nicholas Cage, and then the last name.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica.lanelle View Post
I work at a pediatric clinic, and one of strangest names I have ever heard was Con Air Nicholas Cage, and then the last name.
The clinic is where I knew Ecclesiastes! Medical clinics are a good or bad place to hear messed up names and funky spellings! There was a girl in the office who's name was Pocahontas.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
The clinic is where I knew Ecclesiastes! Medical clinics are a good or bad place to hear messed up names and funky spellings! There was a girl in the office who's name was Pocahontas.
Haha, I see so many weird/strange names/odd spellings of names @ work. I thought of another one after I posted this. This woman named her child Phelany (like Felony), and when she was asked why she named her that, she replied that all of her family members were felons, so it seemed like a good name .

Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Haha, I see so many weird/strange names/odd spellings of names @ work. I thought of another one after I posted this. This woman named her child Phelany (like Felony), and when she was asked why she named her that, she replied that all of her family members were felons, so it seemed like a good name .
O.M.G. SMH. Really, what is wrong with people? That's just ridiculous. Why not just name your kid Anus because everyone has one?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to elementary school with someone named "Mister." It confused me to no end. His last name was Jones or something generic like that so teachers and students were always saying "Mister Jones." I didn't understand why he got so much respect! Then, when the yearbook came out at the end of the year, I learned it was his name..

I hope he doesn't have sisters named "Miss" and "Misses."
Old 07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
I was at the park yesterday when I kept hearing a mom call her toddler "Mav." I was hoping that I just wasn't hearing her correctly, but much to my disapointment she later yelled "Maverick _______ come back here now."

Maverick? Seriously?
I know someone with an older kid (maybe kindergarten age?) named Maverick and it really suits the personality of the child. I could think of so much worse for kids.

I have a new friend who plans to go to medical school, and she has a first name that is one of those people may take less seriously. Maybe she has a workable middle name.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Way to be supportive of your child having the potential to do better
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII_LB93 View Post
O.M.G. SMH. Really, what is wrong with people? That's just ridiculous. Why not just name your kid Anus because everyone has one?

LOL!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Jermaine Jackson has a kid named Jermajesty.

Let the records show that that's something I will never name my own child.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Some teacher is Northeast Alabama is gonna be in trouble in a few years. A friend told us that she has met someone who has named her triplets Ayden, Brayden, and Cayden. (See earlier posts if you don't know what kids with the -ayden names do to teachers.)
Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a girl in a class one time named "Vaginia". It was supposed to be pronounced Vah-gin-ee-a. You can imagine how many times someone glanced at her name in print and said "vagina" without thinking.

I would've had it legally changed the second I turned 18. There's no way she doesn't get sick of people accidentally calling her "vagina".

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Oh good god.

My mom was telling me the other day about how she recently registered a baby named "Queen of Egypt." Oy.