Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,342
0 members and 1,342 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I got that one! Haha even though I am not getting married anytime soon, I love bridal culture and looking at different ideas. I just think it is always useful to be prepared so that when it does happen, some things are already planned out
Old 07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Yeah, but having everything planned out doesn't always work. You never know. Your hypothetical future spouse could really hate your pre-planned ideas.

Ex: a friend of mine has always wanted a pink and green wedding. Got engaged to a guy and he hated pink and green. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha bf and I are strange. The only thing we have agreed on (if we do get married) is where we would like it to be. But then, that's really the only part we have talked about. Everything else is in my head, and I try not to get too stuck on any one part that I'd refuse to give it up.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

KSUViolet, I just showed my fiance the pictures you posted of the turquoise and purple, and he said, "I thought you wanted Cowboys colors."

Men. :-)
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh men.

A good tip if you want your fiance to be involved (but you know he'll be overwhelmed if you just start showing him pictures of stuff), narrow it down to like 3 or 4 potential color schemes and let him pick one.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

He's digging the turquoise and purple, now that I gave him a visual. You rock. :-)

That flower - I think it's an orchid, maybe - that's purple in the outside and (dyed?) turquoise on the inside would make a fabulous boutonniere.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Oh men.

A good tip if you want your fiance to be involved (but you know he'll be overwhelmed if you just start showing him pictures of stuff), narrow it down to like 3 or 4 potential color schemes and let him pick one.
"Oh men," FOR SURE.

I asked fiance if he had any color preferences and his first answer was navy and white (Penn State), and after I vetoed that it was blue and gold (Akron). No, sorry, we are not theming our wedding after our alma mater(s).

I am absolutely in LOVE with these colors. We will probably end up with blues and greens of some sort.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
"Oh men," FOR SURE.

I asked fiance if he had any color preferences and his first answer was navy and white (Penn State), and after I vetoed that it was blue and gold (Akron). No, sorry, we are not theming our wedding after our alma mater(s).
Ha! If fiance and I tried to do this, it would be HIDEOUS! (blue/red and orange/maroon)
Old 07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Navy and white with some pink added...

Last edited by als463; 08-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
"Oh men," FOR SURE.

I am absolutely in LOVE with these colors. We will probably end up with blues and greens of some sort.

If I stick with my current fella, we'd go with Vandal Silver and Vandal Gold since we're alumni. At least it wouldn't be Bluorange themed, barf.

I'm set that I'm wearing my bunad, the yet to be determined Mr. VandalSquirrel can wear something from his ethnic background, or a tux, or something we agree upon, and I refuse fondant, so it is either marzipan covered cake (yum!) and/or a kransekake. I really lucked out as I can wear my headpiece as my veil and change into the married woman's one at the reception, or rock the bridal crown. I may do flowers, but it would be small. My great grandmother has roses (red and yellow ) with a fern in her picture, so I may do the same. How fortunate I can work the Alpha Gam angle in like that.

After planning a wedding that thankfully never happened, this is way easier.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Silver/white/traditional.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Quote:
LOL. I want blue and gold so bad... Every school I've gone to is blue and gold and I love the color combo. I like purple and silver though so I would be okay with that too.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

My only real thoughts about my own wedding for years have been that I want navy blue and white as (some of) my colors. And I don't think that any PSU student or grad would think that's that weird, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Because he proposed to me in front of the Nittany Lion and we are both Penn State graduates, we are doing a "Penn State" themed wedding. I'll have Navy blue and some sort of pretty pink color, to signify my sorority!
And according to this quote, I am correct in my thinking, haha. My third supposed color is deep purple right now, partly because of my sorority but mostly because I love purple. I am also thinking some black and grey/silver thrown in. Just so I have a palette to work with, of course. This is all of course very hypothetical because I'm not engaged and probably won't be for awhile, but it is fun to think about.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypq View Post
That flower - I think it's an orchid, maybe - that's purple in the outside and (dyed?) turquoise on the inside would make a fabulous boutonniere.
A woman I know - a very hyper-Type A perfectionist who makes we other Type A's look sloppy - had a destination wedding, and they used starfish as boutonnieres. Too bad it only lasted about as long as the honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Because he proposed to me in front of the Nittany Lion and we are both Penn State graduates, we are doing a "Penn State" themed wedding. I'll have Navy blue and some sort of pretty pink color, to signify my sorority!
So many of my family members went to PSU that I must approve! I was just saying the other day that I absolutely NEED a day at Penn State!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Lakers Nation.