GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,242
2 members and 1,240 guests
Cookiez17, willTic

Old 10-14-2007, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

creme eyeliners... help?

I love Smashbox eyeliners. I use their Jet Set Eyeliner when I want a really defined line, and their creme eyeliners when I want something more subtle or something I can blend into my eyeshadow (I also like that they come in fun colors!).

My problem with their creme eyeliners though is that they get smudged on my top eyelid (kind of hard to explain, but I don't have those beautiful doe-looking eyes)

Can anyone recommend either a brand that don't smudge like that or a way to prevent my current creme eyeliner from smudging?

Thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I use liquid eyeliner, and have found that using an eyeshadow base helps keep both my shadow and liner from smudging.
My daughter is a big fan of Avon's creme liners - I have no personal experience with them, but I do know that her liner looks good throughout the day.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

For the benefit lovers out there a new product combining Dallas (rosy bronze), Hoola (bronze), and Dandelion (soft pink).

Benefit Powder Pop

This one looks like something for my next sephora order.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I use liquid eyeliner, and have found that using an eyeshadow base helps keep both my shadow and liner from smudging.
I LOVE Benefit's FYeye! eyeshadow base. It adds a few more minutes to my routine, since you have to let it sit for 3 minutes before applying eyeshadow, but by the end of the day, it's definitely worth it.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Diorshow vs. Diorshow Blackout

I've heard mixed reviews about Diorshow Blackout -- any of the GC ladies care to comment?

Things I've heard:
+ Color is fantastic
+ Elongates the lashes
- powdery, so it flakes
- doesn't stay put > you get racoon eyes all day

Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan of DiorShow... but wasn't sure if I should fork over the $23 for this other one
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
I've heard mixed reviews about Diorshow Blackout -- any of the GC ladies care to comment?

Things I've heard:
+ Color is fantastic
+ Elongates the lashes
- powdery, so it flakes

Thoughts?

I'm a huge fan of DiorShow... but wasn't sure if I should fork over the $23 for this other one
I haven't heard good things about it. I haven't tried it so I'm not much help. However, Sephora is having their friends and family discount (I think it's still going on) so now might be the time to try it. The code is FF2007 and it gives you 20% off your total.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Things I've heard:
+ Color is fantastic
+ Elongates the lashes
- powdery, so it flakes

Thoughts?

It's my absolute favorite.

Also, if you're still looking for creme eyeliner ideas, I'd suggest Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but I really like it...it's not too difficult to apply and it does a good job of staying put.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

bumpbumpbump

Thanks for the heads up on the mascaras and eyeliners... I'll be making a beeline for Sephora later this week and needed the lovely ladies of GC to tell me about another product I may potentially splurge on.

Any comments on the StriVectin Eye Cream?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the mascaras and eyeliners... I'll be making a beeline for Sephora later this week and needed the lovely ladies of GC to tell me about another product I may potentially splurge on.

Any comments on the StriVectin Eye Cream?

I dont know anyone that has ever used that eye cream. I do know that this eye cream is a lot cheaper than their stretch mark cream they have that is over 100 bucks (or was).

Regarding Mascara: Until this spring I thought there was no other mascara than DiorShow. I thougth it was so great that nothing would ever be able to top it. Then earlier this month I tried the Super volume mascara from the body shop and I'm in love once again!. All of my old mascara is in the garbage (though they were almost empty anyway) and have been replaced with this one. It's also $12 bucks which is better for my budget than $23 for Diorshow. (it also causes less irritation to my eyes).
Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump bump bump bumpity bump bump bump

I've been using the StriVectin Eye cream for the past 2 days, and all I can say is WOW. My skin already feels different and looks different. It's kinda pricey for eye cream, but hey, if it keeps me from aging any faster than I need to be, I'll do it.. haha. Plus it's a pretty big tube (1.5 ounces I think) and with the small amounts you use, it should last awhile.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone tried Philosophy's Hope in a Jar? It's the only thing that was on my xmas list that I didn't get (I'm a lucky girl). I'm thinking about buying it for myself.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimuteach View Post
Has anyone tried Philosophy's Hope in a Jar? It's the only thing that was on my xmas list that I didn't get (I'm a lucky girl). I'm thinking about buying it for myself.
I have been using it for about a year now and I love it. I really recommend it.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimuteach View Post

I use it as a night cream on my face and neck.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
I LOVE Benefit's FYeye! eyeshadow base. It adds a few more minutes to my routine, since you have to let it sit for 3 minutes before applying eyeshadow, but by the end of the day, it's definitely worth it.
I bought this during the Sephora F/F sale on your recommendation and I love it! I had no idea it was actually possible for my eyeshadow to stay on all day.

I'm also a big fan of Benefit's That Gal - it's a foundation primer and it really reduces redness in the skin.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

About a month ago I got MAC's StudioFix (I think that's it....)foundation and love it. The only thing that sucks is about a week after I got it I got paler and now it doesn't look right. Any chance it'll stay good until spring?