GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,272
0 members and 1,272 guests
No Members online

Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I am almost done, working on updating the Ole Miss results
Update: I think I am caught up! Lemme know if I am missing someone

Last edited by Jill1228; 09-25-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Just in today... one of my daughter's best friends went Alpha Gamma Delta at the University of Michigan (Motown recruitment thread)
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Just in today... one of my daughter's best friends went Alpha Gamma Delta at the University of Michigan (Motown recruitment thread)
Got it, boo!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
That's fantastic! You must be so excited! Now I have to go back and finish reading the Motown recruitment thread....
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

No Matter the Letter...

So, I'm going to share this in THIS thread. Today, I woke up to a nasty message on my FB wall from a "friend" who used to be in the military with me. She is still friends with a former "mutual friend" who I no longer speak to. Any way, there is something major going on at my alma mater this weekend (with students at my alma mater). I mentioned in a post that I wish them all luck! I am a proud graduate of my university and a proud member of my organization. This "friend" posted something really negative about how I was pathetic for still being interested in my sorority and that I need to get over it and grow up. She added a few curse words to her nasty statement (trashy). She did not attend a 4-year institution with Greek life. Needless to say, my feelings were actually hurt and it made me question whether or not my commitment to my organization was really pathetic or if it was good to support my sisters (and anyone else who IS Greek). After coming to this website and reading stories of sisterhood, talking to my own sisters, and seeing all the great things that Greek women accomplish, I can say that I would not change my feelings (or posts about the pride in my organization for supporting worthy causes).

This thread is a great example of how women of all ages truly find excitement in seeing other women, who hold some of their same values, succeed in recruitment. I deleted this "friend" (because posting hateful things on someone else's wall just to start stuff with them for no reason is tacky and un-acceptable/ un-needed) and realized that no matter how old I get, I will always be a proud Greek woman. I know you all feel the same way I do. Thank you to all of you Greek women who choose to stay involved in your organizations. You all truly make a difference.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
So, I'm going to share this in THIS thread. Today, I woke up to a nasty message on my FB wall from a "friend" who used to be in the military with me. She is still friends with a former "mutual friend" who I no longer speak to. Any way, there is something major going on at my alma mater this weekend (with students at my alma mater). I mentioned in a post that I wish them all luck! I am a proud graduate of my university and a proud member of my organization. This "friend" posted something really negative about how I was pathetic for still being interested in my sorority and that I need to get over it and grow up. She added a few curse words to her nasty statement (trashy). She did not attend a 4-year institution with Greek life. Needless to say, my feelings were actually hurt and it made me question whether or not my commitment to my organization was really pathetic or if it was good to support my sisters (and anyone else who IS Greek). After coming to this website and reading stories of sisterhood, talking to my own sisters, and seeing all the great things that Greek women accomplish, I can say that I would not change my feelings (or posts about the pride in my organization for supporting worthy causes).

This thread is a great example of how women of all ages truly find excitement in seeing other women, who hold some of their same values, succeed in recruitment. I deleted this "friend" (because posting hateful things on someone else's wall just to start stuff with them for no reason is tacky and un-acceptable/ un-needed) and realized that no matter how old I get, I will always be a proud Greek woman. I know you all feel the same way I do. Thank you to all of you Greek women who choose to stay involved in your organizations. You all truly make a difference.
This post is why I wish we had "rep" on this website! LIKE this post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

So here are all of my rush crew (have been really busy)
Auburn - KD, KKG
UGA - KKG (2), Phi Mu
Bama - DG
Ole Miss - DG, KD
FSU - ADPi

I will have a lot going through rush in January - lots of girls at Vandy and Wake (and a son at SMU).
Old 09-30-2012, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
This post is why I wish we had "rep" on this website! LIKE this post
Thanks, Jill. Obviously, I deleted the message (and the friend). I love coming to this thread to see how many lovely ladies went through sorority recruitment and found a home. Seriously though, if Greek life didn't have a positive impact on our lives, GC wouldn't exist--or at least many of the regular posters would not be here posting. I just had to get this out so, thank you for allowing me to do so.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I finally have my totals. And they are exciting for someone who's never written this many recs!

ADPi: 3 (2 Pitt, 1 FSU)
DZ: 1 PSU

Sadly, the other two dropped out of rush.

This is the best results I've ever gotten! Usually, it's "I wonder what happened to so-and-so?"
Old 10-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Okay, I finally have my totals. And they are exciting for someone who's never written this many recs!

ADPi: 3 (2 Pitt, 1 FSU)
DZ: 1 PSU

Sadly, the other two dropped out of rush.

This is the best results I've ever gotten! Usually, it's "I wonder what happened to so-and-so?"
Jill, these are my totals, not including the one I gave you already.

To everyone, I got the loveliest thank you today. I was told by a chapter of my sorority that the PNM I recommended did not go with Alpha Delta Pi but seems to be loving XYZ, where she did accept a bid. It was so nice to hear where a PNM did end up, and that she seems happy! Our loss, but her gain!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Very nice!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing as a junior in the spring! Soooo excited!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, would you please add my updated result to the list: MCPie went Beta Sigma Phi in Nevada.

Thanks

Old 11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I rushed this fall and I went Chi Omega! If you want to add me to that list
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

done