GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,508
2 members and 1,506 guests
LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know why, but I never read this thread until now. I think every rush thread should be like this. If every PNM was as tactfully honest as curlygirly was, there'd be no need to nickname the sororities in rush threads.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...this thread is amazing! Thank you to Curly for keeping such a wonderful journal to inform and help others (such as myself.) I will be going through recruitment in a few short months at UF and this thread has introduced me to the process a bit more. I am extremely nervous and reading this made me nervous (and it happened awhile ago) so I can't imagine what I will feel like when I am actually there. Thank you so much for all the advice...especially to Curly to take the time out and log all of her experiences. Maybe if I don't find myself way too overwhelmed I will journal my recruitment experience. We will see! But once again thank you!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

May I suggest that we sticky this thread as a wonderful example of a recruitment thread that maintains discretion throughout and concludes with a happy ending?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
May I suggest that we sticky this thread as a wonderful example of a recruitment thread that maintains discretion throughout and concludes with a happy ending?

Ditto

I do believe that was the best rush thread I have ever read. And I personally liked the fact that I knew what sororities she she had to choose from. She didn't say anything negative about any one sorority and I felt like I knew what she was talking about better then XYZ ABC or purple blue pink or what the names from a tv show. (it was also cool to hear about her friend)

However it was a large greek university. I don't think if it were a 4 sorority university that naming them would be great throughout the thread. But listing them, at least in the beginning, wouldn't be bad if the recruit use the class and discression that CurlyGirly used.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking more than 24,000 reads?? WOW!!!

I'm still amazed this thread has generated so many responses!!! (think it says more than 24,000 page views?!?!) Also love the fact that I can read back on my OWN life through this website!!!

I'm glad what I posted has been able to help out so many different girls thinking about/going through recruitment.

For the girl who talked about UF... remember I wrote this back in 2002. I know things have changed for UF recruitment, so make sure you do your research before then. Take mine as an "example"... not so much a guide.

Good luck!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

curlygirly, just wanted to let you know that when i need a rush fix, i go read your thread. have you graduated or are you still at uf?
Old 07-14-2006, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I graduated in Dec. 2004...
Old 07-15-2006, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

read the whole post

Great recruitment story! I went to a small school in Pennsylvania, so our rush is totally different. Reading that story was exciting to me too, since I didn't get a chance to go through rush, but was invited through COB.
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 07-22-2006, 05:41 AM
GreekChat Member

This is the first time I've ever read this thread. Wonderful story!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this thread! I actually got anxious/happy as if it were currently happening!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

WhitGator is a Kappa!!!

Hey Everyone...
I was in Gainesville this weekend for the first UF home game... and met WhitGator. She is now a Kappa! We took a pic... which I will post soon.

Turns out my twin Kappa sister knew WhitGator had posted to my rush thread... and she made sure to introduce us.

The girls had a tailgate with Delt before the game, and since their house is right across from the stadium, I stopped by with some other Kappa alums. That's when I met Whitney... and I *officially* felt old. I graduated almost two years ago... so I only recognized a handful of current sisters.

Either way... it was a fun story to share with everyone when I met WhitGator!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I was so lucky to meet Curlygirl at a Fraternity barbeque before our fist home game!! It was really cool to see how greekchat can unite people!!! One of the older sisters approached me and asked me if I was Whitgator on GC and I was like...umm...yes! And she introduced me to Curlygirl! I'm so excited to get my four years started at Kappa and I am having the time of my life right now! I can't wait to be initiated as a sister in a month...the girls are amazing and have been so welcoming to me! I love them all!!! The only downside is that right now we don't have a house because it is still under renovation but when its done...its going to be AMAZING!! Anyways, thanks to all who gave advice...it helped sooooo much!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
*BUMP*

I just now read this - great thread! :-)
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
*BUMP*

I just now read this - great thread! :-)
Me too. Really enjoyed it
Old 11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ealymc
First time reader here, but what an awesome thread!

I kinda feel cheated for being a dude and not getting a Recruitment experience like that! But then I thank God that men are less complicated.