GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,385
2 members and 1,383 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-22-2021, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Beta will be joining Villanova University in Spring 2022
Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
I heard that Villanova is open for NPC expansion for Spring 2021. I'd think that may change because of COVID, but its out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
Gamma Phi Beta will be joining Villanova University in Spring 2022
How does NPC Extension work during a pandemic?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!!!

It's a year away, so presumably we'll be in a better place with the pandemic. If not, I guess everyone will be used to virtual recruitment anyway.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Agreed. And honestly, expansion is probably better suited to virtual recruitment than real recruitment because you're not using bump groups, etc.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Pi Beta Phi will be reorganizing at Quinnipiac University this fall via https://www.instagram.com/p/CMzXvkmFoxE/

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 03-25-2021, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
How does NPC Extension work during a pandemic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Yay!!!

It's a year away, so presumably we'll be in a better place with the pandemic. If not, I guess everyone will be used to virtual recruitment anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Agreed. And honestly, expansion is probably better suited to virtual recruitment than real recruitment because you're not using bump groups, etc.
What I'm asking is: how do the NPC groups make presentations, in these pandemic times, to be chosen to colonize?

Is it the choice of NPC, NPC groups individually, or choice of a campus, whether it's live-but-virtual presentations or in-person?

Or, does each chosen-to-present-for-colonization NPC group only submit packets with pre-recorded videos, and no virtual/in-person presentations are given?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiez17 View Post
Pi Beta Phi will be reorganizing at Quinnipiac University this fall via https://www.instagram.com/p/CMzXvkmFoxE/
Well, that was fast.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
What I'm asking is: how do the NPC groups make presentations, in these pandemic times, to be chosen to colonize?

Is it the choice of NPC, NPC groups individually, or choice of a campus, whether it's live-but-virtual presentations or in-person?

Or, does each chosen-to-present-for-colonization NPC group only submit packets with pre-recorded videos, and no virtual/in-person presentations are given?
I think it's up to the campus to determine the exact nature of the presentations. NPC extension procedures haven't drilled down to the level of dictating presentation formats, even before COVID. The campus Panhellenic/Greek Life office decides, and each group abides by the format. Some are private presentations to only the selection committee, some are open to anyone to attend, some have various meetings with campus stakeholders, some allow alumnae or collegians from other campuses of the presenting org to attend, some don't or they limit the number of supportive members attending, etc.

I do know that our presentation to Villanova was done virtually. I don't know if NPC and/or Villanova dictated that. I don't know if there have even been enough extension openings to warrant a policy during COVID, like NPC did with recruitment, but someone else may know.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:07 PM

Theta Delta Chi has been suspended by Stanford University(CA) until 2027. Suspension is due to student conduct code violations.

https://news.stanford.edu/today/2021...onal-decision/

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 03-26-2021, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Well, that was fast.
I thought the same thing and feel vindicated that I'm not the only one! I did a double-take when I saw this announcement and went back to irishpipes' thread to double-check when this chapter closed. It was only 2019, so there are definitely still students on campus who remember the old chapter. I hope this doesn't harm the new chapter's success but it feels awfully fast and I can think of several recent examples where this didn't end well.

As for presentation format, some of that might be dictated by the school-at Cornell, for example, no visitors are allowed to come to campus and the current maximum number of people allowed in a face-to-face meeting is ten. That max is probably going to drop because the MBA students had St Patty's Day parties and we're experiencing a spike in cases, but that's a different point...
Old 03-26-2021, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I thought the same thing and feel vindicated that I'm not the only one! I did a double-take when I saw this announcement and went back to irishpipes' thread to double-check when this chapter closed. It was only 2019, so there are definitely still students on campus who remember the old chapter. I hope this doesn't harm the new chapter's success but it feels awfully fast and I can think of several recent examples where this didn't end well.

As for presentation format, some of that might be dictated by the school-at Cornell, for example, no visitors are allowed to come to campus and the current maximum number of people allowed in a face-to-face meeting is ten. That max is probably going to drop because the MBA students had St Patty's Day parties and we're experiencing a spike in cases, but that's a different point...
I feel the same way. Usually they'll wait 4 years or more if they try a reorganization effort, but maybe there's so many people going greek that they need the extra chapter. Which is why I was surprised they were coming back so soon.

Also I saw on Greek rank (I didn't believe it until the QUFSL post) that they were going to do a quick reorganization a little after the chapter closed, so who knows it could work.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 03-28-2021, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

https://www.facebook.com/AlphaSigmaA...889178/?type=3
On March 27th, Alpha Sigma Alpha installed the Iota Lambda at Flagler College!
Old 03-29-2021, 01:48 PM

Sigma Chi welcomed its newest chapter, Mu Iota, at the University of Texas-San Antonio.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-05-2021, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Phi Delta Theta will install the following emerging chapters:
California Omega: Santa Clara University [new]
Michigan Alpha: University of Michigan [recharter]
Oregon Epsilon: Portland State University [recharter]
Arizona Beta: Arizona State University [recharter]

Fall 2021 invitations:
Babson College [MA] new
George Mason University [VA] new
University of Tampa [FL] recharter
Old 04-07-2021, 10:02 PM