GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 1,103
3 members and 1,100 guests
IllyPolly, John, LaneSig

Old 08-25-2004, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

What does her Bid Day t-shirt look like? I'm always looking for new t-shirt ideas!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
How is your daughter enjoying sorority life? Did you find out what she did for bidday? I'm always looking for ideas to give chapters
She is loving it! They had their first meeting Monday night and are having a pledge ceremony (I think that's what she said) tonight. Thank goodness again for GC or she wouldn't have known to have a white dress with her! I got so spoiled by being able to be there to see bid day...I wish I could see everything. I really have turned into a little bit of a "sorority stalker"

They're also going on a retreat already this weekend -so she's really psyched to get to know all her new pledge sisters better.

I never did get a very good description of their bid day activities. I don't think they did anything unusual - just the normal pictures, food, gifts....and lots of hugging and screaming.

Their shirts were cute...white shirts with a pink ralph lauren polo player on the front surrounded by a circle of words that said Delta Delta Delta - Bid Day 2004 and on the back in pink it said something like "Class....it's not just something you go to everyday" and then FSU Bid Day and the date. It looks like from the pics I saw that to go along with the Polo shirts that "Preppy" was the theme - more than a usual amount of "preppy" outfits. Someone posted this link on another thread....it has Bid Day pics from TriDelt and some of the houses at FSU and UF.
http://www.flashesonline.com/Q/Proofs.aspx?GroupID=3499

One more time for good measure....THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR MESSAGES!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Unregistered-

Guys, I've seemed to have lost my sour grapes.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

nothing needs to be said other than,
BRAVO a mom and daughter team who are winners.
it's all terrific.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:07 AM
cutiepatootie

Quote:
Originally posted by DaffyKD
My daughter just moved across country to start college. Thanks to a full tuition scholarship, it is cheaper for her to go out of state than stay in CA. Her campus has a KD chapter, but as of last week, she says she has no plans to rush--"I can't imagine living with all those women having PMS at the same time." Of course, she forgets she is living in a female dorm. I would love to see her become a KD so I could attend her initiation, but alas, so far she has told me that is only a pipe dream of mine.

DaffyKD
Let her come around ... once there she may come around to
the idea.

Also on another note:

It is very true to go out of state to college and it be less than california tuition.

I went univ of arkansas ...dorm, tuition and fee's were cheaper than one yr at either CSU or a UC school
Old 08-28-2004, 06:42 PM

Congrats to your daughter!