Welcome to our newest member, Kamila
» Online Users: 1,000
2 members and 998 guests
Bostonmvr, Low D Flat

Old 10-02-2004, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumnae Initiation "paperwork"?

Hello all!

I'm so fortunate to have you all as a resource to ask questions (I have so many, but don't want to overwhelm!).

I've been reading lots of posts on Greek Chat pertaining to alumnae initiation and have learned quite a bit. My question is: are PNAM required to complete an "application" for membership or submit some sort of paperwork (such as a resume or an essay stating why you want to become a member)? Some PNAMs on this site have made references to such things, but no one really has gone into detail about it.

Is there paperwork? What do these national groups typically want to know about a potential alumnae initiate (resume? college transcripts? background check?)?

Then what is done with that information once they collect it?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2004, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Alumnae Initiation "paperwork"?

Quote:
Originally posted by lake
Hello all!

I'm so fortunate to have you all as a resource to ask questions (I have so many, but don't want to overwhelm!).

I've been reading lots of posts on Greek Chat pertaining to alumnae initiation and have learned quite a bit. My question is: are PNAM required to complete an "application" for membership or submit some sort of paperwork (such as a resume or an essay stating why you want to become a member)? Some PNAMs on this site have made references to such things, but no one really has gone into detail about it.

Is there paperwork? What do these national groups typically want to know about a potential alumnae initiate (resume? college transcripts? background check?)?

Then what is done with that information once they collect it?

Thanks!
An application for nomination for Alumna Initiation is required to be submitted for Phi Mu. The questions are along the line you might guess.

Approval by various chapter and area officers, with ultimate approval by the National Council is required.

As much information as you would like to provide is always appropriate
Old 10-04-2004, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

So far, I've had to submit a resume, a letter of intent, and my contact info. There could be more to come...

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Alumnae Initiation "paperwork"?

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
An application for nomination for Alumna Initiation is required to be submitted for Phi Mu. The questions are along the line you might guess.

Approval by various chapter and area officers, with ultimate approval by the National Council is required.

As much information as you would like to provide is always appropriate
Ditto what she said.....
Old 10-05-2004, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I had to fill out an application, and have also gotten a couple of letters of recomendation as well.

LM, your idea of a resume is great...I wonder if I should have done that as well?? It wasn't required though...
Old 10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JennRN
I had to fill out an application, and have also gotten a couple of letters of recomendation as well.

LM, your idea of a resume is great...I wonder if I should have done that as well?? It wasn't required though...
I'm thinking of the form I had to complete as the President of our Alumnae Chapter and there's no way I could have done it without a resume.......
Old 10-05-2004, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

To be an AI, I just had to fill out an official application form which was mostly basic info.

HOWEVER, prior to being approved for AI, Cele needed extra info about me, my education, my community service and leadership activities and so on.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 10-06-2004, 04:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I'm thinking of the form I had to complete as the President of our Alumnae Chapter and there's no way I could have done it without a resume.......
Well, there was a section on my application about work, community activities, college experience, interests, etc. They never asked me for an official resume though.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone. It appears as if the requirements are different depending on which group is asking!! I have a resume, and a letter/essay I've written detailing why I want to be an XYZ. I guess once I get more into the process I'll just submit what's needed when it's needed.

Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:08 PM
cutiepatootie

Alpha Phi asked the same type questions along the line of school, community and other basic questions. I dont think any will ask personal information like social sec number, credit card info or blood type and shoe size. It is definately not applying for a bank loan heheh .....They want to get to know the person and how you would be an asset to their GLO.