GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,465
3 members and 1,462 guests
Cookiez17, willTic

Old 07-11-2007, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to etahannah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still BLUTANG View Post
update on studio mist: i ordered some from the website, but then sunday i trekked out to georgetown to go to the mac store to make sure this product was something i wanted. i LOVED it. you spray it on a foundation brush then apply to the skin. it goes on damp then dries in a couple of minutes. it is light and non-smeary. it evened out my skin tone, it was more like a tinted moisturizer than an actual foundation. it will be great for me during the summer - not too heavy. did i mention i LOVED it? in addition to getting the one frome online, i bought another in the store. yeah! (note: i normally wear nw45. "deep dark" matched perfectly.)
i tried this at my last visit to my MAC guy, Drew! it was great but i didnt end up getting it! now i want it!! haha!

instead i got 9 new colors, 4 new brushs, a new lipgloss and a new lipstick
(i was buying a birthday present too but the majority of that was for me!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MAC!! it's the only brand i use any more!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally Posted by etahannah View Post
i tried this at my last visit to my MAC guy, Drew! it was great but i didnt end up getting it! now i want it!! haha!

instead i got 9 new colors, 4 new brushs, a new lipgloss and a new lipstick
(i was buying a birthday present too but the majority of that was for me!)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MAC!! it's the only brand i use any more!!
*sigh*
Probably will be hitting the MAC counter Saturday or Sunday with another MACaholic, delph998!

And I definitely want to get another eye shadow from Bare Minerals.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I recommend the new Bare Minerals eye shadow quad and the Blendable Camoflage eye color collection(for green and hazel eyes).
Old 07-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
I recommend the new Bare Minerals eye shadow quad and the Blendable Camoflage eye color collection(for green and hazel eyes).
What colors are in your iQuad? I just got Meet the Greens in the eyeshadow club shipment.

My favorite collection is the Camoflage, and I have dark brown eyes!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are some of my favorites:
*MAC or Clinique pressed powder
*Avon eyeshadow
*Rimmel lipgloss and mascara

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
What colors are in your iQuad? I just got Meet the Greens in the eyeshadow club shipment.

My favorite collection is the Camoflage, and I have dark brown eyes!
iQuad colors: chenille, citrus twist, camp, and climbing ivy(also a great liner!).

I want the Blendables in Watercolors and Wine Country. I also want Meet the Stones. I looked at the greens but they looked too green for me.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so I love makeup, but there is just one problem....I dont know how to put it on (at least to look good).

I am a folklorico dancer so we have to put on makeup all the time...but its always overly done and p.s. I use my mom's shades. Everyone always tells me "just use less than you would if you had a performance" but it doesn't look good. I dont know if its just cause i dont know how to put it on, or if they are just bad shades for me (they are really dark blues/grays/browns) or both.

I've tried to watch shows where they teach people how to do it...but I can't do it...I need like "hands on" training! lol How did you all learn?

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
Ok, so I love makeup, but there is just one problem....I dont know how to put it on (at least to look good).

I am a folklorico dancer so we have to put on makeup all the time...but its always overly done and p.s. I use my mom's shades. Everyone always tells me "just use less than you would if you had a performance" but it doesn't look good. I dont know if its just cause i dont know how to put it on, or if they are just bad shades for me (they are really dark blues/grays/browns) or both.

I've tried to watch shows where they teach people how to do it...but I can't do it...I need like "hands on" training! lol How did you all learn?
I first learned how to from a neightbor, and then over time have just picked up on things, from either watching people do their makeup, reading magazines, etc. Playing around with what you currently have is probably the best way to learn. Makeup counters are usually helpful, but I've gotten some nasty makeovers from them from time to time.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
For my 12th birthday, my mother took me to the Clinique counter at the local A&S (oops, I just dated myself ) for a makeover. The saleswoman helped me pick out a foundation, powder, blush, and some (very light - Mom's instructions) colors of eyeshadow and lipstick, and showed me how to apply everything. She also took me through the Clinique skin care regimen (which I still use today) and showed me how to remove my makeup properly. My mother then bought me the skin care items, makeup, and makeup remover. (I remember her threatening to confiscate the makeup if I used too heavy a hand with the eye makeup. )

I think that's the way to go... go to a makeup counter and ask for advice. Be clear on what you want (a look appropriate for the office, a look appropriate for clubbing, etc.).
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMich
http://www.product-girl.com/

my favorite beauty blog!!

Nordstrom is doing pre-sale beauty exclusives right now on the web. Great stuff!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
iQuad colors: chenille, citrus twist, camp, and climbing ivy(also a great liner!).

I want the Blendables in Watercolors and Wine Country. I also want Meet the Stones. I looked at the greens but they looked too green for me.
I just ordered the iQuad and I'm pretty excited. I also ordered the eye starter set since my brushes are about shot and I can always use basic brown eyeshadows for everyday wear. I've only ever used MAC brushes before using the bare minerals basic foundation brushes (kabuki, etc) and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they hold up! Has anyone used their eyeshadow brushes?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
I've only ever used MAC brushes before using the bare minerals basic foundation brushes (kabuki, etc) and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they hold up! Has anyone used their eyeshadow brushes?
Not surprisingly, I use their brushes and have been very pleased. I own:

Blending Brush
Double ended Blending/Foil (my favorite!!!)
Coral eye buki brush
Eye defining brush
Flathead Shadow Brush
Heavenly Eyeshadow Brush
Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
I just ordered the iQuad and I'm pretty excited. I also ordered the eye starter set since my brushes are about shot and I can always use basic brown eyeshadows for everyday wear. I've only ever used MAC brushes before using the bare minerals basic foundation brushes (kabuki, etc) and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they hold up! Has anyone used their eyeshadow brushes?

I bought the get started eyes set that you are referring to a few months ago and have been pleased.

I have the following bareminerals eye brushes:

heavenly eye
eye buki
soft focus eye
eye contour
eye defining
liner brush

I have a flathead liner brush and a blending brush that I also use but they are Sephora brand.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Does anyone feel like recommending a nice lip gloss for me? I keep ending up with one that's too red or pink.

I usually wear naturals, peaches, or mochas.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I am loving Stila right now...and have pretty much for the past year.

I really wish someone had taught me how to put on makeup properly when I was 12 or so...my mother's not so into that stuff and I'm the one who's into it...