GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,374
3 members and 1,371 guests
PhoenixAttain

Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Instruments / Vocal Range

I searched for instruments, to see if there was a previously started thread in here I could bump up, but did not find one. Hoping to get some more conversation flowing in here, let's see how this topic helps ^_^

So, just curious, what instrument does everyone play? If you sing, what vocal range do you sing in?

I play piano and flute, and I sing Alto to Soprano.

My dad was a flute major at Northwestern University, and his mom, my Nana, was a piano major at Juliard... so they started me at a young age. Though I am not a music major myself.

My mom just loves to sing, and she is in several choir groups all over Long Island... but I actually didn't pick it up from her, some of my friends dragged me down to chorus the 2nd year we could join (5th grade) and from then on I was hooked... regular chorus, jazz chorus, musicals, county choir (which you got into by singing well for your NYSSMA solo - New York State School Music Association). What can I say, singing is a wonderful past time for me. ^_^

I'm quite sad though as I've been slacking since I came to college last year. I did take a semester of piano first semester... but that's about all I've done with the school for music. I had really wanted to audition and get into the choir and band here, but I ended up getting work hours before I knew what the audition and meeting hours were for those, so I ended up not being able to fit into my schedule ;_;

I've been picking back up on the piano quite a bit this summer though, since I'm staying at the Sinfonia house, having the piano downstairs on the main floor really helps. I have all of my sheet music filling up the piano bench currently (there are very few of us in the house this summer). The main reason I didn't play as much in the dorm was because the piano in the basement of my freshman dorm was broken (some wires were broken on important notes!) and travelling all the way to other dorms / the music building was a huge hassle when I was just in a mood to play a few songs for a homework break or something... I'm hoping I have better luck with the dorm piano in my new dorm this fall.

Anyway, that was a rather long ramble.... I'll let you guys talk now!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I played percussion for 1 year, clarinet for 9 years. I've been singing all of my life-mainly choral music and gospel. I sing Soprano through Tenor. I really want to learn how to play the piano and the organ.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kylemusicman
i am a vocal major.... i sing baritone/tenor

i also play the bassoon
Old 08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Holla

Hi! There's not much going on in the SAI forum, so I decided to see what's going on over here.

I'm in the process of graduating in performance from Morehead State University in Kentucky. My primary emphasis is in flute and my secondary is in voice; I sing soprano.

I am planning on auditioning for an army band sometime in the near future.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedMusiq4U Send a message via Yahoo to RedMusiq4U
I'm actually not a vocal major but a vocal minor. I'm double majoring in Textile Design and Marketing. I'm heavily involved in the arts so I pretty much do everything....Sing, Draw, Act, Dance, Sew, Produce, Write Songs the whole shabang...you name it I do it. As far as my vocal ability I'm a 1st tenor but I can sing any voice part. I can sing just about any genre of music b/c I love music.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to joeymcconnell
Hail from Morehead State University. I have played the clarinet since the 6th grade and I am still going strong. In high school I played the timpani in Marching band for four years and Mellophone in the pep band for four years. Oh and by the way I miss my Melissa and Stephanie from Gamma Upsilon @ Morehead State University. Much love from Hawaii.

Joey McConnell
Theta Pi '02
Morehead State University
Old 08-30-2004, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joeymcconnell
Much love from Hawaii.
What are you doing in Hawaii {he asked ever so enviously}?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to joeymcconnell
Hawaii

All hail brother. I am doing a program from my school called the National Student Exchange program. This is where you get the oppurtunity to study at another college for one or two semesters and all the credits you take go back to your home school. It is a great oppurtunity and I am so glad that I got to participate in it. I have met many people. It is a good way to study your field from other peoples views. I totally recommend this to anyone who is interested in doing it. It is totally worth while.

Aloha
Joey McConnell
Theta Pi '02
Morehead State University
Old 09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

So cool! Enjoy it -- Hawaii is a truly awesome place.

Another one of those times I would like to do college again!