GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,536
0 members and 1,536 guests
No Members online

Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyFYI View Post
BlurPhire- comparing aux orgs to "the social clubs that filled out a req and is recognized on campus"
That's all they are.

Don't hurt yourself trying to champion their cause.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess people use the Iotas founding date as a joke, but I simply meant to new to be spread out on different campuses on the west coast...as for my long-winded messages, I forgot this was the soundbyte generation. won't happen again.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess people use the Iotas founding date as a joke, but I simply meant too new to be spread out on different campuses on the west coast
See, you were able to convey this point in less than 4 paragraphs. Good job, kiddo.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Almost forgot to answer your question- I'll be celebrating my 18th Deltaversary next year and ladyFYI is part of my linename- it has nothing to do with aux anything. A lil older than you expected, it would seem from your comment... I understand that these posts are created for good punchlines, regardless of whether they make sense or not and that these boards are a way for people to slam each other. Got it.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll be celebrating my 18th Deltaversary next year and ladyFYI is part of my linename
And you chose to devote 7 posts to an auxilliary thread instead of introducing yourself in the Delta forum. Sure. Go away.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ladygreek:
You said that you were an Omega Pearl. That’s remarkable that you put that comment in past tense. If you had some kind of process with those men, they must have entrusted to you some valuable and private information. Although I have no immediate allegiance to that org, it saddens me that you would throw away such a connection.

I understand the feeling that, should you have become a member of a D9 org, you have ascended to “greater” things. Truly, I do. But the idea that you would pledge something and then disown something else is a red flag. I would be nervous to share information with any young lady who was so willing to throw any process away. All I could ask myself is: would she do that with my org?

And, you’re right, I am not in undergrad anymore, but I have plenty of family and mentees that are. I am well informed that aux orgs have been banned. I understand why. With the onset of pledging, girls are a liability because they can be hurt. Many fraternities would not be able to recover from such a lawsuit. That said, they do still exist and operate on a regular basis on campuses across this country. That is clear, or this post wouldn’t exist…to respond to your final statement, of course the aux orgs aren’t autonomous. They were never meant to be. It just seemed irrational to say that something doesn’t exist because it is banned. I’m sure some of us can think of a variety of things that people do that aren’t allowed, but are still done…jaywalking maybe? ☺
And that is my point. I DID NOT pledge Omega Pearl, nor was I entrusted with any sacred information. My process consisted of a couple of bruhs asking me and a few of my friends if we wanted to be Omega Pearls. We said yes, had a cute little ceremony and received sweatshirts. In fact I never had to call an Omega big brother until I was a Pyramid - LOL. And once I did pledge a LIFETIME COMMITMENT to Delta, that is where all of my time and energy went.

Whether I had pledged a sorority or not, it was not expected that you would remain a Que Pearl outside of college. It was strictly another social outlet while on campus. Otherwise that would like saying you are still a member of your dorm social group.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Almost forgot to answer your question- I'll be celebrating my 18th Deltaversary next year and ladyFYI is part of my linename- it has nothing to do with aux anything. A lil older than you expected, it would seem from your comment... I understand that these posts are created for good punchlines, regardless of whether they make sense or not and that these boards are a way for people to slam each other. Got it.
I don't believe you (about being a Delta.). But FYI, even if you are you are still below the knowledge and deference bar, '93.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 04-19-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

And Ladygreek for the take down !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I don't believe you (about being a Delta.). But FYI, even if you are you are still below the knowledge and deference bar, '93.

Richard L. Evans
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
I don't believe her either. IF she is one of our beautiful sorors, WHY go to bat for groupies? Seriously
Old 04-24-2010, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Angel11E01 Send a message via Yahoo to Angel11E01
Geesh! This debate is still going on?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

well as an Iota Sweetherat i know for a fact that we are aprt of owr brothers bylaws!!!!!!!!!!! I also know that we are the ONLY nationally recognized sweetheart Auxillary group. with that being said OWr purpose is not to be a sex slave to OWr brothers at any point and time. The men of I Phi T will not be caught dead walking over their SISTERS or treating us with any less respect that they will give to a bruh. they adore us and look to us for any necessary help with the frat as they should bc as a sweetheart one of OWr goals is to support the frat with all of their endevours. and alos being a member of the Iota Sweetheart Aux does not jepordize any of owr members chances of becoming apart of a sorority due to the fact that we carry owrselves in a well respected fashion thus we are not labeled as whores or groupies. i will let it be known that in my chapter alone i have sisters that are apart of AKA DST ZPHIB AND SGRHO!!!!!!!!! YES THT IS ALL OF THE D9 SORORITIES!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetherThanU View Post
well as an Iota Sweetherat i know for a fact that we are aprt of owr brothers bylaws!!!!!!!!!!! I also know that we are the ONLY nationally recognized sweetheart Auxillary group. with that being said OWr purpose is not to be a sex slave to OWr brothers at any point and time. The men of I Phi T will not be caught dead walking over their SISTERS or treating us with any less respect that they will give to a bruh. they adore us and look to us for any necessary help with the frat as they should bc as a sweetheart one of OWr goals is to support the frat with all of their endevours. and alos being a member of the Iota Sweetheart Aux does not jepordize any of owr members chances of becoming apart of a sorority due to the fact that we carry owrselves in a well respected fashion thus we are not labeled as whores or groupies. i will let it be known that in my chapter alone i have sisters that are apart of AKA DST ZPHIB AND SGRHO!!!!!!!!! YES THT IS ALL OF THE D9 SORORITIES!!!!!!!
QFP

FYI - there haven't been any posts in here since April. This topic was off OWr radar until you brought it back up. Most of what you've said has already been said.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a reason for the OWr or are we just all kinds of special here today?

Also, sex slaves... really?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Iotas' call.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
^^^ Iotas' call.
Ah ok, didn't know that one.

I still think we're just being all kinds of special.