Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,560
1 members and 1,559 guests
No Members online

Old 12-15-2003, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MizSassyPants Send a message via Yahoo to MizSassyPants
Question for the boys of KSig!

Now...I go to Portland State University and there's a "little" animosity between your brothers and the men of Tau Kappa Epsilon. There's some history in this, but I was just wondering...is this a campus rivalry or do all TKEs and K.Sigs feel the same way towards each other?
~Siera aka Inquiring Phi Sig~
Old 12-15-2003, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jggnoedig
I go to Willamette, which is close enough to PSU. We dont have any TKE's down here, but Theta Delta chapter has a big ole rivalry with PDT. We arent feeling the love towards SAE at the moment either.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
If you can't go Greek go TKE if you can't go TKE go home

Inter-fraternal rivalries are a part of the culture. The specific house will vary from campus to campus...

Old 12-16-2003, 04:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MizSassyPants Send a message via Yahoo to MizSassyPants
Haha, I've heard that before. Luckily I'm friends with all the brothers of each fraternity, so I know they don't take offense to that. Thatnks for your guys' input!
~Siera~
Phi Sig 4 life
Old 12-17-2003, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Question for the boys of KSig!

Siera, are you stirring up trouble again? I think the rivals at PSU are funny. (Not that I don't have my favorites). It's a small greek system considering the size of the student body. Can't we all just get along?

Quote:
Originally posted by MizSassyPants
Now...I go to Portland State University and there's a "little" animosity between your brothers and the men of Tau Kappa Epsilon. There's some history in this, but I was just wondering...is this a campus rivalry or do all TKEs and K.Sigs feel the same way towards each other?
~Siera aka Inquiring Phi Sig~
Old 01-01-2004, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Like anything else I think it depends on the campus - you're going to have rivalries everywhere, the strength of which really depend on where you are.

At my school it was always Chi Phi who we had a rivalry with - whether it was Rush, sports, whatever, they were our biggest rivals.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to K3_Kappa Sigma
Over here @ Midwestern State Univ in TX, there is a rivalry, but mainly the TKE's here have a bad rep, and apparently are white trash. Anyways this what people here think of them, I dont know any of them so i can judge. Yet..
Old 02-28-2004, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntcrows
we dont have teks here but we still hate them b/c we are close with the TN Tech chapter that hates them. We just hate the sigma phi epsilons that make everyone they meet a brother with no pledgeship. We call them the club that plays tag for new members here, and refer to them as taggits.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LBKSIG
I go to Long Beach State, our biggest rivals are the TKEs...they are the biggest shit talkers
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to K-Sig615 Send a message via Yahoo to K-Sig615
Well... I go to a private college called Cumberland University... it's smaller than the high school I went to, but there are two nationally recognized fraternities there.... Kappa Sigma (the ONLY way to fly....) and SAE... now, I could be wrong, but out of their entire chapter, maybe three of them AREN'T pricks. As for TiKE... I've actually never had an encounter with one yet, but I did attend a Pike party at Vandy over the summer, and I definitely was NOT feelin' the love there.... I was accepted in and was mingling, and when some of my bros tried to follow me in, I was immediately routed OUT of the party....

Damn Pikes....