Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,146
2 members and 1,144 guests
KDKells

Old 09-27-2004, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Delta Chapter

Hey everyone,
I'm from Theta Chi Chapter at UGA and I had a new pledge ask me a question the other day that I couldn't answer. The pledge was looking through the listings of all the chapters, by letter designation, and asked why it jumps to Kappa Delta and then goes back with the "Theta......blank" designations. I'm not sure what school it was, but it is a recently chartered school, just like us. I hope someone will know or will know who to ask. Thanks.

YITBOS,
Bret
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Kappa Delta Chapter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bret
Hey everyone,
I'm from Theta Chi Chapter at UGA and I had a new pledge ask me a question the other day that I couldn't answer. The pledge was looking through the listings of all the chapters, by letter designation, and asked why it jumps to Kappa Delta and then goes back with the "Theta......blank" designations. I'm not sure what school it was, but it is a recently chartered school, just like us. I hope someone will know or will know who to ask. Thanks.

YITBOS,
Bret
Sorry for intruding, but just wanted to toss out a possible answer. With some sororities (my own included), when a local is colonized, sometimes they retain their local name as their chapter name and that's why it jumps out of order. they may also just use the first two letters of the name. Perhaps this group was a local called Kappa Delta ____ before they colonized as a chapter Delta Sigma Phi?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

It's for Karen Decker, the wife of Tom Decker, former Nat'l President. There's a tie with the Deckers and VA Tech, and the chapter, when they chartered, asked to be the Kappa Delta Chapter, rather than take the next chapter designation.

You'll also note that historically Tau's have been in Michigan...Tau being the first at Hillsdale. There's no Eta Tau Chapter; my guess is this was held for another school in Michigan. Someone (in my opinion) screwed royally up by allowing Temple U. to be Theta Tau.