GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,440
0 members and 1,440 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

It's hardly ever, at a school like Auburn, that the sorority does not want someone. It's almost always that they wanted someone else more. Remember that some of those at the bottom of each list probably wanted the person who put them at the bottom.

Such situations happen regularly in the working world, both in hiring and promotions.

If you pray, prayers for all of these girls are appropriate. You want them to be the place where they will grow to be the best person they can be. And where they can help their sisters grow to be the best persons they can be.

Almost all sororities have all sorts of girls - party and serious and both. Real life is like that.

Last edited by phimusam; 08-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

First of all, I've been following this thread since it was created and I wish all the girls luck!

Second, I have really taken in what has been said the past day or so about each day the slate being wiped and thinking that, yes there may be party girls, but not all of them are that way. Yes, these girls may not have been your favorite in the beginning, but they WANT you.

It's really going to help when my recruitment starts this month (if I get cut from my favorites, that is).

Good luck to the parents and their girls! Hopefully everyone will have a happy ending.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

she didn't say much about the Broncos or Raiders, maybe it's an AFC thing
.. she likes the NFC better it appears.[/QUOTE]

Woot woot! NFC!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I can not wait to find out what all the codes are and if any of any of them over lap. I have a sickness I'm actually running to the computer when I get home and first thing in the morning to read this post. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have never even been to Alabama. Sheesh!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm addicted to this thread too! And I've never been there either!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

SRA= Serious Recruitment Addiction

Serious Recruitment addiction = SRA..... a new disease, symptoms include , but are not limited to; details of the day, returns, lists, quota, alternative names for chapters, topics , references, running to check the computer when you know results are coming in ...

GPhiB
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryGPhiB View Post
SRA= Serious Recruitment Addiction

Serious Recruitment addiction = SRA..... a new disease, symptoms include , but are not limited to; details of the day, returns, lists, quota, alternative names for chapters, topics , references, running to check the computer when you know results are coming in ...
OMG I have all these symptoms!!! Please tell me there's a cure
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Perfect in Purple.... hmmmm I've been doing this for years and I've found that GC helps with the symptons...... and it just tells us it's GREAT to be GREEK!!!!! thus the disease in in our bodies for a lifetime

GPhiB
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 5...

...or is is 6 or 7? This week seems to have gone on forever.

Just finished talking to Emma. She seems to be in very good spirits. Her voice is still scratchy but sounds better than yesterday. Apparently, these parties can be very loud.

Going into the Preference round, she has three very strong favorites (Angels, Reds and Cubs) and three others which she still likes and would join without hesitation (Rays, Dodgers, and Pirates). The final one....well let's just say she's not a Cardinals fan. Her favorites have changed slightly with one group in particular really standing out to her today and one dropping just a tad.

She won't have to meet her Pi Chi group until later in the morning so I don't believe I will have any more news until after 10:30 am Auburn (central) time.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cassie visited her 3 choices today, and still likes strawberry the best of the 3, and will probably pledge if they invite her. She thought Chunky Monkey was a little better today, but still does not know if she would pledge them.

The third group she is still dead set against.

I think neither of us is confident of getting any invitations back tomorrow after this morning's results. If that happens, I think she will probably sign up for continuous open bidding.

Does anyone know when the COB happens at Auburn?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumom2010 View Post
Generally fairly soon after formal recruitment ends. You have to sign up at the Panhellenic or Greek life office.
But remember that just a few sororities participate. In many of them, openings do occur from girls who resign...but they usually go to friends of girls already in the chapters.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryGPhiB View Post
Perfect in Purple.... hmmmm I've been doing this for years and I've found that GC helps with the symptons...... and it just tells us it's GREAT to be GREEK!!!!! thus the disease in in our bodies for a lifetime
So it's a chronic thing? I guess I'll just have to keep reading recruitment stories

Good luck to all the ladies as they finish up recruitment!

P.S.
GO CUBS GO!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumom2010 View Post
Cassie visited her 3 choices today, and still likes strawberry the best of the 3, and will probably pledge if they invite her. She thought Chunky Monkey was a little better today, but still does not know if she would pledge them.

The third group she is still dead set against.

I think neither of us is confident of getting any invitations back tomorrow after this morning's results. If that happens, I think she will probably sign up for continuous open bidding.

Quota will also probably put most of the sororities over or at total, so for this reason, it's a bad idea to count on COB happening for any and/or all groups. It's like going to the store with no money because you think you might find some in your pocket. Also, if the reason she doesn't like the 3rd is because of small size (don't confirm or deny, just saying if that is the reason) they will most likely be one of the groups COBing.

Another word about the "party" sorority. If it exists, it will keep recruiting the same kind of people. Hardcore partiers are pretty good at sussing out who's on their wavelength and who just isn't into that and can't be swayed that way. Ditto the hardcore hazing group. But as many people have stated, these chapters are so large that I highly doubt such a thing exists.

Last edited by 33girl; 08-13-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: being too nebby, fwap fwap RIF
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Stephanie had a great day! The sorority that has been her top so far has company. In her words, she "loves, loves, loves," all of her top three. If she gets invited to all three, the difficult thing will be deciding. She also said that getting down to those three was not easy. By the way, one of her new top three was not one of her top 7 last night.

She enjoyed hearing each of the sororities' accomplishments, and I think hearing some of the accomplishments was what helped bring last night's number 8 or 9 sorority up to the top three, as she thinks they can help her achieve some of her goals. She also said that they made her feel really wanted.

Stephanie hasn't met a lot of Alabama girls who are familiar with each sorority's reputation, so although she's heard a lot more about the sororities than she knew before, she hasn't heard anything negative- ie, party girls, hazing, etc. She's heard things like, that sorority is all about grades, that sorority has mostly Alabama girls, etc. Consequently, all she really has is what each sorority tells her and how she feels when she's around them. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it's her reality.

I'm praying for all the girls. I pray that they find the perfect sorority for each one of them!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUmom2 View Post
Stephanie had a great day! The sorority that has been her top so far has company. In her words, she "loves, loves, loves," all of her top three. If she gets invited to all three, the difficult thing will be deciding. She also said that getting down to those three was not easy. By the way, one of her new top three was not one of her top 7 last night.

She enjoyed hearing each of the sororities' accomplishments, and I think hearing some of the accomplishments was what helped bring last night's number 8 or 9 sorority up to the top three, as she thinks they can help her achieve some of her goals. She also said that they made her feel really wanted.

Stephanie hasn't met a lot of Alabama girls who are familiar with each sorority's reputation, so although she's heard a lot more about the sororities than she knew before, she hasn't heard anything negative- ie, party girls, hazing, etc. She's heard things like, that sorority is all about grades, that sorority has mostly Alabama girls, etc. Consequently, all she really has is what each sorority tells her and how she feels when she's around them. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it's her reality.

I'm praying for all the girls. I pray that they find the perfect sorority for each one of them!
It sounds like Stephanie has a great, open mind and sunshine attitude and is attracting others around her of the same sort.