GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,509
0 members and 1,509 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2001, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Aaliyah dead!

Last edited by Jen; 08-13-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

This is very sad news, especially with someone as young and talented as herself.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I just heard from Allie (TigerGirl), I was so shocked!! She seemed so nice...and she was so young...and so talented...ahhhh, this is still a big shock to me.

Proves that we have to live each day to our fullest...and tell the ppl we love that we love them.

My deepest sympathies go out to her family, who must be in so much pain right now .
Old 08-26-2001, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Oh My goodness! I just found out about it. I'm crushed She used to babysit a good friend of mine years ago and I had even met her on a couple ocassions. She was such a talented and sweet young lady. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. may she rest in peace.
Old 08-26-2001, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

This is soo sad, she was so talented and so young too.Kinda makes you stop and think for a second that anything at anytime can happen
~My prayers and love go out to her family and friends~
Rest in Peace Aaliyah
Old 08-26-2001, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Unhappy

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was some kind of joke. Man, I still can't believe it. She was only 22!
Old 08-26-2001, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
I was sitting here in the computer lab last night when I found out. A girl next to me saw an article on Yahoo about it and was telling everyone. It's really hard to believe that she's gone. She was only 2 years older than me. She had not even reached her full potential. It goes to show you that you should live each day like it's your last. My prayers are definitely with her family, friends, and fans right now.

Allison
Old 08-26-2001, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

When my friend told me this morning I didn't believe it, but I checked MTV.com and it is just really sad. It's so strange to think that someone so famous and so talented could just be there shooting a video in the bahamas one day and the next day...well, not.
Old 08-26-2001, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I found out earlier this evening and like the rest of you, I cannot believe it. No, I didn't own any of her cd's, however I think it is a tragedy. So sad. So young. It gives me the chills to think at how precious life is.
Hootie
Old 08-26-2001, 11:44 PM
Unregistered-

Unhappy

I've been gone for most of the day, and as I clicked to check today's messages in the CC forum, I hear it on the news. Sure enough, it's the first message in the forum.

She and I were the same age...and what I admired most about her was the fact that she had already made a name for herself at 15...do you remember what you did when you were 15?

A beautiful young woman, a talented entertainer with no limits, she'll surely be missed along with those who have been taken from us too soon.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

This whole thing is so shocking to me. I just turned 22 on Thursday (the same age as Aaliyah). This past week I've been joking about how I'm getting old, but that is so not the case. There is so much left to do and see. It's so tragic that Aaliyah won't have a chance to make more movies, record other albums, or whatnot. I was watching her MTV Diary the other week and she seemed like such a beautiful, sweet girl. I agree with you guys that it makes you stop and think how precious life is.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:36 AM
Unregistered-

Red face

Just heard "At Your Best (You are love)" just now and it literally gave me goosebumps.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsDGP007 Send a message via Yahoo to MsDGP007
I 1st heard about it when a friend of mine from Philadelphia IMed me on AOL to say goodmorning. When he told me, I just knew he was joking (because he loves to fake me out) but then he forwarded the MTV.com link to me. Wow. I was never a huge fan of her's, but I had a lot of respect for what she was doing. My prayers are with her family, friends, and the people she worked with in the music and film industry.

Plane crashes always bum me out being that I'm involved in aviation (avionics, not flight). Plane crashes don't happen that often and flying is still far safer than driving; it's just that when there is a plane crash...the results are so devastating!

I wonder if there will be some sort of tribute during the MTV music awards? That would be nice.