GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,279
1 members and 1,278 guests
Mooch279
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dukedg
I was so distracted by her legs I just couldn't concentrate on talking to her at all. I was like looking at a car accident.
ROTFL!

On a side note, when I got to college, I met a LOT of girls who don't shave. It made for some pretty interesting observations, especially when everyone was going for sleeveless tops and miniskirts.

*end hijack*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

heh

i don't shave, I haven't shaved in like 5 years (probably longer), of course, my hair is really, really light. Of course, if I wear a skirt, its a long one and if I wear a short skirt, I have on stockings or tights.

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 07-13-2005, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by maggieaxid
A friend of mine dropped Phi Mu because they had someone dressed up in a giant pink pather costume (their local mascot) and she is dealthy afraid of giant animal costumes!
Ha ha ha...that person should definitely NEVER see the CSI episode about "plushies" and "furries".... LOL
Old 07-13-2005, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
heh

i don't shave, I haven't shaved in like 5 years (probably longer), of course, my hair is really, really light. Of course, if I wear a skirt, its a long one and if I wear a short skirt, I have on stockings or tights.
High Five on this one!!!

I hate to shave, so I don't in the winter AT ALL

And when shorts etc are what is called for ...so at the HEAT of summer, I do have my legs waxed.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I knew I could never be a member of one sorority because of one of the girls in my American History class. She was absolutely GORGEOUS, but she was the dingiest person I'd ever met. She asked our professor "Does Mr. Ed really know how to talk (the TV horse) and if he doesn't, then how do they get his lips to move like that?" She was SERIOUS.

She also turned in a paper about the Navel History of the US. Not Naval, Navel...

That was almost as bad as the football player who thought that the South won the Civil War...

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

< She also turned in a paper about the Navel History of the US. Not Naval, Navel... >

LOL, I would have never have believed someone would do something that silly

< That was almost as bad as the football player who thought that the South won the Civil War...>

I wasn't even born in the US and I know that isn't right
Connect. Impact. Shine
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by summer_gphib
I knew I could never be a member of one sorority because of one of the girls in my American History class. She was absolutely GORGEOUS, but she was the dingiest person I'd ever met. She asked our professor "Does Mr. Ed really know how to talk (the TV horse) and if he doesn't, then how do they get his lips to move like that?" She was SERIOUS.

She also turned in a paper about the Navel History of the US. Not Naval, Navel...

:
So like...did it include a photo essay of all the cutest belly button jewelry on campus ?

Belly Button lint through the ages????
Old 07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
This is slightly different than cutting or pledging, but I've had sisters during rush who have been CONVINCED that a PNM is going to accept a bid from us simply from hearing the girl say she loves purple and gold! (The sister is usually disappointed...if thats all the PNM can come up with, she's probably not too into us). But a rush crush is the same as a regular crush I guess, and its easy to read into everything!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
Ok, so I didn't go through formal rush or anything, but i have a story kinda related to cutting for stupid reasons...

when the local NPC told us they were voting our local group on, our greek advisor told us basically to look at every other NPC sorority that wasn't on campus, with the exception of one that has been kicked off like 3 times for hard core hazing in the 80's. well, that left us with 21 sororities. No offence to Sigma Delta Tau, but I didn't want to go them because I looked at the letters and all I saw was 'EAT'... I'm ashamed to say that....but it happened.

I did like Tri Delta for a few reasons, but the ones that fit here are the fact that the mascot is a dolphin(as a marine bio major, i think its in our requirements to love dolphins) and since delta means change, and it would be the third time our name was changed, I wanted Tri Delta, so we would have a special part in the name. corny, i know
I preffed Tri Delta and SDT and even though at the time I had a great feeling about the women in SDT and I thought I'd fit in perfectly, I picked Tri Delta because of that same reason! I thought SDT's greek letters looked like EAT... I know that I would have loved SDT, but I love Tri Delta so much!

Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doves95 View Post
Me neither but at a convention a few years ago it was explained that this is a nickname at many many campus's b/c our pledge pin is the K (for kappa) and a snake around it to for the Sigma shape.... hense "snakey k's"... some chapters have members hiss at each other too fun huh!

our "official" nickname i think most chapters go by is "SigKap's" kinda wish we could do the whole DZ thing (just letters) but SK really does not sound good
Sigma Kappas go by SK at my school and I guess I'm used to it because it just flows like with DG or DZ.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
I have a good one...

I know a girl who cut Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta because she thought the "two letter sororities" block letters would make everyone stare at her boobs. The "three letter sororities" block letters would look more "even."
One time at the First Look Fair (every campus organization has a booth set up on the mall), someone came up and said, "So what is your full name, Sigma Kappa Kappa?" When we told him that some GLOs only have two letters (and I have heard of a couple that have 4), he thought it was less 'Greek' to not have 3 letters.

This has nothing to do with why I chose Sigma Kappa, but when you have 2 letters, it fits more nicely on a smaller shirt (now that average sized girls don't see the need to swim in XL shirts). When I was flyering for recruitment with some other Rho Gammas, (an AChiO and 2 Thetas) and we were talking about letters and they all said they don't like to wear letters because when you have three 4" letters, they go from armpit to armpit. If you get 3" letters, it fits very nicely, but they aren't as widely available as 4" letters.

I remember being excited to go to Theta when I went through recruitment because their colors are black and gold and I am a huge Steelers fan!

I liked how Alpha Chi Omega began in the School of Music when it was founded. I also liked their philanthropy. I thought I fit in, but it ended up not being the place for me.

About the SDT looking like EAT, the SDTs embrace it at UMD. There's a shirt with Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes) that says "We're GrrrrrrSDT!" They also have a philanthropy event called "SDT your way through College Park, where restaurants give some of their profits to SDT's philanthropy if you eat there on the designated night. I also think they have a shirt that says "SDT your heart out". I was at a PHA meeting once and this kid who was running for SGA was talking about the chapter houses owned by the University and he mentioned "Sigma Alpha Tau" and I just cringed. The kid was obviously not Greek.

I have a lot of pet peeves, but one of my biggest ones is when people say "EK" or write "EK". Especially people who should know better and should have learned how to make Sigmas.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
About the SDT looking like EAT, the SDTs embrace it at UMD. There's a shirt with Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes) that says "We're GrrrrrrSDT!" They also have a philanthropy event called "SDT your way through College Park, where restaurants give some of their profits to SDT's philanthropy if you eat there on the designated night. I also think they have a shirt that says "SDT your heart out". I was at a PHA meeting once and this kid who was running for SGA was talking about the chapter houses owned by the University and he mentioned "Sigma Alpha Tau" and I just cringed. The kid was obviously not Greek.
During recruitment last year, the sig delts at my school had the "SDT your heart out." tshirt..i thought it was ADORABLE!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
I was at a PHA meeting once and this kid who was running for SGA was talking about the chapter houses owned by the University and he mentioned "Sigma Alpha Tau" and I just cringed. The kid was obviously not Greek.
Kind of off the main topic about non-greek pet peeves... At our student senate we had a hard time getting the non-greek people there to use the right nicknames for the sororities. They would call KAT "Kappas" and GPBs "Gammas." They also had a habbit of putting KK7 instead of KKG on things. Oy...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
Kind of off the main topic about non-greek pet peeves... At our student senate we had a hard time getting the non-greek people there to use the right nicknames for the sororities. They would call KAT "Kappas" and GPBs "Gammas." They also had a habbit of putting KK7 instead of KKG on things. Oy...
on the topic of non greek pet peeves, soooo many people say N E X (and its a nickname of ours) but they get confused when they see a sigma versus an E (like not realizing that it's the same organization) and Chi... lordy so many ppl say "chai" instead of "chi"
we actually had a host at an even say nu sigma "chai" and we all yelled out it's CHI!!!!! lol

and we had SDT at our school use the EAT reference too, having a shirt say "SDT your heart out", I thought it was sooo cute too!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
heh

I used to think that....then I observed hair sticking out of the stockings...

Closed Thread