GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 896
0 members and 896 guests
No Members online

Old 08-23-2000, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking trying out for "the real world"

call me crazy gang, but i'm auditioning for the tenth season of "the real world". my mother thinks i'm nuts *and as a therapist, her opinion scares me*, my father doesn't watch it, so he doesn't care and everyone else i've told says "oh, you'd be PERFECT for the real world...you have that...look."

well, i'd like to know who ELSE might be considering auditioning for the show. i don't know anyone else who is, but i'd like to...so if you're thinking of auditioning, post back! even if you're not, tell me what you think about all this....

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-23-2000, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

That - sounds - NEAT! I have thought about it more times that you would imagine. I brought it up again recently, and my boyfriend gave me "The Look." He has decided that everyone on the show has to have an "issue" to get freaked out about, and mine would be him. You should GO FOR IT! You have to submit a tape right? When is the deadline - what is the address (see, now my wheels are turning). If I think of some grand plan for a SUPER TAPE, I'll let you know.
Old 08-23-2000, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in college MTV came to our town to do auditions. This was five years ago!!!! I don't know if the procedure has changed, but you did not submit a tape. They set up at a local restaurant, and had a "booth" like on the show. You filled out paperwork about yourself, they snapped a Polaroid or you gave them your head shots, and then you sat in the booth for a couple of minutes and talked about yourself while they taped you.

Then they had callbacks in about ten days!

So.... that's my input. I say go for it! But only if you can still post at the Greek Chat while you are there.
Old 08-23-2000, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I must admit I like the Real World, I have never thought of trying out because at this point I'm a little to old but I think you should really go for it. Let us know if you make it!!!!

------------------
Peace
KL
Old 08-23-2000, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you should go for it! They came to my campus too about 3 years ago. I heard the crowd was crazy!! Well if you guys are avid fans, you all know that the girl Lindsay from the Seattle show, was from my school (UofMich). It was weird seeing her around campus after the show. She'd be in the library or the computer lab and I just couldn't help staring like "oh my god, that's Lindsay".

Anyway, you should go for it. Personally I don't think I could be on that show. Someone always has a major issue and I like to live drama free! I mean, can you imagine being on the show when like Ruthie was on there? That's too much for me to handle up close and personal like that.

Hey if you do it and make it, you have thank all of us at G.C. for helping you in your decision
Old 08-23-2000, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm definately doing it, and don't know when deadlines are. i've ben checking www.bunim-murray.com everyday to see if casting information is up yet. i'll probably have to send in a tape, which means that i'll have to bum a video camera off someone. i'll also need to fill out a questionnaire. and you can ALL guarantee that if i were to make it *which is SO highly unlikely give the odds, but you never know*, greekchat will be my main forum as always. i'll keep you on the up and up. and if you've got any ideas that DON'T involve nudity *i have some wicked tan lines right now* let me know!

fraternally,

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-25-2000, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hehe you on the Real world!!!! LOL!!!

Funny-----

Old 08-25-2000, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

watch me, man...i'm gonna be chillin' on the real world someday! hopefully next season. if anyone finds out about casting, or wants to audition as well, let me know!!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------

Old 08-28-2000, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Wink

Real World, more like Soap Opera. My roommate tried out. He sent out a video tape with footage from star wars. It was really cool and funny. From what I've herd, he didn't have enoug issues to get in. I know I could never get in. If I did, it would be the most boring Real World in history. Just see me sleeping, sleeping, sleeping, etc. Free room and board, I would sleep all day. Only problem I have is my three girlfriends from the planet Venus. Oh wait, that is for Ricki Lake.
Old 08-28-2000, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

well guys, the information has been posted and i'm formulating my videotape as we speak. very excited and i'll let you know how the tape goes and when i send it...and if i get a reply! cross your fingers for me!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------

Old 08-31-2000, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by etienneSAI:
well guys, the information has been posted and i'm formulating my videotape as we speak. very excited and i'll let you know how the tape goes and when i send it...and if i get a reply! cross your fingers for me!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

Good Luck to you. They came here to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Theo from Road Rules this season is a student here at LSU. I would love to try out myself,but I'm too old

Old 05-31-2001, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

So has anyone else thought of auditioning for the Real World/Road Rules.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I've considered it, but if I do it I'd want to wait till after I'm finished with school (next May), because if I did get on by some miracle, I would not want to have to take time off of school to go.
Old 05-31-2001, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
does anyone know where the next Real World season is taking place? I've heard everything from Chicago to Vegas.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD:
does anyone know where the next Real World season is taking place? I've heard everything from Chicago to Vegas.
New York City, I believe in Harlem specifically. I might be wrong about that but I know it's NYC. I'm surprised they haven't been to Chicago yet.