GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,179
1 members and 1,178 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Who has recruitment in the fall?

I thought we could share our recruitment dates/trials/successes as the fall recruitment season approaches. As MRD for my chapter, I know I'll have plenty to post!!!!

Our recruitment (formal) is Sept 5th-11th we have a house night, philanthropy night, sisterhood night (invite only) and pref night (invite only). We have a small campus 1500 or so undergrad, chapter total is currently set at 39, our chapter has 31, and quota averages 10 every year. This year panhellenic is working really hard to get recruitment numbers up, we're doing freshman move in, a huge pr campaign, the parent's prospective booklet from NPC, and a big recruitment info booklet. Our panhellenic theme is: "Letters today, Leaders tomorrow", which I think does alot to avoid stereotypes. We're hoping for 50 plus girls to sign up this year.

We have three sororities on my campus: Sigma with 31 members, Chi Omega with 29-33 (they were the total setters and then had graduates, so I'm not sure the current total), and Alpha Sigma Tau with 10 to 12 (again an approx, they had a very successful informal in spring so I'm not sure).

recruitment here is not very competitive, we never see recs, and the big problems we have are girls dropping out before pref or ISP (suiciding) b/c with such a small greek system most pnms KNOW (so they say) where they want to go. we're trying to cut down on that by being extra panhellenic.

Both Chi O and Sigma consistantly make quota and AST is our newest chapter so they are growing by leaps and bounds every year. ok so I think that was enough info for one post does anyone else have some recruitment info about their campus? C'mon, I know ya'll are out there!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Kent State (my chapter-Alpha Beta)-has formal recruitment from Sept 11th- 19th.

Chapters here:

Tri Sigma
Alpha Phi
Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Chi Omega

Rush here isn't really competitive either. We're lucky if 250 PNMs sign up. The only time it can get competitive is when alot of PNMs are DEAD SET on one house and that house is forced to cut heavy.

We get a few girls who suicide and end up w/ no bids, but not many. Total is about 90. Everyone's there except us and DZ, but we're VERY close to it. Quota each year is about 25 and everybody gets it usually.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-12-2004 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
Our Structured Recruitment dates here at Eastern Michigan University are Sept. 21-25. All events take place at the student union so that the PNM's don't try to make their decisions based on the house. This year we are having 2 Open Houses(on different nights so the girls can come to one or the other if they have night classes), a Philanthropy day, Financial day, and Preference day. The girls receive their bids later on in the day on Preference day. I don't know exactly what my chapter is doing each day because I am a Recruitment Counselor and am now disaffiliated. I am really excited to meet the PNM's and to see who my new sisters are going to be!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

We are having a structured informal recruitment this fall. We were trying to switch to Fall Recruitment, but our administration wouldn't let it happen, which really sucked. Instead we are doing a "like formal" informal recruitment. It will definatly be an experience, but a good one I hope. Our recruitment is September 13-19. The thing that really sucks is that we can't give bids to any freshmen who don't have a college GPA (ie PSEO students). We are super bummed and we are all hopeing that it goes good. Our PHC vp of recruitment stepped down from her position lastweek so her assist. recruitment stepped up in her place. It is very UNORGANIZED!!! Oh well, we are all praying for the best. Wish us luck!!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Illinois State

Western and Eastern Illinois Chapters made quota!

At Illinois State, quota was 22. I heard from a few actives that there was a vote at Panhel to change the quota system. I guess it was originally set at 17 and then it was voted to be set at 22. They also said that like only 2 houses on campus made quota. Rush wasn't easy this year because of Labor Day - many dropped out.

Anyways, they got 6 women for formal and 9 through informal = 15 pnms.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Northern Il (NIU) made quota also + 1. Small group went thru the process this year, quota was 18 for 8 houses. They have some special rules in regard to possible new members being left with only 1 house on their list, if they choose the house and the house has issued a bid, it's a match and you may exceed quota. (I'm sure it's much more technical, but that's what I got out of it). Formal was this past weekend and they followed that up with informal on Monday night. Last I heard we had an additional 7-9 new members from informal, so a total of at least 26 for the Fall New Member Class. We took a huge hit last year with a big group of seniors graduating, we needed that. Great job Beta Alpha!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi - Murray State

If I count correctly, Alpha Chi Chapter at Murray State took quota (25).

Old 09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, this year was our 1st year using ICS Recruiter (computer system) and some problems caused alot of chapters to get screwed. Quota was 19 and we ended up with 5! Since no one made quota, PHC let us start COR early. So I'm EXCITED to report that we NOW have 10 new members, and hope to have quota by the end of the week!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
Congratulations to everyone on Recruitment! My campus just had Structured last week, with a quota of 9 per chapter. We brought home 8 lovely new ladies from Structured. We have Open Recruitment this week, but I'm not sure how it went- I couldn't be there the second night. I was a Gamma Rho Chi during Structured, so I couldn't be out in the rooms, but there were so many great ladies who went through. We did have small numbers, but we had quality over quantity for sure! I hope everyone has a great Structured as well as a great COB!